Unofficial Keyboard Layouts

Maybe that's a Korean thing, like Japanese PS2 games often using O to accept and X to go back.
Because in Japanese O means "OK" and X means "batsu" i.e. "No" so it's actually very natural in Japanese to have these associations. I have no idea why they changed these associations for the foreign markets.  

Maybe that's a Korean thing, like Japanese PS2 games often using O to accept and X to go back.
Because in Japanese O means "OK" and X means "batsu" i.e. "No" so it's actually very natural in Japanese to have these associations. I have no idea why they changed these associations for the foreign markets.  
Because X locks on, and O expands, which is kinda natural for EUR/USA.

As well as that pressing X involves some effort unlike O which is almost on the side, sitting below the finger basically, which is like the huge Enter key, which is a little bit harder to press than other keys on most keyboards.

Colors are also important. Which color does the player play by default in the games?

As well as that cancel button is "less interesting to press" as i earlier described.

Playing a shooter with O instead of X may feel like playing with you left hand (sorry to all lefthanded readers of this post) on the action buttons.

I got used to JAP way anyway, as its a matter of what you are getting comfortable to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also associate X with no, as in "prohibited", "forbidden", "wrong", e.g. "no parking":

Parking-prohibited-sign166.jpg

gxHwdYIt9L6D81Qsb4fkww-temp-upload.nrrvtxny.jpeg

It is kind of confusing though that on the PlayStation, cross is blue and circle is red (and triangle is green). It makes more sense to make "yes" green and "no" red.

I've never heard anyone say it stands for "OK" before. I was just under the impression that "Maru" (Circle) was just used as positive due to coincidence or tradition in Japanese culture.

-God Ginrai

It is kind of confusing though that on the PlayStation, cross is blue and circle is red (and triangle is green). It makes more sense to make "yes" green and "no" red.
But it would be too boring!

Straight associations are nice, but i personally hate Green for YES.

A "YES" is not always "RIGHT" in a quest. A select button is not always "YES", as it sometimes may be "FIRE".

Do you know why they are red, but you are blue? Not to tell that you are "Right and good". Not to make "right-wrong". Blue and red is very nice actually.

For the same reason, there is no Blue-Yellow. But i dont see obvious "who is green and who is red" in the Blue-Yellow... its very nice actually.

Revised the layout.

Added a Print Screen/SysRq key.

Added Pause/Break and Scroll Lock for legacy support.

Added a much needed AltGr key.

Added a Menu key to Sym + m(instead of the rarely used micro symbol which can be generated by AltGr + m, or another obscure glyph/currency symbol).

Moved brightness level keys to unused Sym + Up/Down directionals.

Kept ED's umlauts on their corresponding vowels.

B)

I figure a middleclick button is needed.
If we had the space for it.

We''ll just have to do with Nub #1's center button though for middle mouse clicking. :)
or just right nub down?(could be up) like it is on the Pandora.
I thought that the right nub was going to be used for scrolling, at least for vertical scrolling. Maybe use left and right on the right nub for mid and right clicking, respectively. Or allow the user to configure it, so those who prefer horizontal and vertical scrolling can use that. The touch screen could also be used for scrolling, too, right?

I figure a middleclick button is needed.
If we had the space for it.
We''ll just have to do with Nub #1's center button though for middle mouse clicking. :)
or just right nub down?(could be up) like it is on the Pandora.
I thought that the right nub was going to be used for scrolling, at least for vertical scrolling. Maybe use left and right on the right nub for mid and right clicking, respectively. Or allow the user to configure it, so those who prefer horizontal and vertical scrolling can use that. The touch screen could also be used for scrolling, too, right?
For page scrolling in a web browser the dpad up and down work just fine.

Latest lenovo thinkpad keyboard http://saloon.sixgun.org/t/new-thinkpad-keyboard/264

No altGR (triple key lettering)

No fn

No F-row. Mediakeys on a whole row

no caps lock

Home and End is in, suprising to me.

PgUp and PgDn is in (next to arrowbuttons)
Wonder why Lenovo continues onward with their Thinkpad signature red bozo the clown colored mouse nubby? You'd think a darker, more muted color would be available which doesn't stand out so much and wouldn't be too hard to locate on the pad for most typists.

BTW, the adaptive function key appears to be on the top row. They went for style here and it shows in the premium price tag of the X1. Someone also asked where the Caps Lock is. Top row, maybe? :huh:

Nevermind. I see Caps is a double tap of Right Shift.

I would not want to use that keyboard. :\

I don't think I've ever owned a Lenovo that had one.

Eh, I can live with that.

BLASPHEMY! How will we ever refresh?!?!

no caps lock
Not really too needed, IMHO.

That is needed, but that's a horrible place to put them. They should be where the PgUp and PgDn keys are.

Wonder why Lenovo continues onward with their Thinkpad signature red bozo the clown colored mouse nubby? You'd think a darker, more muted color would be available which doesn't stand out so much and wouldn't be too hard to locate on the pad for most typists.
Maybe because people like the red? I personally find the red to be a much better color for the nub than the muted colors.

-God Ginrai

Latest lenovo thinkpad keyboard http://saloon.sixgun.org/t/new-thinkpad-keyboard/264

No fn

no caps lock

PgUp and PgDn is in (next to arrowbuttons)
Wow, what were they thinking when they designed this. Or how they even allowed this to get past the drawing-board or even suggestion stages. I've seen some netbooks with more proper layouts than this. Wow...

Wow, what were they thinking when they designed this. Or how they even allowed this to get past the drawing-board or even suggestion stages. I've seen some netbooks with more proper layouts than this. Wow...

ZfLpG.gif

Rudolph with your nose so bright. Won't you guide my sleigh cursor tonight?
You really got a grudge for this thing... >.>

-God Ginrai

Back