Wait Or Not For First Batch?

popcade

Still Fresh
Hi,

This is my first post here, I'm a programmer in my small local company, I have experience on using GLBasic and some GCC.

I'm very excited about the production of Pandora, and I've prepared $500 for Pandora and it's accesories, there're some questions that I want to know about

1.Is the first batch of Pandora considered as the final(ie, not a prototype)?
2.Will the following batch has some minor changes or quality down?
3.Is the warranty/liabilities the same as when Pandora goes to GBAX stores?

Thanks, really want to get one but wanting to know about the future issues.

hi & welcome!

to answer your questions:

1.Yes
2.No
3.Yes

and you should have a good bit of money left over!

email the sales team quick to be sure you can get in on batch one! (address is on the official site) openpandorasales@gmail.com =]

Hey, welcome to the large gp32x community.
The first batch is perfect, just like the second batch, third batch, and more batches if they will ever come.
Many tweaking has already been done, and the pandora's wont get better then that. Believe me, as i hear the reviews, and see the videos and photos, its gonna be a really nice console.
So no, the second batch will not be changed.
And yes, the pandora got 1 year warrenty, but dont eat your pandora, throw it to people or in water, because that will void your warrenty ;)

borgqueenx said:
Hey, welcome to the large gp32x community.
The first batch is perfect, just like the second batch, third batch, and more batches if they will ever come.
No "first batch" has been manufactured yet, so it's premature to call it perfect. If I remember correctly, the second batch will be identical to the first batch (except for the "First Edition" silkscreen). However, that doesn't mean that some mechanical (or, heaven forbid, electrical) flaw won't make itself known later down the road as Pandora units get more thoroughly tested by thousands in day to day use (and the possibility of OpenPandora fixing such a flaw in future batches has not been ruled out).

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't completely sure if the first run would have silkscreening, but chances are higher now because of full past CNY production, I suppose.

fraseyboy said:
Also, first batch Pandora's will have 'First Batch' silkscreened on the hinge which will earn you epic amounts of street cred. It's totally worth it.

Imagining your avatar saying your post gives quite a fuuny mental picture :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back