Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

I have a suggestion for the About page. Bearing in mind that there are people following the project who don't read the forums much (or at all), the About text should provide a brief explanation of the blog's purpose.

I've drafted some text, and included HTML should you want to throw it in quickly. (Is that even necessary with Wordpress? If not, disregard. :))

I've tried to word it so that "outsiders" get an idea of the development process and flow of information, hopefully this will help put some minds at ease.

Unofficial blog? What's the point?

The OpenPandora team is hard at work getting the first batch of Pandoras out the door. And while they are providing increasingly juicy updates on the official blog, interesting tidbits are appearing on the forums all the time.

The Unofficial OpenPandora Blog brings together all the latest updates for those who don't trawl the forums every day; official announcements, community projects, and maybe the occasional rumour. If you're a news hungry Pandora fan, you're in the right place. Please leave us a comment, or join us on the forums!

- The Pandora community

CODE
<br><br>
The OpenPandora team is hard at work getting the first batch of Pandoras out the door. And while they are providing increasingly juicy updates on the <a href="http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php" target="blank">official blog</a>, interesting tidbits are appearing on the <a href="http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=62" target="blank">forums</a> all the time.
<br><br>
The Unofficial OpenPandora Blog brings together all the latest updates for those who don't trawl the forums every day; official announcements, community projects, and maybe the occasional rumour. If you're a news hungry Pandora fan, you're in the right place. Please leave us a comment, or join us on the <a href="http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=62" target="blank">forums</a>!
<br><br>
- The Pandora community

Comments/criticisms welcome of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benjiro said:
If you got a server somewhere, us it as a proxy ( if you use linux, use ssh as a socks proxy -> see google ;) ). Or setup a remote desktop ( on your home pc or on a server ( oa nxserver ) ). And the best part of it all...
You can't do that where I work; none of the PCs have a gateway, only the IP address of a proxy server (10.x), so they can only access (filtered) web and ftp traffic. The gateway itself is on a completely different network (both in address and cabling) and the proxy server has two network cards so it can talk on both nets.

^ I suspect my work's system will be like that, they're rather on the ball. They've even blocked Google's cache now, which was a nice resource for a while there.

Thanks for the detailed advice though Benjiro. It's one of those things I've been meaning to play with.

Gruso said:
I have a suggestion for the About page. Bearing in mind that there are people following the project who don't read the forums much (or at all), the About text should provide a brief explanation of the blog's purpose.

I've drafted some text, and included HTML should you want to throw it in quickly. (Is that even necessary with Wordpress? If not, disregard. :))

I've tried to word it so that "outsiders" get an idea of the development process and flow of information, hopefully this will help put some minds at ease.

The OpenPandora team is hard at work getting the first batch of Pandoras out the door. And while they are providing increasingly juicy updates on the official blog, interesting tidbits are appearing on the forums all the time.

The Unofficial OpenPandora Blog brings together all the latest updates for those who don't trawl the forums every day; official announcements, community projects, and maybe the occasional rumour. If you're a news hungry Pandora fan, you're in the right place. Please leave us a comment, or join us on the forums!

- The Pandora community

CODE
<br><br>
The OpenPandora team is hard at work getting the first batch of Pandoras out the door. And while they are providing increasingly juicy updates on the <a href="http://www.openpandora.org/blog.php" target="blank">official blog</a>, interesting tidbits are appearing on the <a href="http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=62" target="blank">forums</a> all the time.
<br><br>
The Unofficial OpenPandora Blog brings together all the latest updates for those who don't trawl the forums every day; official announcements, community projects, and maybe the occasional rumour. If you're a news hungry Pandora fan, you're in the right place. Please leave us a comment, or join us on the <a href="http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=62" target="blank">forums</a>!
<br><br>
- The Pandora community

Comments/criticisms welcome of course.

That's a great summary. I've updated the "About" page with this information.

Updated the blog with some more updates as well as a screenshot of the blog stats - showing just how many people visited the site on the first day alone. Today, it's already up to 300 visitors!

Now, all we need is a link on Open Pandora's homepage to the Community Blog and everything is fine :)

RSS is a lot more common. I prefer the new blog, as I don't like hunting around for the update thread.

It should have been pinned, along time ago!

joa said:
RSS is a lot more common. I prefer the new blog, as I don't like hunting around for the update thread.

It should have been pinned, along time ago!

It's indirectly pinned. You can easily see it in the Pandora Information Index. No hunting required :)

@TaG and mazza558
I know, that it is old news(for me at least ;) ), but it would be very good if you could include the info about running without battery and Pandora's weight in the blog, because this info is neither in the dev team updates list, nor in the wiki. I posted the info in the right thread, but Chip didn't include it in the list.

mali said:
@TaG and mazza558
I know, that it is old news(for me at least ;) ), but it would be very good if you could include the info about running without battery and Pandora's weight in the blog, because this info is neither in the dev team updates list, nor in the wiki. I posted the info in the right thread, but Chip didn't include it in the list.
They are in the wiki - now. ;) I have also added the Gentoo and USB charging to the wiki. I'll try and add things as we go along and if I get time I'll back-track and add anything I can. If people think something should be added please let me know and where ever possible provide a link.

@mazza558

I already sent you a PM. I would like to read a reply from you and the rest of the blog staff.

Back