What would you like to see?

Yeah, but downscaling it isn't fantasy.

I explain :

The Sims game has its resolutions hardcoded in the executable.

Unless we hack it (we can do so, it has been proved to work), it comes in either 800x600 or 1024x768.

That's why I think about 768p.

And we could still cut the upper and lower stripes to have 1024x720. That would be nice.

^Hardware scaling makes all that irrelevant.

Assuming all that can be worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trashy, could you try MDK?
I can, but still having sound stuttering issues with exagear desktop on the current "Pyra OS", so it may not be as satisfactory as if that was working properly.

Just to note that is running the native Linux version of Steam not windows.

If I remember right, inside the steam client menus is a little report that gives you a description of how Steam sees your hardware (and can feed back to Valve if you let it).  Might be entertaining to see what it says.

More of me stammering on while recording a video, so this is a follow up video to show off the Linux version of Steam on the OMAP5 Devboard, not too impressive without 3D acceleration and Streaming sort of works despite being slow. I believe the no sound on streaming is on my Linux desktop end not the devboard. Half-Life was a little disappointing as I expected that it should work better than it did, but the version on Steam lacks software mode and is a little more demanding that the original version. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/T-pPkpIDNnM?feature=oembed

Very cool.  That gives me some hope of eventually getting Neverwinter Nights running in 'slideshow mode' on the Pyra.

Curious about a couple of things...

When you installed steam it should have generated a report on your local system's hardware and asked if it could send it to Valve.  I'm curious what it found.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to force Half Life to resolutions outside of what is listed (config or command line options).  But - did you try clicking the 'widescreen' button?  That changes the available resolutions and should have a 1280x720 and 1920x1080 option.

And 2x - way better than I had expected it to function, especially without the graphics system being 'done'.

Thanks!

Very cool.  That gives me some hope of eventually getting Neverwinter Nights running in 'slideshow mode' on the Pyra.

Curious about a couple of things...

When you installed steam it should have generated a report on your local system's hardware and asked if it could send it to Valve.  I'm curious what it found.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to force Half Life to resolutions outside of what is listed (config or command line options).  But - did you try clicking the 'widescreen' button?  That changes the available resolutions and should have a 1280x720 and 1920x1080 option.

And 2x - way better than I had expected it to function, especially without the graphics system being 'done'.

Thanks!
Well on this version of Half-Life it isn't a widescreen button, but a mode drop down menu that should give you an option to change between 4:3/16:9/16:10, for some reason it greyed out and stuck on "Normal" also 1024x768 is the only settable option and there is no other renders outside OpenGL. I tried it both in windowed and full screen mode. There is most likely some config file I can play with.

Steam_Pyra_HL.png

Steam System Info(sorry screen shots are the best I can do from work and VNC on a short notice):

Steam_Pyra_sysinfo1.png

Steam_Pyra_sysinfo2.png

Steam_Pyra_sysinfo3.png

Edit: Clarified a few things.

Very interesting - thank you.  It is interesting that Steam is finding the 1280x800 screen resolution but not offering that as a setting in the game.  I trust you tried unchecking 'Run in a window' to see if that opened up the display options a bit.

I recall there being a way to force Half Life's video settings from a command line on launch including windowed/not, resolution, refresh rate, etc...  Not something that you need to worry about right now though.

I'm very interested to see what happens when 3d support gets worked through.  Your example above is a VERY cool start.

Anxiously awaiting the Pyra's release even more.

Edit/add:

Oh, and I had another thought.  To skip the LONG video at the start of the game, try just going into the Training Room?

I trust you tried unchecking 'Run in a window' to see if that opened up the display options a bit.
Yeah it was what it was set to before, I was hoping Windowed mode would resolve the issue. 

More of me stammering on while recording a video, so this is a follow up video to show off the Linux version of Steam on the OMAP5 Devboard, not too impressive without 3D acceleration and Streaming sort of works despite being slow. I believe the no sound on streaming is on my Linux desktop end not the devboard. Half-Life was a little disappointing as I expected that it should work better than it did, but the version on Steam lacks software mode and is a little more demanding that the original version. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-pPkpIDNnM
Nice, such a weak system that can run borderlands just as fast as HL1! Even my gaming system doesnt top that! Nice.

But does it run Crysis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-pPkpIDNnM
Nice, such a weak system that can run borderlands just as fast as HL1! Even my gaming system doesnt top that! Nice.

But does it run Crysis?
I suspect that you may not understand what this is.

I suspect that you may not understand what this is.
Indeed, this is running x86 code through an emulation layer and on top of that 3D acceleration isn't working... It's actually a pretty decent achievement and shows off how powerful the dual a15 CPUs are.

The Steam video makes me feel that we do indeed need an Any key.  I think the spacebar should have room.

Please don't actually discuss keyboard layout here.

Thanks again, TrashyMG.  I hope that some sort of deal can be worked out for Pyra owners to get a discount on exagear.

@TrashyMG, another request, hope this time is not a silly one (again XD), can you try to run Fightcade + some cps3 game?

Back