• 66-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-75

• 76- >

• Total voters

Michie4life said:
I'm going to add a male / female poll :)
Female: There's 3 active, 2 that post on rare occasions, and 2 that have posted only because they're married to someone who is active on this forum.
Male: everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Michie4life said:
Female: There's 3 active, 2 that post on rare occasions, and 2 that have posted only because they're married to someone who is active on this forum.

Why do you know this? ;)

How many men are posting on rare occasions? ;) *busted!*

jeff

WizardStan said:
Michie4life said:

But from the topic I'd say we're considering the population of pre-orderers, don't you think you might have missed a woman (or maybe even more than one) among the people who have recently pre-ordered?

Voted. I'd like to know if the 70s gent is looking to play some old skool gaming with their Pandora, or if they just generally a tech head or hax0r or just like to buy new stuff...

skeezix said:
Why do you know this? ;)
That's actually a really good question. Probably because there's so few of them it's really easy to count. Like you can look at a small pile of bricks and not only know immediately there are 7 bricks in that stack, but 4 are red, 2 are grey, and 1 is blue, without actually counting them. If a couple more were to join, I'd actually have to think about who was who before counting.
I remember the two that joined because their other half was a member because they seemed to make a big show of it, though I can't remember their names off the top of my head.

skeezix said:
How many men are posting on rare occasions? ;) *busted!*
I can think of 3 these days, not counting Red Baron. :p

Natasha said:
But from the topic I'd say we're considering the population of pre-orderers, don't you think you might have missed a woman (or maybe even more than one) among the people who have recently pre-ordered?
Are recent pre-orders also recent joiners to the forum? :)
Welcome!
But yeah, I'm totally guilty of only counting those that are at least somewhat active on this forum. Sorry.

Divpax said:
atomicthumbs said:
Divpax said:
I Feel kinda bad being the only 15 year old.   :unsure:

Hey, I was 13 when I started out with the GP2X. There've been younger people than you.  

Come to think of it, I was 15 when I started out with the Pandora.

Oh... well I don't feel that bad now actually. Thanks! :D

well hey i'm 16 myself (but not for long ^_^ ) and i've been watching the progress of the Pandora since 14

Guys / Gals, I'm in a pickle here do I vote my mental age, or my actual age? :unsure:

EDIT: Thanks WizardStan, just voted. Spooky you should say 40.

Asteroid said:
Guys / Gals, I'm in a pickle here do I vote my mental age, or my actual age? :unsure:
They're the same thing. Anyone who says it is weird for a 40 year old to play with toys or watch cartoons or want to eat candy is themselves the weirdo.

WizardStan said:
Natasha said:
Are recent pre-orders also recent joiners to the forum? :)
Welcome!
But yeah, I'm totally guilty of only counting those that are at least somewhat active on this forum. Sorry.

It seems at least one of them is :)

But you are quite right in not counting me yet as a member of the community, for now I only follow the unofficial OP stalker, read some of the thread found that way, and occasionnally look at the first page of general talk (hence my posting here).

Someday, maybe, when I have my unit...

I'm 33

I'll be 34 when I get my Pandora... Hopefully no older

2 girls 1 thread ...

Things are getting unisex round these parts ;)

Also,sure there was one person in the 70 age range, but now the poll shows none??
And 2 people under 10... That suprises me. Obviously not paying for it themselves, unless they Macully Culcin or someone, and they not really going to remember retro games unless they remembering blips from inside the womb.
I can only imagine they must be very young coders, getting their dev skills on early in life

I would change the 76-> to "Older than dirt"
OR...
"I use to program with punch cards"

Oh, no I din't!

Edit: "I watched 2 girls 1 thread and felt hungry afterwards."

WizardStan said:
They're the same thing. Anyone who says it is weird for a 40 year old to play with toys or watch cartoons or want to eat candy is themselves the weirdo.

Thank you for that. I turn 38 in November. I can't wait for my Pandora. I'm tickled my Parents decided they couldn't play the Dreamcast I gave them and they gave it back since I stupidly gave mine away a long time ago. I had a PSP up until a couple of months before I ordered the Pandora. I love to watch Cartoons and anyone who doesn't like some kind of candy is a crotchety old fart. My body probably rates in the 70's and is falling apart. I still love the same things I loved when I was a kid. I will never allow myself to "outgrow" anything. I can never be too old to have fun and enjoy things, or why bother being alive. Life sucks hard enough, if I gave up what I love because I am "Too Old for that" then I am the only one who's losing. I'll probably be on a forum somewhere waiting for whatever is the Pandora of the time when I am 80. If I live that long. (Don't worry youngins....I won't)

WizardStan said:
http://xkcd.com/150/ :)

Exophase said:
Ah, you're in the age group too then?
Yeah. I think it should've been a 25-29 age group though, being lumped in with people who are 30 makes me feel old. :( Well, older than I already feel anyway.

Poem58 said:
I will never allow myself to "outgrow" anything. I can never be too old to have fun and enjoy things, or why bother being alive. Life sucks hard enough, if I gave up what I love because I am "Too Old for that" then I am the only one who's losing.
This. This this this this this this this. :)

Refreshing to see this sort of attitude, especially since during my *school days* (specifically, when I was 12 and a half) I remember getting scorn of the "too old for that" variety poured on me by a particular teacher just because I liked video games and drew stuff in my notebook *outside of school hours*.

That's another reason I give people like Exophase so much credit. They being 10 years younger have so much skill with things like coding, something of which I had the most ability of all who I ever knew in my younger days, sadly I didn't have a computer for nearly 15 years and had forgotten far more than I learned. So when I see them doing what I expected to be doing by now, I guess it's kind of like hero worship. I guess it's better than hating them cause I failed to achieve what they have. I seriously don't think anyone like Exo or Ari or Skeezix or Vimacs or Pickel or Zx-81 (list could go one and on so sorry if you're not on it) are just gonna wake up one morning and say "I'm too old to write programs, I need to disconnect my internet and learn good phrases to yell at the kids who get on my lawn."

My grandad loved electronics as a hobby in the 60's and 70's and kept his love for gadgets up until his death when he was close to 90 years old. He was always smiling and always loving his cool new gadgets. How could that ever be wrong? (I take after him so much my Mother say's it's eerie how we are alike. My response is, "And that is bad how?"

Back