VICE C64

Cas

Hi

Tried Donkey Kong on the VICE C64 emulator this morning whilst sitting at work :)

It all loaded OK and you can choose difficulty, one or two players and start game.

Thing is I can find no in game keys to use ?

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, there's probably 20 different DK variants for the c64 - which one? year/publisher etc etc

also - why do you need keys - is it not joystick only? Have you tried swapping ports in the options?

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, there's probably 20 different DK variants for the c64 - which one? year/publisher etc etc

also - why do you need keys - is it not joystick only? Have you tried swapping ports in the options?

Hi

Sorry and thanks for the reply, no I had failed to change port setting, when I did it all worked :)

That was the #2 cause of "joystick not working" problem on the C64. While most games worked in Port 2, some were Port 1 and all you did was switch ports. I didn't have many games that had 2-player simultaneous action. So most of the time we'd just swap.

FWIW, the #1 cause of "joystick not working" was too much Epyx Summer/Winter games and/or Decathlon.

the #1 cause of "joystick not working" was too much Epyx Summer/Winter games and/or Decathlon.

Epyx summer games so many memories......Waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle waggle SNAP..... so many joysticks. My dad ended up rewiring a Master System Joypad to work with the C64, just to stop me and my brother breaking them

Back