What's Better Between Gp32 - Psp

Klown posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
These comparisons should be made when the PSP is a little further into it's life. It will eventually be able to do just as well and if not better than the GP32 with emulation.

Quite true.

I already far prefer playing emus on my PSP. NES, SNES, GBC and TG-16 are now already much better on PSP than on GP32. Faster, more features, and the screen just kicks ass (the ghosting isn't really an issue, the size, brightness and vivid color more than makes up for that) Even have PCE CD games running. And of course the NeoCD emulator is incredible - yes it really is full speed, full screen with sound and MP3 music, and you never need more than 0 or 1 frameskip. B)

I'm not loyal to any system, so I just pretty much get them all. And right now the PSP rules them all for me. I still like the GP32, and the Zodiac. And I guess I'll use my DS again someday. But at the moment the PSP is great fun and getting better every day (seriously it seems to get emu updates and new homebrew daily!).

The PSP dev scene is on fire. What other handheld had a scene progress so far and fast? In only a few months look what's available for PSP. Add the excellent commercial games to the mix and I can't think of a better handheld. I mean - I can play Wipeout Pure one minute, then switch to NeoCD for some Metal Slug, then do some vintage NES after that. And I haven't even mentioned how nice movies, ebooks and magazines look on it. It's really mindboggling to have all that gaming goodness in one little device.

For anyone wondering about the PSP - I love mine, and definitely recommend you check into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Jul 15 2005 at 08:13 AM said:
The second PSP processor can now be accessed by homebrew (the 'Media Engine'), and its been proven that it just can about do anything the main one can, so this could mean one processor emulating the cpu & sound, whilst the other handles the graphics emulation :)

So, it'll open up a whole new range of emu's if the emu is coded to take advantage of the second processor.

Hmm, full speed fs0 snes, gba, etc :)

Gonna be some fun days ahead for the PSP. :)

Hopefully the firmware will be entirely cracked and done so it is really convenient to run homebrew, in a free launcher kind of way at some stage.

Hopefully this will also coincide with the price of the PSP dropping dramatically. B)

Huh? I'd call just moving to your memory card and selecting the emulator to play convenient enough for me. I don't see how it could be easier.

Also, I think the PSP is cheap for what it offers :)

Squidge posted on Jul 18 2005 at 05:57 PM said:
Huh? I'd call just moving to your memory card and selecting the emulator to play convenient enough for me. I don't see how it could be easier.
I didn't realise it was this easy.

Well yeah, so is a Ferrari, but I'd like the price to drop before I considered buying one.

LHC posted on Jul 18 2005 at 05:01 PM said:
I didn't realise it was this easy.

Well yeah, so is a Ferrari, but I'd like the price to drop before I considered buying one.

By which time something new will be on the horizon and this vicious cycle will begin again.

Yep, Then we will have people moaning that they have only just got a PSP and paid nearly £100 for it when a new system is on the horizon, Making the PSP almost obsolete. :rolleyes:

Food ready, Get it while its HOT! :p

Trooper

Well, a 166Mhz GP32 from Gbax is about £140. A PSP (when released) will be £179, but you can get them cheaper than that by importing from USA or Japan. That's a £40 difference, and I'd imagine some people here would pay more than that to upgrade there GP32 to PSP kinda-specs, so, like I said, it's cheap *for what it offers*.

Of course, but the time they are in the UK, and the price is dropped, we'll probably be on firmware version 8.60, and people getting fedup of finding security holes to use.

So, buy it now whilst it's fresh! If you can't afford, ask your bank to buy it for you :)

Squidge posted on Jul 18 2005 at 11:15 PM said:
Well, a 166Mhz GP32 from Gbax is about £140. A PSP (when released) will be £179, but you can get them cheaper than that by importing from USA or Japan. That's a £40 difference, and I'd imagine some people here would pay more than that to upgrade there GP32 to PSP kinda-specs, so, like I said, it's cheap *for what it offers*.

Of course, but the time they are in the UK, and the price is dropped, we'll probably be on firmware version 8.60, and people getting fedup of finding security holes to use.

So, buy it now whilst it's fresh! If you can't afford, ask your bank to buy it for you :)

I fully second you on that Squidge ^^

Been mucking about on the PSP Amiga emulator, it's obviously got some way to go, but I was actually playing Alien Breed on my PSP last night so I'm happy.

:)

Shirohagen posted on Jul 25 2005 at 04:59 PM said:
Been mucking about on the PSP Amiga emulator, it's obviously got some way to go, but I was actually playing Alien Breed on my PSP last night so I'm happy.

soon I'll fully enjoy this dream too :rolleyes:

by the way is there somebody here who can tell me if we can save under PSP Uae ???

Tidus posted on Jul 25 2005 at 06:54 PM said:

by the way is there somebody here who can tell me if we can save under PSP Uae ???

I assume you mean like writing to a floppy disk and saving your preferences in workbench etc and not save states.

I`ve have tried it, But not since v0.1, All i got was a message saying that the disk is write protected.

I`ll have a go with v0.3 and let you know what happens, I still think its not possible as there is no way of write enabling the disks, But i`ll give it a go when i get home.

Trooper

trooper posted on Jul 25 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Tidus posted on Jul 25 2005 at 06:54 PM said:

I assume you mean like writing to a floppy disk and saving your preferences in workbench etc and not save states.

I`ve have tried it, But not since v0.1, All i got was a message saying that the disk is write protected.

I`ll have a go with v0.3 and let you know what happens, I still think its not possible as there is no way of write enabling the disks, But i`ll give it a go when i get home.

Trooper

yeah it's exactly what I mean :) many thanks for checking :)

Back