Whats Going On!

Dunny said:
EvilDragon said:
Just wanted to add: I am going to have some coffee right now.

Sugar in that? What type of coffee? Will you be visiting the bathroom afterwards? Do you have to tie your hair up in a ponytail to stop it from dropping in the coffee?

You see, you can't just blithely walk in here and tell us you're starting a coffee process! We need to know specifics - what kind of milk, where from - is it proper cow milk? Will you be setting up a coffee-cam so we can monitor progress? You lot on the OP team think you're giving us updates, but in reality your posts can be misconstrued and the inevitable flamewar that results (from such simple things as full-cream, pasteurised, UHT issues) are pretty much your own fault.

Come on, make with the specifics you hairy beast.

D.

Haha LOL'd :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
There is delay after delay after delay. Paying more money just seems silly.
Money is not causing a delay - Simple.

It does seem extremely silly, but as I read it the community-based offer (before craig leapt on it as an opportunity to take more cash) was quite sincere and directed vagulay at supporting the chaps who are offering to build our Pandoras for us - for no fee.

While on the great balance-sheet of life OpenPandora re probably badly in the red, I can see how it looks like not assembling in Texas saves OpenPandora money, "hiring" free staff saves them money, and having the community donate towards their food bill saves even more money, I don't beleive for a second that this funding is aimed at Craig - it's aimed at the nice members of our community who are offering to pitch in. I'd be tempted to be one of them myself, if I had the time and the inclination to sleep on someone else's floor again (it's been years, I don't feel nostalgic).

It's possible to pick up a more positive vibe if you consider that it LOOKS as if Craig may have offered some of these folks a palce to stay (even if it's a floor) and took that as meaning he had some obligation to feed them as well. I don't want to paint Craig as a saint here, but it's just possible that he's been trying to see these folks "allright" as well. That won't stop him from taking funds from others to pay for it - he's a businessman. He wants your money, after all, but that doesn't mean he can't do something right from time to time.

kingoddball said:
Money will not help cause or not cause a delay. Simple.

Money can grease the wheels, but again - as I read it, this particular fund (or at least the original offers) aren't about speeding things up so much as trying to reward/minimise the costs to those who are giving up their own time to help OpenPandora and, by extension, us. It's a big love-in all-round touchy-feeling good vibe thing. you'll help us? Here - have a pizza! :D

Some - a few, leastways - who are too far away to help, or don't have the right skillset, or whatever would rather still feel they are contributing to the effort by buying the build team a pizza. Fair enough IMHO!

Whether the fund will be managed properly and so on is another debate.

kingoddball said:
Another part: Why not use the 'Dev Fund' - It is being used for development.[/quote.

No. This isn't development, it's just assembly. The Dev Fund - to which I contributed - was touted as being to reward third party developers for producing good software. Not to cut OP costs.

kingoddball said:
That's a horrid scenario, really.
It seemed that (from information in this forum) the 2nd batch would get you all out of the hole. I didn't think it would be "a couple of batches".

That was an early hope, since when costs have seemingly spiralled - and of course as long as any loan/mortgage etc, goes on, the interest charges keep piling up - even at current rates that can bite, hard. It was quite a few months ago someone (probably my OP lover) said that they wouldn't get into break even/profit territory until at least the third batch.

kingoddball said:
kingoddball said:
I feel like an asshole now.
Well, there's plenty of them around if you really feel like one - board's full of 'em at times. Personally I'd suggest that a fruit bar makes for a more healthy snack though.

Persoanlly I think it's good of Craig to offer to put these hobos up - I'm pretty sure *I* wouldn't want all these folks turning up at my door!

Dunny said:
EvilDragon said:

Sugar in that? What type of coffee? Will you be visiting the bathroom afterwards? Do you have to tie your hair up in a ponytail to stop it from dropping in the coffee?

I'll visit the bathroom when I get the urge to do that.
I'll have a nice Latte Macchiato (milk with 1,5% fat) which I'll drink with a straw. Illy, brewed with a Jura machine.
No sugar, that would kill the coffee :)

I never have a Ponytail. If my hair drops into the coffee, I'll have a nice smell of coffee in my nose for the rest of the day.
I usually have about 4 - 5 coffees a day anyways.

:)

Back to topic:
Craig didn't ask for money, no. It was the idea of someone in this thread and sure, why not?
It's hard work, if anyone wants to donate some food and drinks, go ahead :)

Last edited:
mali said:
Confimed: OPT spent our money on coffee. Lazy bastards.

Naaah, my other company pays the coffee ;)

trooper said:
Any biscuits ?. I`d like chocolate hob nobs or malted milks with mine please ED. :p

Don't have any cookies here. When can I expect you to show up here to grab your coffee?

Last edited:
Criag

If you read this.. read post #99 please its buried under all these off subject biscuit rants witch although are funny, have buried my post

mvickers03 said:
Criag

If you read this.. read post #99 please its buried under all these off subject biscuit rants witch although are funny, have buried my post

It's cool, I'll be emailing you when we have a more solid date.

Today I'm doing some work on the video support on the appstore and I'm also doing some work on the hall. I had soup for lunch. I'm about to make a cup of tea.

craigix said:
mvickers03 said:
Criag

Today I'm doing some work on the video support on the appstore and I'm also doing some work on the hall. I had soup for lunch. I'm about to make a cup of tea.

Haha glad to hear it, I had a king deal 1.99 cheeseburger and chips with a small fanta! maybe ill have a cuppa now as well

Glad you got the message and look forward to hearing from you soon.

This thread gets funnier by the day.

I hope that the impatient people are catching onto the sarcasm and understand it's meaning. I guess that's a bit insensitive but I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. (Then I had some coffee. Then I got ready for work. Then I drove to work. Now I'm sitting at work. I think I'm going to get some more coffee right now*)

*GPS tracking device will be inplanted as soon as I get home!

EvilDragon said:

Did you use the hypertext coffee pot control protocol?

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2324.html

I actually have a working (client) implementation of this for *nix.

craigix said:
mvickers03 said:
Criag

What soup?> I've been on liquids for a few days (intense pain issues/health problems) and my son has become fascinated with tomatoe soup to such an extent that tonight I think we're ALL having tomato soup - although my preference is for chicken-flavoured, myself.

Monk said:
although my preference is for chicken-flavoured, myself.
The chicken soup in the bottom of the chicken flavour Nissin Cup Noodles is quite possibly the best thing ever. Just so you know. :D

Monk said:
craigix said:
mvickers03 said:
Criag

What soup?> I've been on liquids for a few days (intense pain issues/health problems) and my son has become fascinated with tomatoe soup to such an extent that tonight I think we're ALL having tomato soup - although my preference is for chicken-flavoured, myself.

What Brand of tomato soup?? I sure hope you tell us how you prepare it.. What temps you using and can you over clock the flame to make the soup run smoother without voiding the money back guarantee!

We need more detailed answers instead of your constant hit and run dinner stories ;)

EvilDragon said:

Only 4 - 5? A Day?

You're coming to England, mate. By the time you get to Craig's neck of the woods, you'll have needed that much coffee just to cope with the weather, and the morons on the motorways. Then you're gonna be locked up in a Barn, building Pandoras with your bare hands in freezing conditions. Anyone who's been a Scout in a Scout-hut knows what that's like. Village Hall, my arse.

I'm telling you, by the time you leave England, you will be a total caffeine addict.

D.

I propose someone start a poll to find out what kind of pizza should be ordered for the people working on the assembly line. I won't know whether I will donate or not until I know what kind of pizza will be ordered.

Dunny said:
EvilDragon said:

Only 4 - 5? A Day?

You're coming to England, mate. By the time you get to Craig's neck of the woods, you'll have needed that much coffee just to cope with the weather, and the morons on the motorways. Then you're gonna be locked up in a Barn, building Pandoras with your bare hands in freezing conditions. Anyone who's been a Scout in a Scout-hut knows what that's like. Village Hall, my arse.

I'm telling you, by the time you leave England, you will be a total caffeine addict.

D.
Tell me about it.
I go through about 15 cups of tea a day, and that's when I'm not even stressed out. Add stress to the mix and I'll chug down 20+ a day easily :)

Wow what a bunch of addicts LOL I have 1 or 2.. sometimes I don't have any usually fruit juice or Ribena.. I'm Hardcore me!

I can hardly talk though I drink far too much these days. Each to there own I guess

Back