Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2

foleyjo said:
Ive noticed a new problem and i dont know if its just my sd card or something Im doing.
sometimes I put a game on my SD card and take all the disks. Then when I put them on uae all the disks show as disk 1.
The most recent one to do this was lost in mine. I took all the 3 disks and they were all disk 1. I double checked on the PC and they were disks 1 2 and 3. I even tried them in Winuae and they were disks 1 2 and 3 but as soon as they are on the GP2X they are all the same disk. Even the filenames show up exactly the same.

As anyone else noticed this problem??
:blink:
If you set the GP2X to be a USB mass storage device, and connect it to your PC, what does Windows show the files as? I imagine you've got a corrupt FAT on the SD card... any other ideas, anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that when a filename is too long that it gets cut off in uae4all, thus the disk names all seem to be the same since you can't read the end bit (where it says disk1, 2 etc.)

Just a guess, I thought it was difficult to navigate through disks sometimes, especially when swapping them because the menu does not stay in the same folder but puts you back in to the root dir.

"SunSpire"

yeah man, rename files. to make them shorter.
maybe when the linux gp2x mounts the unit doesnt support more than x chars on the file name.

i never had that problem tho.

I just tested Wings and It came from the desert on the latest release. Everything is OK.
Some sound glitches but the rest is fine.
I'm just trying Rainbow island right now but the game seems to hang after the "Rainbow Project" screen.
I'm going to try Rocket Ranger after that.

dromede said:
[...]
Anyways, i'm currently trying to compile your latest uae4all but i'm having some trouble with your makefile. To be exact, the compile stage runs fine but i'm having some troubles with the linking stage. i tried cross compiling and compiling it natively. Both failed at the link stage. the native compile can't find my libpthreads and the cross compile can't find my libSDL files. But those problems are probably due to my lack of knowledge, i can't really say that i know what i'm doing when i'm editing your Makefiles X-D. Now... is it really worth the trouble to just try to compile it straight for the Zaurus without any changes to the code? will it even run if i manage to compile it? If not, what changes would have to be done to make it run on the Zaurus?
You will probably need to fix your broken libs, change sound_gp2x.cpp to sound.cpp in the makefile (unless your device supports OSS sound output), port menu and input code. I can't tell you more because I wasn't the one who ported this to GP2X.

foleyjo said:
Ive noticed a new problem and i dont know if its just my sd card or something Im doing.
sometimes I put a game on my SD card and take all the disks. Then when I put them on uae all the disks show as disk 1.
You might have hit internal file name length limit. As others suggest, rename your files.

SunSpire said:
Isn't that when a filename is too long that it gets cut off in uae4all, thus the disk names all seem to be the same since you can't read the end bit (where it says disk1, 2 etc.)
It lets me see the full filename in UAE4all when I press select no matter on the filename size.
for example a game with a longer filename

On PC using SD Card reader and USB connection to GP2X
Valhalla - Fortress of Eve(1996)(vulcan Software){cr HF}(Disk 1 of 6).adf
Valhalla - Fortress of Eve(1996)(vulcan Software){cr HF}(Disk 2 of 6).adf
etc
On UAE4All (pressing select on filename to show full full name)
Valhalla - Fortress of Eve 1996 vulcan Software cr HF Disk 1 of 6.adf
Valhalla - Fortress of Eve 1996 vulcan Software cr HF Disk 2 of 6.adf
etc

On PC using SD Card reader and USB connection to GP2X
Lost in Mine(1985)(MarkSoft)(l){cr RVL}(Disk 1 or 3).adf
Lost in Mine(1985)(MarkSoft)(l){cr RVL}(Disk 2 or 3).adf
etc
On UAE4All (pressing select on filename to show full full name)
Lost in Mine 1985 MarkSoft l cr RVL Disk 1 or 3 .adf
Lost in Mine 1985 MarkSoft l cr RVL Disk 1 or 3 .adf

They dont just show up with the wrong filename they all actually load disk 1. They are definatly not all disk 1 they have been tested on winuae. Also the filename doesnt affect the file itself so even if the names were just cut off they shouldnt all load disk 1

Changing filenames is a solution to the problem but Im just wondering why i get the problem

virusx said:
Just to let you know that Rocket Ranger worked nice but the Code wheel provided by Cinemaware doesn't seems to work :(
Ah, Rocket Ranger. One of my favourites. The original version is banned here in Germany. Stupid censors. :(
The codewheel worked for me. For the first misson to get the zeppelin (USA-Atlantic) fill 31 units of lunarium into the chamber.

Regards,
Stephan

Bubble Bobble works good
Darius+ has problems with graphics breaking up :(
STUN Runner is sluggish but runs!
After Burner 1 & 2 runs good
StarRay Great retro defender clone fun! :lol: Nice graphics
Z-Out (What is with these aliens blowing up my ship! :eek: ) Runs great!

Having a great time with Uae4all!!

Frenetic is a joy to play!

sbock said:
Ah, Rocket Ranger. One of my favourites. The original version is banned here in Germany. Stupid censors. :(
The codewheel worked for me. For the first misson to get the zeppelin (USA-Atlantic) fill 31 units of lunarium into the chamber.
Thank you for the hint Stephan :)
From what I have red, there was two versions of the game: Europe and Usa.
The Cinemaware one is Europe (as for the official decoding wheel on their site).
But the crk'd version is US... That was the one I used. I'm going to download the cinemaware
This is really stupid as I didn't see what is the problem except that there is Nazis in the game.
And they are the bad guys... Censors like that are stupid everywhere lol.
I don't remember anything about Germany in itself.

sbock said:

Oh yes I can remember this, the nazis were replaced by aliens called "Leutonen", hilarious!

I've just got address errors working, Shadow of the beast no longer crashes. Now Turrican3 will get it's treatment and 0.7.2 will be out (so I can finally leave).

notaz said:
I've just got address errors working, Shadow of the beast no longer crashes. Now Turrican3 will get it's treatment and 0.7.2 will be out (so I can finally leave).
You'll be back. They always come back to the Amiga :blink:

foleyjo said:
notaz said:

I think it's not the Amiga he doesn't like, it's the code. And he is absolutely right, if the project isn't fun anymore he should leave and do something else.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>
b._.o._.b said:
</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
foleyjo posted on Aug 2 2007 at 08:57 PM said:
notaz posted on Aug 2 2007 at 08:14 PM said:

I think it's not the Amiga he doesn't like, it's the code. And he is absolutely right, if the project isn't fun anymore he should leave and do something else.

I was just having a laugh <_<

Maybe he could work on UAE2X next :lol:

chaos engineer said:
notaz, if you are bored, maybe you could help franxis to bring out run to mame2x
Bored? I think you've got a serious timing problem :blink:

Back