W00t! Nothing Works!

Zettablade

Still Fresh
Soooo, I just got a gp2x today. Been playing with it while I was doing some maintence on gentoo. Anyways, the main menu (or is a laucher) will not display anything from either the flash, nor the mem stick, and seems to be unable to connect via usb. This troubles me, as I just got this little device, and it would really suck if I'm already having a hardware problem. Sooo, I downgraded from fw3.0.0 to fw2.1.0. Well, nothing much changed. Can't veiw the mem stick nor the flash still, and it won't connect via usb. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Have you been able to fix it? and if you have, how so? As I said before, I really hope it's not a hardware problem. That would be teh sux.

Ok, got it working again!
All I had to do was downgrade to 2.00, then upgrade to 2.01, then finally, upgrade to 2.1.1! Now everything works again! And it's way faster then 3.00. That firmware is a mess...
Conclusion: Don't use fw3.00!

Welcome to the world of GP2x! You should have no problems with the machine seeing as though you managed to sort that out by yourself in under 40 minutes.

All I had to do was downgrade to 2.00, then upgrade to 2.01, then finally, upgrade to 2.1.1!

... this should be stickied somewhere. :p

Zettablade posted on Mar 2 2007 at 03:54 AM said:
All I had to do was downgrade to 2.00, then upgrade to 2.01, then finally, upgrade to 2.1.1! Now everything works again! And it's way faster then 3.00. That firmware is a mess...

Finally!!! We have a newb with common sense that is willing to try things for himself! Thank you for joining the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zettablade posted on Mar 2 2007 at 09:54 AM said:

Smart move, i did that to my system with 3.0.0 firmware. Not only does it boot much faster but the menus are way faster too.

Glad you got your stuff working :)

darkman posted on Mar 2 2007 at 09:33 PM said:
Looks like he might have the ability to read "read me" files too. :D
yes, the force is strong in him

Back