Web browser giving problems

I was merely providing you with the install command and it sounds as though they did install to wherever the OS deemed was appropriate, however I haven't tried this myself and I dont know what ipk files you were installing, so I dont know if the lack of desired result is correct or not.

In another thread Milkshake has suggested to you, that the ipk files you used are probably the very same TI released Flash plugin that is already inside Firefox PND, so the lack of difference is probably correct.

To my knowledge the only NEW Flash plugin is this one http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5440-lightspark/ that B-Zar pointed out and which mcobit and Dark_Link and no doubt others are keen to eventually get working for the Pandora, if they can figure out other dependencies that will need updating/re-writing in our current build of Angstrom first, to make it work.

If they figure it out, then we may have a new flash plugin that might offer better flash playback. Until then, its how it is for now afaik, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the new lash plugin but when install it gives error,i used following command sudo opkg install then installation file next to install,why is it doing that,can you tell me how to do it.

lol do you even read what we put? or do you live in a fantasy day dream where everything we say is misinterpreted into something else?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey calm down,sometimes i can't bother reading text,it's boring.

I like just receiving useful links,which work,ok the flash plgin doesn't work at the moment,i hope they get it to work,the plugin seems a good one,once we get it to work,it would be excellent.

hey calm down,sometimes i can't bother reading text,it's boring.
That's seriously insulting to the many people who keep taking time out of their lives to respond to your excessive amount of requests for help. That's free time that everyone chooses to volunteer in order to help people like you, and not something that they have to do.

MarioPandio's post was incredibly informative, and an interesting read even to someone such as myself who it wasn't even written for.

The fact is, you have bought a machine that is not as simple to operate as clicking a link or two at this time. You had to have known this going in, it's not like you just buy a Pandora by mistake and think that it's something it's not. I'm sorry to say that if you want to be able to do some things at this early time in the machine's life when not everything is super-ultra-hyper-polished yet, then you're just going to have to learn to read.

That's seriously insulting to the many people who keep taking time out of their lives to respond to your excessive amount of requests for help. That's free time that everyone chooses to volunteer in order to help people like you, and not something that they have to do.

MarioPandio's post was incredibly informative, and an interesting read even to someone such as myself who it wasn't even written for.

The fact is, you have bought a machine that is not as simple to operate as clicking a link or two at this time. You had to have known this going in, it's not like you just buy a Pandora by mistake and think that it's something it's not. I'm sorry to say that if you want to be able to do some things at this early time in the machine's life when not everything is super-ultra-hyper-polished yet, then you're just going to have to learn to read.

^+infinity

Seriously, sukhie, if you don't have the patience for brand spanking new technology, then go be like everyone else and buy that ridiculously toy iPad. I sometimes get frustrated when things don't run as smoothly as I would like on this machine, but simply the idea that this wonder even exists is enough for me to wait for ED and the crew to work out the bugs. In the meantime, I'm getting as much as I can out of it and enjoying every minute of being able to travel and hitchhike, whipping it out whenever I want to write or listen to music/watch movies or play video games.

We may NEVER have 100% working flash on Pandora, it isn't open source and we're lucky to have it working at all. DO SOME F'ING RESEARCH and educate yourself before bitching about everything you don't have on this lovely machine.

Pandora console technology confusing,don't make me laugh,it's only a console with laptop features and which is capable of doing everything.

I was joking about reading text is boring,sorry for that.

Well i'm sending my pandora for repair,one sd card slot isn't good enough for me,i need both of them working.

I'm going to send it on Thursday 29th September and hope to get it back soon. :(

We may NEVER have 100% working flash on Pandora, it isn't open source and we're lucky to have it working at all.
Flash don't has to be open source imho, Adobe just has to release a good ARM FLash version that also works on the Pandora. But I guess they still have trouble to make a propper ARM Flash version at all, even if they annonced this already in 2009. ^^

I really wonder what is so complex and complicated on Flash that even Adobe has still trouble with this tiny little plugin.

I really wonder what is so complex and complicated on Flash that even Adobe has still trouble with this tiny little plugin.
Well, I look at it this way: I don't think Adobe (or Macromedia before them) has ever had to optimise it. They've always been able to throw more and more x86 brute-force at it. Now the world is changing, and Adobe seems to be having trouble keeping up - not only does Apple not support their product on their telephones and media players, for example, but console manufacturers who include web-browsers are beginning to follow suit, too.

Of course, I could be completely wrong there (and most probably am!), but I can't think of any time that Flash has been desired on something less beefy than a desktop. :p

I'm going to send it on Thursday 29th September and hope to get it back soon. :(

You best PRAY aswell, as ED cant fix SD slots (his own words) and will need a new PCB from CC to give you and if they fail to deliver, you'll have to wait until the German Co spits out the first 1000 new Pandoras. That could be January and four months without your Pandora and us without your support questions and I don't know if I can cope through the Winter without some entertainment.

Ed sent me an email it should take 4 days only to fix,ed knows i forced the sd card out,it's an mechanism problem so should be possible to fix.

Don't think it should take to long to fix a sd card slot,anyways it wasn't working so what am going to do with damage slot.

Well, I look at it this way: I don't think Adobe (or Macromedia before them) has ever had to optimise it. They've always been able to throw more and more x86 brute-force at it. Now the world is changing, and Adobe seems to be having trouble keeping up - not only does Apple not support their product on their telephones and media players, for example, but console manufacturers who include web-browsers are beginning to follow suit, too.

Of course, I could be completely wrong there (and most probably am!), but I can't think of any time that Flash has been desired on something less beefy than a desktop. :p
Apple's choice to not use Flash has more to do with selling gaming apps that used to be playable for free on sites like Kongregate than anything else. I really am surprised Adobe is taking so long on an ARM ready version of flash as most smartphones these days are ARM chips. As for HTML5 which was supposed to replace flash according to Jobs last year...I still see most web app devs using Flash at this point. Perhaps el Stevo is wrong for once.

I doubt i'm going to get it soon,ed hardly responds.

Only response i got from ed was it's a busy time,when i have time,i will check it soon.

I doubt i'm going to get it soon,ed hardly responds.

Only response i got from ed was it's a busy time,when i have time,i will check it soon.
The reason for that is the ED works like a machine and if he was to reply to all of his email every day that will take a mass of time out of his crazy schedule, i am glad that he focuses his attentions on other areas and with  a little patience you will get what you have waited for.

Back