We Are Still Doing The Boards+Population In The Usa, But It Looks Like

Ha...me...assemble?

I'm going to act like a consumer of a regular product and leave this issue to the manufacturers.

second exodous said:
Sphinxter said:
Will there be any soldering and how much?
I've never opened a handheld and saw anything soldered besides what was on the board itself, everything not on the board just plugs into the board. With you Sphinxter I never know if you really think what your saying or being a smart a$$ ;)
It's not your day, second exodous. At least the speakers cables are soldered by hand ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
second exodous said:
Sphinxter said:
Will there be any soldering and how much?
I've never opened a handheld and saw anything soldered besides what was on the board itself, everything not on the board just plugs into the board. With you Sphinxter I never know if you really think what your saying or being a smart a$$ ;)
It's not your day, second exodous. At least the speakers cables are soldered by hand ;)
Really? That's odd. Well, I guess having just anyone assemble them is out of the question. Rolling and threading a ribbon cable isn't that hard but when you tell someone they have to go buy a obscure tool and preform a task that requires skill then it's time to just tell people no.

^This wouldn't work anyway because of warranty.

@post below
Oh, now I understand what you meant :)

^I know that, I never thought anyone should assemble their own, but telling people there is soldering will deter more people than a ribbon cable.

May I just be the first to ask... why?

What happened to all the people who were to be assembling the units?

fischju2000 said:
What happened to all the workplaces/mass production things that were supposed to be set up at the Texas factory for assembly...

Well either:

a) The OP team never bothered to arrange assembly in advance assuming that 'nothing can go wrong now'
or
b ) ???

I didn't even know you could see my replies to other people on twitter.

When I say 'we' I don't mean like Ed sitting by himself in his living room building hundreds of units.

I mean our own assembly line in the UK with several (probably 8) people, and yes, the whole team will be there at least for the start of it.

This gives us far more control over the quality and other aspects of the final Pandora.

Damn.. That could take WEEKS to just assemble units. Considering that one person could only do about 100 consoles a day. Shit, more like MONTHS. : :unsure:

EDIT @Craig's comment above: So, that could take roughly a couple weeks to assemble all the consoles then?

MrBlais said:
Damn.. That could take WEEKS to just assemble units. Considering that one person could only do about 100 consoles a day. Shit, more like MONTHS. : :unsure:
That would be about 800 a day, so it would only take 5 days...?

And thanks for the details Craig, that actually sounds a bit better. :)

Tensuke said:
MrBlais said:

LoL - Read it again: 100 a day meaning 700 a week equaling out to roughly two months just for assembly. Look, I wasn't going for accuracy, just a guess. :)

EDIT: OH, I see where you were going with that. Craig and I posted at the same time. I didn't know when I originally posted that he was to have a private assembly line.. Sorry.

MrBlais said:

EDIT @Craig's comment above: So, that could take roughly a couple weeks to assemble all the consoles then?
So it will take longer in the UK with 8 people rarther than 4 people in the US?

So everything will ship from the UK after assembled?

Will it go in batches to ED (for example) and split out from there and reshipped, or will it be shipped direct to customers worldwide from UK?

Assembly lines should be firing up some cases shortly if they are to start on Monday :D

Peace

Link

Tokiopop said:
So it will take longer in the UK with 8 people rarther than 4 people in the US?
Actually, I dont know where these "4 people" came from. Craig said 4 people, but MWeston talked about 2 main stations and 6 sub-stations, iirc.

Tensuke said:
MrBlais said:

And thanks for the details Craig, that actually sounds a bit better. :)

Does that include testing?

Thanks Craig, good to see you get in and explain something in detail before all kinds of BS starts flying! I really don't see this as a huge problem. I actually think it is best overall! This way the main team can be present, and we no longer have to worry about who, what, where, and when happening in texas!

All the final cases should just go straight to the UK, and the boards can start shipping now, and everything can meet all nice and friendly at Craigs UK spot. No more worries of shipping what to where!

I really don't see how this can delay things any further. The cases, and all the other parts just need to go to the UK, and if they start right now, the final cases will still be the only wait! A better idea in mu opinion!

Chris

jumpman said:
Thanks Craig, good to see you get in and explain something in detail before all kinds of BS starts flying!

We need something like the Bat-Signal.

Back