Updates in all areas

One of the larger dreads I always have after buying a new handheld system is how long it will take for the buttons and the plastic surrounding the buttons to appear shiny and oiled due to usage wearing through the plastic's finish.
I take pride in this.  When it happens it means two things: that it is something I love enough to use until it gets to that point, and that it is durable enough to develop that look and still function.  I love things that are built to last.
I love things that are built to last... but I still prefer them to look as new as possible.

(For example, one of these days, I really need to buy a replacement Cherry MX keycap set for my keyboard which is made out of PBT rather than ABS.)

I have used quite a few computer keyboards. None of them had metal keys. I also play the (digital) piano, I prefer Roland amongst others for its keys. They are not metal. The outside material is some kind of plastic that tries to imitate ivory. That's the kind of material I have in mind when I say "soft and warm". Ivory. Not toilet seats :)
A bone case sounds wonderful to me as well, perhaps greater than metal. And unlike warm plastic, warm bone brings to mind the Sahara sun rather than body heat. I have similar uncomfortable gross thoughts about keyboards though because of a keyboarding class I took earlier in my life, in which the instructor would spray the keyboards with hand sanitizer after each class as if to clean them, which really just made them sticky, but those feelings of mine aren't important at all here. One of the larger dreads I always have after buying a new handheld system is how long it will take for the buttons and the plastic surrounding the buttons to appear shiny and oiled due to usage wearing through the plastic's finish. It looks like I've mistreated the device and I can never undo that after it's reached that point. I will be pleased if the buttons will be simple enough shapes to easily remake and replace, but not as pleased as if they were metal to begin with. I must watch the new case video again, because I'm wondering how reasonable it would be for me to replace the face of the button half of the case with a metal version, that might please me more than the buttons.
I like bone too especially if its from my slayed foes. ;)

Sent from my Z665C using Tapatalk

Back