What To Put In Online Manual?

mali said:
I don't know the accurate difference between a button and a switch in English, but I _think_ I know what you mean. The Pandora mechanism is a sideways sliding button. It slides back when you release it, so technically it is a button that has to be slid sideways instead of pushed in, but it's not a switch.

I'm pretty sure that's not true. It's a simple sliding switch that stops in three positions: Off, On, and Locked. Look at the silk screen:

phoca_thumb_l_silkbottt171109.png

The switch is set to the middle position, which is On. The right position is Off, and the left position is Locked, I think.

To make this on-topic, I think the part about the power button toggling the power-saving mode in the "Power Modes" section of the wiki is misinformation. Or I could be wrong. I don't want to change the wiki information until I'm absolutely sure, so could somebody with a Pandora shed some light on this, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aethix said:
The switch is set to the middle position, which is On. The right position is Off, and the left position is Locked, I think.
When you move the switch right, it's as if you pressed the power button on your PC. When you relese the switch it will go back to middle. When you move the switch left, it will stay left (and trigger a lock button signal).

Near-kun said:
Off the button/switch discussion...
... Are we having multi-language manual?
If that's the case, I'd like to provide portuguese translation (surely someone more skilled could write a spanish version, since that's not my birth language...)
already offered myself for that (spanish translation)

DroneB Dev said:
Near-kun said:
Off the button/switch discussion...
... Are we having multi-language manual?
If that's the case, I'd like to provide portuguese translation (surely someone more skilled could write a spanish version, since that's not my birth language...)
already offered myself for that (spanish translation)
I guessed someone already offered for that =P
Say DroneB, any idea who should I talk to? Or our translation plans are just... "underground" stuff? =P

since the manual is community driven rather than official then I guess your translations are just as legitimate as the manual, you should be able to just link to a sub-page in your language from the wikki, but before putting in all that work I would make sure everything has settled down before starting, or you might need to keep revising your translations over and over and over and over and .............

hobbyman II said:
All buttons are switches

ah! you are obviously too young to remember mechanical push button tuners, they where either a condenser with mechanical settings or a resistor that slid from position to position, no switch :p
To be fair, strictly speaking, a 'switch' changes the state of something, it 'switches' it. So he was right technically... which is the best kind of right.

BackAssward said:
hobbyman II said:
All buttons are switches

ah! you are obviously too young to remember mechanical push button tuners, they where either a condenser with mechanical settings or a resistor that slid from position to position, no switch :p
To be fair, strictly speaking, a 'switch' changes the state of something, it 'switches' it. So he was right technically... which is the best kind of right.

and you can think of it like a light switch; when down it sends power, when up it does not send power to the "light"(IO handler).

Back