What are you NOT going to play on your Pandora?

Blue Protoman

We've already got a thread on what you will use with it; tell us a bit about what you WON'T use with it.

Me? Maybe ScummVM. Not too big into point-n-clicks; I'm more about action games.

The Only thing im not going to play on my Pandora is "The Legend of Zelda Okarina of Time" because i want to play it on the Nintendo 3DS first,

another thing is Sega Dreamcast, because i dont owne a Dreamcast and dont have some games..

Me? Maybe ScummVM. Not too big into point-n-clicks; I'm more about action games.
You're missing something, big time. I'd say someone who has not played Monkey Island, Loom, and Day of the Tentacle, is not complete.

I probably won't be doing much 3D stuff, personally. I got tired of Doom, Quake, Hexen, Descent and the like back at Wolfenstein 3D. I'm not big on button masher fighting games (I think I liked one, once, something about TMNT on SNES). I don't like games where you just "gotta know" how to get through a level (jump here, hit that invisible cloud, jump on it, then hit the magic block -- WHAT??)...

I like games where everything needed so solve anything is there and discoverable. And for any games with numerous levels, I like a save or snapshot feature that saves to disk, so I can pick it up again next time I have 15 minutes to kill. Seems gpfce doesn't keep snapshots across sessions... Is the GP2 version any better?

My hopes of being able to play my classic PSX games on-the-go seem to be hindered by compatibility issues for now... I've lost interest in the games I had on my C64...

So it looks like it's going to be lots of homebrew for me. I might have time to revisit a few of my favorite GBA cartridges.

i probably wont play anything that is not a fighting game, a shmup, a jump'n'run or a game from the 16 bits console/arcade era... :)

i'm not too much in fps games too, or pc gaming in general..

yep, outside of nes/snes/megadrive/pc engine and of course neo geo/cps2/cps3(if that is possible... dunno), i think i won't play anything :)

Kisses

Mac

For me, FPSes. They generally tend to make me feel a bit unwell. :p Also, RPGs - they're not my sort of thing, with the sole exception of Wild ARMs.

Also, in a non-gaming capacity, VoIP stuff, since it's not something I have a need for on any hardware.

I don't like games where you just "gotta know" how to get through a level (jump here, hit that invisible cloud, jump on it, then hit the magic block -- WHAT??)...
Like this? :p

Seems gpfce doesn't keep snapshots across sessions... Is the GP2 version any better?
The GP2X version via GINGE is perfect. It's the only way I play NES games on my Pandora.

Blue Protoman, like a week or so ago you had under 50 posts now you have over 400, is this the only thing you do all day?

Anyway, I probably just won't play games I don't like, nothing specific, I think this is a funny question.

@matzesu, I kinda agree with you on Ocarina of Time but generally I like the original games, the versions I played as a kid. Then again Link to the Past only added a voice for Link so maybe Ocarina of Time will be the same.

I prolly won't be using it for music, podcast, or stored video playback. I'll use it for YouTube streaming, but I'll stick to my BlackBerry for my MP3 player and podcasts, or my desktop.

@Second.exodus:

I ditnt own an Nintendo sixtyfour, so i wasnt able to play Okarina of Time on the Original Hardware..

I have some N64 Roms.., dont ask me where i got they from.. (thats top secret)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've stuck mainly to 8/16 bit games. Haven't really played any of the old N64 FPS games I used to absolutely love. As for something I definitely won't be playing it'll be RTS games. I don't like them, they're like Farmville with an attack button...

I'm not going to play commercial games I did not buy.
You missed out. About ten days prior to Christmas a lot of good games were available on GoG for only $2. Or was it $3? Either way, cheap, well worth the price.

At the very least you can get Flight of the Amazon Queen, Lure of the Temptress, Teenagent, and beneath a Steel Sky: four commercial and high quality games now freeware and all play in ScummVM.

edit: And in a second read through, that has nothing to do with what you said, so ignore me :p

What am I NOT going to do on my Pandora? Make an idiot of myself :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never play E.T. on my pandora, it deserves better..

And games like tekken, that just piss me off and end up with button smashing and pandora flying.

Btw, has anyone played Risk II? FUCK THAT GAME PISSES ME OFF! fucking dices...

I only buy games from gog.com when they're running a sale. I bought a few during the Christmas sale but none that I'll play on my Pandora. They have sales all the time though, I just watch out for e-mails from them.

Definitely not going to play Monkey Island.

It's too overhyped, seems like something all the mainstream hippies would like.

Also not going to play Minecraft.

None of the Valve games, of course.

Back