What about a new scummvm version?

Sonic-NKT

hmm, i was often said that their will be a new scummvm version, without the sound bug and other improvements, a port of the 0.5 version... so if anyone is still working on that, can he just make a small progress report.. cause i cant wait to have this :D

Ph0x and DJwillis are working on a new 0.5.0 port (both a own version).
DJwillis's version is looking very good while i haven't heard something from Ph0x from a while.

ph0x isn't working on gpscummvm. he's into mobile phone development lately. also, DJWillis is rather busy with other stuff, i haven't even seen him on IRC since weeks. but don't worry, i'm sure there'll be a release sometime.

I have not given up on this :D, just doing things REALLY slowly.

My GP32 is currently dead (screen problems) and developing sound code using an emu that has no sound support is a huge problem ;). Until I get it fixed I am in limbo.

I have not looked at the code at all in a few weeks but I’ll try and take a look at it this weekend and see what state it is in, maybe I can put a public beta release together from that backend code if I hack out a load of the newer stuff. The current code I have is hopelessly buggy and the sound code is halfway through a total overhaul.

No promises at all though as without a GP32 testing is difficult and as jegHegy kindly said, I am up to my neck in other projects and a few things have worked out very differently lately that have taken a big hit on my time.

DJWillis posted on Dec 3 2003 at 11:30 PM said:
My GP32 is currently dead (screen problems) ...
What problems are you having? I am interested as I also have problems with my screen. Every now and then it just freezes up and I have to push hard against the grey bit surrounding the screen for things to start moving again.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhizzBang posted on Dec 4 2003 at 12:43 AM said:
What problems are you having? I am interested as I also have problems with my screen. Every now and then it just freezes up and I have to push hard against the grey bit surrounding the screen for things to start moving again.
I turn it on and the screen contracts to a horizontal black line about 1mm thick :(. Not quite the same problem as you :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back