Whats Going On!

borgqueenx said:
craigix said:
jumpman said:
Hey Craig, since your in a question answering mood I've got one for ya! Are all 4000 unit parts expected on the 22nd? Or just a portion? Just curious, I'm assuming all 4000, but I wasn't sure!

Thanks,
Chris

For everything but the boards, yes. The boards is still unknown. We will have some but maybe not all, but that isn't a big deal as we don't need them all at first, they can arrive as we make the consoles.

If we have 1000 in March that is easily enough to keep us going for the first week.
mmmmm, so what can you tell us about the boards?

shipped? whats the factory doing? delays? reviews?

The testing process is slow, so it looks like they will arrive in batches. A tricky part is making sure the hand soldered nubs are centered.

They are getting there though, the Pandora has a lot more hand assembled parts than most systems, it's very Rolls Royce.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, maybe Craig can give some specifics, but from what I remeber, the board factory was only going to produce 1000 until assembly started, as there was no storage/quality checks for more than that at the Texas operation. I would guess since things have moved to Craigs(more space), they gave the factory the green light to produce them all, and the only problem is if they can get all reamining amounts done before mid month to make the 22nd. Let's just say they have 2000 by the 22nd(or less), that can last a week or two, and then the remaining amount should have plenty of time to arrive!

My 2 cents anyway! Craig, did I miss anything?

Chris

Damn, 2 late!

craigix said:
borgqueenx said:
craigix said:
jumpman said:
Hey Craig, since your in a question answering mood I've got one for ya! Are all 4000 unit parts expected on the 22nd? Or just a portion? Just curious, I'm assuming all 4000, but I wasn't sure!

Thanks,
Chris

For everything but the boards, yes. The boards is still unknown. We will have some but maybe not all, but that isn't a big deal as we don't need them all at first, they can arrive as we make the consoles.

If we have 1000 in March that is easily enough to keep us going for the first week.
mmmmm, so what can you tell us about the boards?

shipped? whats the factory doing? delays? reviews?

The testing process is slow, so it looks like they will arrive in batches. A tricky part is making sure the hand soldered nubs are centered.

They are getting there though, the Pandora has a lot more hand assembled parts than most systems, it's very Rolls Royce.
ah, thanks.

So did they gave you dates when they ship boards?
or whats the plan?

Better Than Royls Rolls!!!!,

The Pandora will assembled by Craig, EvilDragon, MWesthon, Fatih etc by theyr owne,
no rolls roycs will assemblet by Henry Royce, or Charlie Rolls because they are dead because between 1904 and 2010 are 106 Yeahrs, and to start a company you must be 18 Yeahrs, so they are aktually something like 124 Yeahrs old,

craigix said:
Oh and I have to set up that webcam (with sound?) too. Maybe we can have a big brother style close up with audio now and again to report what is happening.

That's about all the news right now.

If you don't mind could you put some RFID chips in the cases and on the boards, individually identifiable via the video so we can see when our unit is coming through?

(I know, I don't have an order in the first batch. But I can't imagine ordering unless I know exactly where the parts are all of the time. I would like to see a tracking system in place and working before I order.)

hey craig this is kind of a weird question but after the first batch how long do you think it will take for the 2nd? cuz i didnt get in the first and even if there were a few let i dont have the money right now

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51592-the-second-batch-info-thread/

I really want to help out with production but it means a week off work for
my partner so she can look after our son,as this is usualy my job ,but also
i would need to take leave of my own part time job for a week as well.

So ... i recon the best thing i can do to help out will be donate to
the team that will build our Pandoras with love.

Paddy

craigix said:
Oh and I have to set up that webcam (with sound?) too. Maybe we can have a big brother style close up with audio now and again to report what is happening.

If you stream via web cam while assembling the Ps I will definitely make use of the PayPal link (if there ever will be one) and donate.

Anybody else gonna take a day off to watch assembly? I'm gonna order some pizza, get some beer, and yell things at my monitor like - “You! Yes, you behind the bikesheds, stand still laddie!”

Hopefully there will be a wide time frame between when you guys get your drink on and when you're building Pandoras I'd hate to see a dozen guys in a room all pied eyed trying to put these things together. Not to mention fear of a "Pandora Bar brawl."

Craigix, as much as I would love to help out, I'd probably break more than I could make. But I'm happy to make a donation for expenses.

Would it be okay to transfer the money directly to the same account I paid for my Pandora, or would you prefer another way?

What do you do with a drunken pandorian,What do you do with a drunken sailor,or an inebriated tailor.

craigix said:
Maybe we could sign your case on the battery compartment with a knife to say thanks

Signing it with a soldering iron might look better. You could try it on a bit of spare case or case plastic if you've got one  :p

a scriber would be simpler, or maybe a cheap engraving tool, personally, I would go for a sticker in the battery compartment with a reduced collection of the teams signatures on it, just make the image and buy some Avery label sheets off the market, simple and quick, plus you don't end up with writers cramp after signing your name 4000 times.

hobbyman II said:
a scriber would be simpler, or maybe a cheap engraving tool, personally, I would go for a sticker in the battery compartment with a reduced collection of the teams signatures on it, just make the image and buy some Avery label sheets off the market, simple and quick, plus you don't end up with writers cramp after signing your name 4000 times.

I think he was talking about for people who donate for snacks

Back