What would you like to see?

you can cut off part of your liver; the liver can apparently grow back
I have heard and considered this.  It seems it might be a way to make a little extra cash, like selling blood or plasma.
Selling your soul to the devil might give you some nice special powers.
Hmmm...I have major doubts for many reasons.  Assuming that such a being existed, what are the chances that someone who is widely claimed to be a liar, and may even take pride in their deceptiveness, will follow through with any such agreement?

If you were looking for something that requires a *lot* of CPU not sure if it'd work but what about software-defined radio, or (RTL)SDR? All you need to do it is a USB stick with a RTL8187 based chipset (sometimes found in 'DTV USB sticks') and software (e.g. gqrx) .

ljones

Hi,

long time forum lurker here.

I'd love to see some WebGL, if possible.

Gon

Well, WebGL needs a 3D driver, I guess - so we need to wait until that one works fine :)

About compiling something on Pandora and Pyra: Nice idea. Does someone know a program that compiles without major issues with Codeblocks on the Pandora and a ./configure && make on normal Debian?

Something, that doesn't take ages but a few minutes, maybe.

Battle for Wesnoth? Has been some time I last compiled it, maybe half an hour on a fast desktop? I would choose something like this because it better shows off performance than something which is done in a minute anyway.

Personally I'd like to see some Sega Saturn emulation - the pandora was a bit too slow for it to run that well but the faster cpu in the pyra should on paper make it run a lot better.     Not sure if it's practical or not though at this stage,   yabause can run without 3d acceleration as far as I'm aware but I think the Saturn.emu in the pandora repo (which is based on yabause) might have added in some 3d acceleration requirements over vanilla yabause? 

Personally I'd like to see some Sega Saturn emulation - the pandora was a bit too slow for it to run that well but the faster cpu in the pyra should on paper make it run a lot better.     Not sure if it's practical or not though at this stage,   yabause can run without 3d acceleration as far as I'm aware but I think the Saturn.emu in the pandora repo (which is based on yabause) might have added in some 3d acceleration requirements over vanilla yabause? 
Not that I'm aware of. Saturn.emu is using GLES only for presentation (bliting the emulated screen to the screen), not for the emulator itself.

Where we had ever Speed Problems with the

3DOH Emulator.

The Performance Problems where here CPU Speed Related and the Games are not in 3D.

I whish to see the nicest Sailormoon Kombatgame ever on the Pyra from 3DO ;)

Or the Emulation Speed of Qemu Emulating Windows95 and Halflife via Software Renderer(no 3d needed)

I think that are realistic Wishes ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Qemu booting up Win98 and starting HalfLife in Software mode would be neat.

I would like to see a video of pyra outputting Frets on Fire to a HTDV while hooked up to an actual Guitar controller via USB (or playstation to USB converter).

That would sell at least two people that I know.  Although, to be fair, Pandora can probably do this by itself

I can't find it in the repo, although looking at the code it seems to be fairly straightforward python. A bit weird- it seems to depend on psyco which is an old python JIT, but I have't looked much into it. Maybe request it in the requests thread.

I would be interested in seeing:

- Saturn emulation (Yabause ?) running Shining Force 3 for example

- PPSSPP (if it can run in software mode ?) running Tactics Ogre for example

- video encoding in 720p or 1080p with x264

Back