Release Video : Pandora Menu Launching Applications

Cpasjuste

Hi !

I would like to share the work i'v done so far on the pandora, i think this (crappy done with iphone) video should show that !

CODE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF0P7onjKLo

Last edited by a moderator:
Great!

One question: Do you think you can make it a little faster...

Not in loading games (I know that it's a problem of hardware capabilities), but in loading the GUI itself (I don't like too much those 2-3 second of black screen after the end of an application).

However thank you very much

Wow!

I laughed when I saw you playing TechnoBallz with the stylus! And I love that task switching effect at 4:40!

simple, nice and functional, what else?

Good work CPasJuste

very nice...It's great to see new video and info about the pandora ;)

'Cpasjuste' said:
Hi !

I would like to share the work i'v done so far on the pandora, i think this (crappy done with iphone) video should show that !

CODE

It's looking quite good, and certainly is more preferable for me than a desktop style gui, but will navigation with the d-pad be possible?

Also when you select an emulator, it appears to go into some kind of launch screen which allows you to select which rom to load and command line options? It's just a little thing, but the there is a button to the right which appears to say 'quit'. Maybe I'm wrong, because the video is a little fuzzy, but I think 'back' would be more appropriate than 'quit', as nothing has actually been launched yet. 'quit' makes me think of quitting the menu in general.

'Pleng' said:
'Cpasjuste' said:
Hi !

CODE

It's looking quite good, and certainly is more preferable for me than a desktop style gui, but will navigation with the d-pad be possible?

Also when you select an emulator, it appears to go into some kind of launch screen which allows you to select which rom to load and command line options? It's just a little thing, but the there is a button to the right which appears to say 'quit'. Maybe I'm wrong, because the video is a little fuzzy, but I think 'back' would be more appropriate than 'quit', as nothing has actually been launched yet. 'quit' makes me think of quitting the menu in general.

If i can get a retail pandora, it will use the d-pad :)

The "emulators menu" you saw is in fact not a part of the launcher/menu, each are a standalone application/emulator which can be run without the menu.

'Cpasjuste' said:
If i can get a retail pandora, it will use the d-pad :)
Awesome

The "emulators menu" you saw is in fact not a part of the launcher/menu, each are a standalone application/emulator which can be run without the menu.

I see. That's slightly confusing!

Back