Welcome to the decisive year

I personally found the "brickiness" of the Pandora to be quite comfortable. Corners were rounded just enough to not stab my palms while still being shallow enough that I could get a firm grip in a fixed position. It had the right size and weight too. I don't understand the desire for thin, I got a new phone and I'm always uncomfortable holding it because of how thin it is, there's nowhere to get a good grip on it without accidentally touching the screen.
Corners were rounded but not well enough imho, my palms hurt after a while when holding the Pandora. One reason I designed my own idea of the Case actualy. :D
Then you're 'doing it wrong'.  Get a wrist strap - easily gained from a $3 flashlight in the checkout lane (buy the flashlight, use the strap).  Put the strap on the Pandora and use it.  Now you no longer have to hold it in a death grip.  Loosen your grip up - mine barely touches my palms and is far more comfortable.

IMHO the Pyra should ship with a wrist strap.  The strap attachment point is one of the most overlooked features on the Pandora.
Shipping with a wrist strap would be nice.  I haven't had much experience with wrist straps; does it matter how cheep the strap is? 

-Glyph Reader

I dotnt be for shipping whit a Wristwrap; on Pandora i use the DS Wrist Wrap whit the Tump Stylus from the Werry OLD DS because its too short to be used as a Wrist Wrap on New 3DS XL

Ok if the Pyra Wrist Wrap have the Pyra Logo on it, mybe i will also put it on Pyra..

Then you're 'doing it wrong'.  Get a wrist strap - easily gained from a $3 flashlight in the checkout lane (buy the flashlight, use the strap).  Put the strap on the Pandora and use it.  Now you no longer have to hold it in a death grip.  Loosen your grip up - mine barely touches my palms and is far more comfortable.

IMHO the Pyra should ship with a wrist strap.  The strap attachment point is one of the most overlooked features on the Pandora.
Of course I have propper wrist straps but I see no real usage and advantage when holding the Pandora, except it's harder to steal it from your hands in public. :D Well, I hold the Pandora like I feel it's best to play and I usualy keep my fingers onto the triggers, without that it would be a little bit more comfortable but then the "balance" is wrong somehow.Every user has other preferences and people have various hand sizes, of course it's not easy to find a good overall ergonomy.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an offhand comment that he thinks the prototype will be complete sometime next month.

on Pandora i use the DS Wrist Wrap whit the Tump Stylus from the Werry OLD DS

I wanted to do this but mine "vanished" (and is now on someone's 3DS).  I checked Nintendo's site since I remembered they were selling them at one point, however it seems they stopped. 

Well, thy didnt Sell thy, because it wasnt a realy Succes,

On my New 3DS XL i have now the Wrist Wrap which came whit the Circle Pad Pro,

And i also have a Wrist Wrap on my Swiss Army Knife :)

I don't know why they stopped selling the straps with the thumb nub stylus thing.  I was planning on purchasing a handful so that I always have some around.  I may buy some of the ones for the Circle Pad Pro.  Is the quality and durability good, so that the adjuster part doesn't slide around and nothing breaks with normal use?

I think the Circle Pad Pro ones, are the Same as they for the Wii Mote, they have Nintendo writed on it and you can adjust the Sice

They not bad at all, but im no Expert for Wrist Wraps

The Slider works realy good on they

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an offhand comment that he thinks the prototype will be complete sometime next month.
Prototype as in all boards, keys, buttons and displays in a case with linux running? Yay, then it will be worth the month of silence!

If you are mistaken I will call on the gods to deliver random junk to you messagebox.

Best

-Lykurgos

g1325733801329294146.jpg

If you are mistaken I will call on the gods to deliver random junk to you messagebox.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :p
Naah, didn't find the time to post all the news yet... but will during the next few days.

Sadly, I'm not visiting FOSDEM this year. Pyra prototype should be ready in February, but that's too late for FOSDEM.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! :p
Naah, didn't find the time to post all the news yet... but will during the next few days.

Sadly, I'm not visiting FOSDEM this year. Pyra prototype should be ready in February, but that's too late for FOSDEM.
Yeah, this is what I was refering to.  Can't wait for more news! 

-Glyph Reader

Back