What would you like to see?

Last edited by a moderator:
What magic is this? Dwarf Fortress requires OpenGL which I thought was still being implemented. I'm wrong about something, I hope it's the latter.

edit: don't be fooled by the fact that it looks like ascii, those are just convenient tiles. They can be replaced with graphical tilesets instead, but single colour letters and figures are easier to identify.

I believe OpenGL is being offered through Mesa at the moment.. it's slow on anything really 3D.

Ah, right then, explained. yeah, it uses OpenGL for rendering but Dwarf Fortress is really CPU bound.

I think so...

I don't know how to play this crazy game..

i
Very cool!

However looking at the slowest system on the requirements page, I have my doubts whether the Omap5 running exagear can match it... And even if it can, a 2x2 map with 7 dwarves isn't really "playing the game!...

Code:
Celeron M 353 @ 630 mhz, Windows XP(custom optimized), DF v0.27.176.38c:

smallest map possible with the smallest site (2x2, assuming no modding),
    7 dwarves,
    12 revealed creatures,
    flatland only 1z above ground, 15z underground, volcano, some lakes, no underground water, speed boosting edits in init.txt,
    10FPS on fullscreen mode and 20 on window mode,

And even if it can, a 2x2 map with 7 dwarves isn't really "playing the game!...
I wouldn't know, I don't know how to play the game.. everything thing was set to medium when I launched it in that video though. 

Too bad the option to display FPS wasn't enabled.  It would have been useful to see how well it was running. 

-Glyph Reader

Hey TrashyMG,

I know you have a lot of request but, there's any a chance to see Carmageddon running? Maybe with DosBox or maybe with Exagear running Android version?

Hey TrashyMG,

I know you have a lot of request but, there's any a chance to see Carmageddon running? Maybe with DosBox or maybe with Exagear running Android version?
It's a bit late at night for me to make a video, but I have tried it on DOSBOX with Wally's compile of it. Speed seems alright, but has some odd vertical lines.. It may be related to FPU percision.. Also I've tried a handful of other DOS games I can share as well.

Exagear Desktop won't help here, it just provides x86 emulation and a rootfs of x86 ubuntu. from there I could run wine or dosbox, but I'd expect less perfomance than just running the ARM version of DOSBOX.. However there is a native Android version of Carmageddon that may work well if I ever get the chance of trying Android on the devboard.

Thank for the info :D . Do you think the vertical lines can be fixed when graphic driver run?

Thank for the info :D . Do you think the vertical lines can be fixed when graphic driver run?
maybe, most likely if dosbox is recompiled with different flags. Currently I've only noticed them with Carmageddon, Also can only use DOSBOX in a window as hardware scaling is also missing on my devboard install and it's too slow to do it software wise.

Thanks for all :D .

EDIT: MDK is possible to run on DosBox? :p

Has anyone tried the X86 Linux Steam client under Exagear on the Pyra dev board?

Sorry to get this thread back on tracks, but I didn't want to start a topic for this.

Has anyone tried running The Sims with WINE ? Makin' Magic would be neat, as it is the most demanding EP. The Complete Collection would be perfect.

Back