Whats Going On!

If pandoras start to slowly trickle out by the end of april,early may then i will be content to wait for mine.
Though they said that they will post each order once it is assembled.So some users should get theirs soon.

Today I've worked a little more on the hall, went for a walk in Jesmond dene, ate Sunday dinner at the canteen (Clayton Street) in Newcastle, worked on the appstore, relaxed.

Tomorrow I will be picking up my cousin from Middlesbrough and we will be working on setting up the hall all day.

craigix said:
Today I've worked a little more on the hall, went for a walk in Jesmond dene, ate Sunday dinner at the canteen (Clayton Street) in Newcastle, worked on the appstore, relaxed.

Tomorrow I will be picking up my cousin from Middlesbrough and we will be working on setting up the hall all day.

That's lovely craigix. What are you wearing?

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

I see you've listened to people complaing about too little information, but some people might find this a bit too much.

Me, I love it.

;) :lol:

craigix said:

That's great news Craig! Hopefully, this means we are all done with the poor luck, and April 1 is looking good for release. I'll keep hoping for the best. I'm actually rather busy until then anyway, so that would be a good time to ship for me. ;)

Chris

this is ridiculous. more vague news from craig.

we don't even know how many times he went to the bathroom or anything.

when will these cowboys start taking this project seriously? we the customers DESERVE, no, DEMAND to know what is going on! we want DETAILS!

and NO you can't have my order number.

Craig, please provide the following information:

- The SKU numbers of all ESD equipment
- Full workstation ergonomics analysis report
- A scan of your cousin's birth certificate
- Your order number

Gruso said:
Craig, please provide the following information:

- The SKU numbers of all ESD equipment
- Full workstation ergonomics analysis report
- A scan of your cousin's birth certificate
- Your order number

Maybe we could kidnap his cousin and ask for 3900 pandoras as the ransom :)

I have a question: Take it how you will.

Why is it that we are being asked for donations to 'contribute' to production?
They HAD plans, they died. Why are we paying even more money for even more delay

I'm not saying that Texas could never cause a delay.

The question was not an attack on anyone, but it is valid. We are all putting up with the delays and issues and now we have a chance to 'contribute' even more money?

kingoddball said:

Because they are not Sony or Microsoft.

Because community is different from corporation.

Or maybe because those who are getting a Pandora might want those who are making it to do a good job.

If you don't want to help with the food fund, then don't. And don't feel bad about it. It's just a request, not a surcharge.

kingoddball said:

They HAD plans, they died. Why are we paying even more money for even more delay

The question was not an attack on anyone, but it is valid. We are all putting up with the delays and issues and now we have a chance to 'contribute' even more money?
That is a good question King! It could be taken many ways in regards to this project and the delays and what not. It was a simple request, not a demand. I offered to make a donation as I still belive in what these guys are trying to do, and I think they have all made great sacrifices to make this happen. The least of which was there own money. I also gave to the development fund, as I believe it was and is a good idea. Now I don't really know what will become of any of these funds, but I'm making a good faith decision.

If someone is pissed that there unit has still not arrived, and they don't want to donate, "DON'T"! I'm sure if the team gets zero donations at all, everything will still proceed as planned. Craig just asked for a little help, if you don't want to help, simply don't! There is no harm in that. I'm sure if they raise hundreds, or even thousands, whatever they don't use will be returned or put back into the project. If anyone thinks there is an issue of what or where your funds might go, just don't give anything! The same way some people think the team has lied, and some don't. This is a personal decision, nothing more. Let's not blow this up, and into a "why must I add more to this project" thread.

Chris

kingoddball said:

So you suggest that by not giving them money it will result in no delay?
It was suggested that money could be donated for a beer and pizza fund for the helpers, from those that want to. You don't have to if you don't want to, no one will think poorly of you, nothing will be gained or lost if money is or isn't collected, it's just a lark.

No suggestions were made.

I am actually happy to donate. I'm just in two mind's at the moment. It's fact that Texas was too expensive then by doing it themselves they should be saving a lot of money. Then they hint at donations.

Delays will most likely happen, again.
I understand they are not M$, Sony or Nintendo! It's quite an obvious statement.

I just wanted to put my previous statement out there for everyone. It seems odd that they are asking for more when they should have saved more by not using Texas for manufacturing. Correct or Incorrect?

kingoddball said:
kingoddball said:
Why are we paying even more money for even more delay
:blink: Looks like you're suggesting payimg more money will cause more delay. I don't understand why you would say that though.

kingoddball said:
It seems odd that they are asking for more when they should have saved more by not using Texas for manufacturing. Correct or Incorrect?
Correct, they should be saving money. So?
If people wanted to send you money to buy pizza and beer, are you going to say "no, do not send me money for I have so much already!" or "Heck yeah! Thanks! Anyone else?"?

I'm not sure "saved" is the most accurate term. Avoiding that cost doesn't mean they have a fat few hundred k sitting in the bank, it just means they're running at a less horrific loss.

WizardStan said:
kingoddball said:
kingoddball said:
Why are we paying even more money for even more delay
:blink: Looks like you're suggesting payimg more money will cause more delay. I don't understand why you would say that though.

kingoddball said:
It seems odd that they are asking for more when they should have saved more by not using Texas for manufacturing. Correct or Incorrect?
Correct, they should be saving money. So?
If people wanted to send you money to buy pizza and beer, are you going to say "no, do not send me money for I have so much already!" or "Heck yeah! Thanks! Anyone else?"?

It was worded wrong.
There is delay after delay after delay. Paying more money just seems silly.
Money is not causing a delay - Simple.

Money will not help cause or not cause a delay. Simple.
As for me; No I wouldn't take money from anyone for pizza, beer and the like.

Another part: Why not use the 'Dev Fund' - It is being used for development.

Also I'm sure someone is going to pop up and say "What's your order number" or "why don't you just cancel your order" etc, etc.
I have been considering it, but if I do cancel I will be losing even more money. I purchased mine when the Aussie dollar was far lower. I paid nearly double (exchange).

kingoddball said:
Actually the cost of populating the bare boards and testing them is now more expensive than talks I had with them dating back to spring 2008 when they were verbally agreeing to pricing we were budgeting for the entire build. Basically, doing it ourselves is only preventing us from sinking into a deeper hole on these first couple of batches.

The first batch is going to be the most expensive and we should be able to get the price down a bit for future batches. There were a lot of setup costs and learning processes, plus some manual efforts that we can't automate until the next batch. Still, it will never be as cheap as discussions from two years ago and we don't have the manpower to move assembly to China without wading through a possible disaster as the supervision required would probably out weigh the cost of still doing our small batches in the US (boards) and England (cases).

Back