What's everyone working on these days?

Got a project underway? Ready to show off screenshots? Post 'em here!

I'll go first:

I had started working on a platformer with multidirectional gravity about 20 months ago, but Real Life got in the way and temporarily halted development.  Well, development has now been unhalted:

preview2.png

I can't promise a ship date or price yet, sorry.

Porting REminiscence, OpenTyrian and going to start AnotherWorld on the GCW0...

edit: fairely easy project, I know but these are my first opensource/linux and/or SDL project...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a project underway? Ready to show off screenshots? Post 'em here!

I'll go first:

I had started working on a platformer with multidirectional gravity about 20 months ago, but Real Life got in the way and temporarily halted development.  Well, development has now been unhalted:

preview2.png

I can't promise a ship date or price yet, sorry.
Oooooh I remember this! :)

I'm working on a few things at a snail's pace... not much to report, only I am not dead and plodding along...

^He said on the GCW Zero..

But seems odd to be posting about what he's doing on another system here...

Edit: Not sure how much better the cross compilers are for the Zero, but OpenTyrian can be moody when cross-compiled.. not so much getting errors from building the executable, but odd quirky things like levels not progressing, distorted graphic effects and such. It forced me to compile directly on the Pandora. I suspect it was some oddities dealing with floating point math.. Although I admit my Cross-compiler environment is pretty old and I'm too busy to update it properly.

I'm working on a few things at a snail's pace... not much to report, only I am not dead and plodding along...
Anything to do with Pandora Panic? ;)

ive been thinking about (and started tinkering with) a python based osmos clone. will have to dig deeper into the pygame awesomeness, but literally got zero time left for it right now.

i will keep working on it every now and then, but its gonna take ages. :(

Nothing directly planned - I have to get the C4A version of Thruster out at some point (I need to get the config info to Skeezix and not quite getting around to it.)

From here I'd probably add C4A support to anything I've previousy released that generates a score.

I've been making a little progress with PenjinTwo but nothing to shout about - I'm working with PanJoust to add 2 player controls and there's some alpha issues with some of the sprites... oh and PanJoust is 80% ported to work with PenjinTwo as opposed to Penjin. (menus aren't fully implemented for one thing.)

Finally I have an original game Unpredictiball that I need to flesh out past the PoC stage.

And... finish PirateBaby... anyway have any preference on what I should concentrate my time on? xD

Well on topic, personally I have a big todo list of fixes for the C4ALL version of OpenTyrian for the Pandora..

Also this caught my eye to port over this: http://mspencer.net/daggorath/dodpcp.html

it requires opengl for some damn reason, so it may give me an excuse to either try my hand at converting gl to gles or just using lunixboch's opengl implantation. 

I just need the time..

Nothing directly planned - I have to get the C4A version of Thruster out at some point (I need to get the config info to Skeezix and not quite getting around to it.)

From here I'd probably add C4A support to anything I've previousy released that generates a score.

I've been making a little progress with PenjinTwo but nothing to shout about - I'm working with PanJoust to add 2 player controls and there's some alpha issues with some of the sprites... oh and PanJoust is 80% ported to work with PenjinTwo as opposed to Penjin. (menus aren't fully implemented for one thing.)

Finally I have an original game Unpredictiball that I need to flesh out past the PoC stage.

And... finish PirateBaby... anyway have any preference on what I should concentrate my time on? xD
Ohhh Pandora Panic with C4A.. :D

I just learned TI-BASIC programming 2 days ago. It ain't retro but it is running on a Z80 CPU, so that's good enough for me. I just finished integrating a really basic GUI into my virtual 2-bit processor and assembler. Pics in about 4 hours if anyone requests. I just used my skills to cheat on converting scientific units in Science class too.

Working of "Labyrinths of Crystallia" and "Spirit Shard".

Heres an image of an old build of Labyrinth, graphics is slightly modified, and on Pandora it runs usually between 15-20fps on my 600Mhz Panda. Its an action adventure inspired by 8bit Zelda and Rygar, Spirit Shard is a classic style 2D shootemup.

IMG_0297.JPG

Not sure if people care about hardware hacks but..

i) Currently (as in right now) controlling a webcam from pandora; by control I mean X/Y .. swivel and tilt dual servo. And by Pandora I mean a pandora, but I'm working on a web interface so any device will do.

ii) The rotating/tilting webcam is actually for my all terrrain built-from-scratch RC car/tank/thing

iii) ..maybe for a quadcopter if I can get that project 'off the ground' (har!) .. handling gyro info from scratch is a pita!

iv) Getting back to my retro-inspired from-scratch computer; I previously designed and built a prototype of a computer from basic ICs .. but trying ot reduce complexity/vcost so I can make a kit or something

and back to software..

v) compo4all needs a lot of love :)

vi) I've got a wargame and a multiplayer RPG on the go, but they've been halted about a year or so now .. a shame.

Books to read, shows to watch, projects to hack, arcade machines to play... and kids to indoctrinate to hacking.

So much to do, so little time :) Ahh, life :)

jeff

Back