What OS do you use?

My case is similar, although I may be unusual here in that I actually know nobody (locally, at least - the internet is a different matter) who uses Windows.

It's all a Linux/Mac OS X mix. Being able to use the same fundamentals with both makes my life considerably easier on the (now very rare) occasions when I'm asked to provide computer help. :p
Where is this Utopia?

i may have been in over my head choosing ubuntu x64, and as im really trying to kill my dependency on windows completely, whats a nice nzb newsgroup reader with a nice GUI, im used to newsleecher on win, already tried pan/klibido/lottanzb all are lacking in features/gui compared to newsleecher, and i cant for the life of me get newsleecher to run off wine on 64bit, winehq says it supports newsleecher, but i cant find anything trying to run if off ubuntu x64, any ideas?

[…] already tried pan/klibido/lottanzb […]
Then you could always try this one http://alternativeto.net/software/sabnzbd/.

Who knows maybe you'll find what you need here
smile.gif

I have nothing against any operating system. I'm just more familiar with Windows XP.
I apologize. I have encountered many closed minded people who are convinced Windows is without considerable competition who have a personality eerily similar to yours.

My current OS usage:

-Gentoo/Windows XP on my desktop.

-Windows 7 on my netbook.

I'm trying to add joystick support to my system, which I guess requires a kernel reconfiguration. So after installing the latest kernel, it seems like a lot of things broke. I was under the impression my preferences would be saved between kernels. So now I'm recompiling the kernel. But it's a learning experience.

Windows 7 for the desktop and 2 laptops. (best OS i've ever used; flame if you have too...)

Xubuntu remix for my netbook.

Ios 4.2 for my ipod touch and ipad. Because I have too. I hate apple software and there shackles...

Android 2.2 for my HTC Incredible.

Back