Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

Squidge said:
I'm not shitting in any thread, I'm just answering the people who say they have to search for the information, because they don't.
Now your being ridiculous Squidge!

where is the info on the Tv-out and WIfi? how do I find that easily on here or the official site?

Its on the front page of the unofficial blog.

EDIT: edited quote to show what I am replying too

Last edited by a moderator:
@Daryoon
In my opinion you totally miss the point here.
What Squidge said is true. The blog being a good idea is also true. The negativity you seem to read between the lines isn't there.

@stustaff
I've posted that info while it was hot, I'm sure Chip will include it in Dev Team Updates in the next days. I've posted it in this thread, because I truly support the blog and want it to be there first :)

stustaff said:
where is the info on the Tv-out and WIfi? how do I find that easily on here or the official site?

Its on the front page of the unofficial blog.
Agree's...

There are a lot of details that i missed ( and i read / look at the forums several times each day ). Also, the blog seems to have details that are not public known ( answers by mail from ED ), or information / translations from the German forum part. To much information is hidden in threads. And if people ask, they get the "search for it" answer... How do you search for information you don't know exists? ;)

The unofficial blog is what the official site/blog needed to have been.

mali said:
@stustaff
I've posted that info while it was hot, I'm sure Chip will include it in Dev Team Updates in the next days. I've posted it in this thread, because I truly support the blog and want it to be there first :)
Excactly the info is there on the unofficial blog but it isnt anywhere else except in a different language on the german site.

i dont 'blame' the guys for not putting it up on the official blog (yet) however it is news I want to know about and for Squidge to say I dont have to search for that info is daft.

The unofficial blog is oing a great job of putting all the new info online quickly and with links that isnt replicated by the Pandora team.

PS I dont blame Chip or the team for that its unrealistic for Chip to be omnipotent! however the unofficial blog team are more likely to pick up on news as they between them have more eyes than chip.

Thats why its useful and saved me having to hunt.

No need to be negative in either way. I am sure those of us helping with the blog are quite happy to do so otherwise we would not have got involved.

Personally I am not a coder or an artist, but if I can give something to the community by helping with the blog then I am happy.

Those that are happy to read all the forum posts themselves or use other tools are welcome to. I don't think Squidge is being negative - just expressing a point of view.

I'm just glad so many people seem to like the blog - even on New Years day there were 1452 visits. :)

EvilDragon said:
Faktisch weiß ich aber, dass die Pandora in den Produktionsendzügen liegt ;)
Es gab noch eine Verzögerung vom Akkuhersteller (der hat das Design nochmals überarbeitet, deswegen mussten wir das Prototyp-Gehäuse verschieben (gibt ja keinen Sinn, wenn der Akku nicht passt ;)).
Vom finalen Akku wird derzeit ein Prototyp erstellt, der die nächsten Tage fertig wird - und kurz drauf ist das quasi fertige Gehäuse auf den neuen Akku angepasst. Und dann kommt WIRKLICH endlich das Prototyp-Gehäuse - denn dann haben wir alles, was dazu nötig ist.

Eine Auslieferung in den nächsten zwei Monaten ist in jedem Fall sehr wahrscheinlich.
Free Translation said:
Pandora's production just needs the last steps. There was another delay because the battery manufacturer refined the design an so we had to delay the prototype case, too(it doesn't make any sense, when the battery doesn't fit). At the moment a prototype of the final battery is being made and will be finished in the next days - shortly after that the final case will be adapted to the new battery. And then we REALLY will have the final prototype case - because we will have everything what is needed.
A delivery of Pandora in the next two months is very likely.
Reference link:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=75750#p75750

Mali, you're finding and digging up new info that none of us have seen before - do you want to join the unofficial blog?:D

Thanks for the offer, but I'm just a forums trawler and that is enough for me :) You have got a good team of capable community enthusiasts, already :)

I think you would add to the team nicely mali, should you change your mind. But if you'd rather stay on the forums then please just keep those bits of news coming - we are most definitely grateful. :)

One of the reasons I asked Mali to join is that when he posts an update here, all we're doing is copying his post onto the blog. If he joined, he could post directly into the blog as well as here :)

mazza558 said:
Mali, you're finding and digging up new info that none of us have seen before - do you want to join the unofficial blog?:D
We people from the german board can see such infos before, ED often writes one or two small but informative sentences there, but the most of us are just to lazy to translate and post 'em here. :D It's good that we have mali for this important job. ^_^

Someone asked if all re-orders have to be processed before the units are shipped and got this answer:
EvilDragon said:
Wir produzieren in 400er Batches, es muss nicht auf alle neu georderten Bestellungen gewartet werden.
Free Translation said:
We'll produce in batches of 400 units, so it isn't necessary to wait for all re-orders
Reference link:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=75790#p75790

I was wondering if the pandora can sense if its closed or open?

Squidge said:
Hall effect sensor in base can detect magnets in lid, so yes :)

I'm beginning to wonder why so many people are still clicking through to the blog from here rather than bookmarking it or subscribing to RSS...

mazza558 said:
I'm beginning to wonder why so many people are still clicking through to the blog from here rather than bookmarking it or subscribing to RSS...
Not really that many, ~200 of the 1358 hits today. Means there's a possibility of 200 new viewers, which is always good.

I only come here about once a week, if that. So I reckon it's a damn good idea. Not everyone wants to visit several times a day!

This presentation of Pandora in Hong Kong just got posted in that german blog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NReDXq2mMwY

http://today.openpandora.org/?p=157

Google translation: QUOTE
Personally, I my eyes can not even believe what they have seen grade: The Pandora was presented in Hong Kong. Why? When? By whom? I'm sorry. On these questions, I still no reply. Watch the video yourself at once:

Back