Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

TaG said:
Looks like there is now a German version of the unofficial blog. http://today.openpandora.org/ Given the site, is this semi-official?

I was looking at that that today, tried translating it but failed due to Google thinking I'm a robot.

EDIT: The guy's quicker than me! He's got my list up, and I'm still writing the text :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
TaG said:
Looks like there is now a German version of the unofficial blog. http://today.openpandora.org/ Given the site, is this semi-official?

I was looking at that that today, tried translating it but failed due to Google thinking I'm a robot.

EDIT: The guy's quicker than me! He's got my list up, and I'm still writing the text :blink:Odd - works for me. Link.

PZ : if that doesn't work pm your email and I'll try and send it that way.

TaG said:
PlopperZ said:
TaG said:

EDIT: The guy's quicker than me! He's got my list up, and I'm still writing the text :blink:Odd - works for me. Link.

PZ : if that doesn't work pm your email and I'll try and send it that way.

Works now. Google seems to do that sometimes, must have to do with my ISP or something.
Anyway, that's a site worth knowing, the latest entry is interesting...

Pandora loading screen:
PandoraBoot.png

A user of the German board said that ED posted this pic on IRC.

mali said:
Pandora loading screen:
PandoraBoot.png

A user of the German board said that ED posted this pic on IRC.
Looks great!

Why keep the picture a surprise on the blog though?

Thanks for creating this. This is a very useful blog for those of us that just want to get all of the new information and any progress made without having to sift through a bunch of threads. The official list of dev updates isn't quite as useful for me as it really only covers posts by the main developers, which are usually easy to find and I end up reading them anyway. I like how this blog covers all the minutia (compared to dev updates from OpenPandora Inc) that people who follow this project care about!

Is the "openpandora" author Chip? If not, it is kind of misleading as it seems to imply (at least it does for me) that the author is a part of the OpenPandora team (which is significant in my books when it comes to people posting information about the Pandora).

I think the "openpandora" author is mazza558, because in the first post on the thread, they said that they posted the quote shown on the blog, which is written by the author in question.

Azure said:
Thanks for creating this. This is a very useful blog for those of us that just want to get all of the new information and any progress made without having to sift through a bunch of threads. The official list of dev updates isn't quite as useful for me as it really only covers posts by the main developers, which are usually easy to find and I end up reading them anyway. I like how this blog covers all the minutia (compared to dev updates from OpenPandora Inc) that people who follow this project care about!

Is the "openpandora" author Chip? If not, it is kind of misleading as it seems to imply (at least it does for me) that the author is a part of the OpenPandora team (which is significant in my books when it comes to people posting information about the Pandora).

Thank you from the team. Yes the minutia and 'unofficial' elements are one of the main things that separate the blog from the official updates.

As said above, openpandora is mazza558, because of how he got the blog name (wordpress suggests to start that you create a username and then can have a blog with the same name)

@mazza558 - you can set a nickname of mazza558 and then make that the visible name - might avoid confusion.

And yesterday we had 1310 visits! (1079>1192>1310) B)

TaG said:
@mazza558 - you can set a nickname of mazza558 and then make that the visible name - might avoid confusion.

Done. Makes things a little clearer, I agree.

mazza558 said:
Looks great!
I wanted to surprise you with the next video - as it should be implemented in the next version of the OS ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
mazza558 said:
Looks great!
I wanted to surprise you with the next video - as it should be implemented in the next version of the OS ;)

When will the next video be available? :D

mazza558 said:
EvilDragon said:
mazza558 said:
Looks great!

When will the next video be available? :D
Maybe a new year gift :)

My second post about this, I can't stress enough how nice it is when i want to check any snippet of info/update to just click bookmarks in firefox....

awwww....bliss.

Back