What are you listening with?

I get through headphones like nobody's business and after years of trying and destroying the latest and greatest I only buy these now: Sony MDR-ED21LP.

They're the perfect balance between price (wow dirt cheap on Amazon, I might stock up :p ) and performance, plus they stay in your ears a lot better than most. I had my first pair of these 15-20 years ago and I've got no idea why I ever bothered trying anything else.

I've also got a pair of Sennheiser HD25-SP that I've had for years. Still sounding good.

Some people would argue that burning headphones in doesn't just burn in the drivers, it's burning in your ears and getting them used to the sound as well, which is why burning them in at the factory wouldn't be as effective. There's also money to think about.
I'm sorry, but I would disagree about "burning in your ears". If you have a burning in your ears, you might want to get that checked. Anti-biotics may do the trick. I have tinnitus and hearing loss in my left ear, ears don't break in. They BREAK.

"As any mechanical device, the headphones will improve in performance with use. We firmly recommend not allowing headphones to play continuously for extended periods of time. We strongly suggest letting the headphones break in naturally with normal use. Listen and enjoy the journey." Taken from Grado Labs Limited Warranty Sheet.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

hi does any one tried these ,or similar,bluetooth headphones,yet?iluv i913

i dont have a pandora or these headphones,and does anyone know if i can make calls via voip using the pandora?maybe a homebreww app like furikup for psp?thanks

Some people would argue that burning headphones in doesn't just burn in the drivers, it's burning in your ears and getting them used to the sound as well, which is why burning them in at the factory wouldn't be as effective. There's also money to think about.
I'm sorry, but I would disagree about "burning in your ears". If you have a burning in your ears, you might want to get that checked. Anti-biotics may do the trick. I have tinnitus and hearing loss in my left ear, ears don't break in. They BREAK.

"As any mechanical device, the headphones will improve in performance with use. We firmly recommend not allowing headphones to play continuously for extended periods of time. We strongly suggest letting the headphones break in naturally with normal use. Listen and enjoy the journey." Taken from Grado Labs Limited Warranty Sheet.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

it's a controversial topic: http://headphonebreakin.blogspot.com/

When temperature is over 15°C, I use Sennheiser PMX100.

31Yzpn_5QbL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Otherwise, Sennheiser HD202.

23_HD_202_Casque_Pro_.jpg

I'm no audiophile, but I do want decent sounding headphones…

But without spending lots of cash. So I got them when they were discounted.

Oh, and I HATE EARBUDS they always fall out of my ears and I don't feel comfortable with in-ear ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm a bit of a fan of the Grado's sound, but DAMN those are some uncomfortable headphones. the solid pads are a little better but the donut ones hurt my ears after about 30 mins, and i can't listen to em for more than an hour without giving my ears a rest.

I have Ultrasone 750s that I use on occasion, but most of the time I either listen to speakers or to the portapros I have at work. Also I'd say I like the px-100/200 series more than the koss - the PP's are kind of muddy and bass-heavy for me sometimes.

Back