What's The First Thing You'll Do With Your Pandora?

mazza558

Assuming there'll be some decent software (web browser etc) preinstalled, what will you do first with your Pandora (after it's charged)?

I'll probably:

- Copy bookmarks to SD card
- Set up wireless
- Try out the software
- Start testing some games provided the emulators are ready for launch
- Download more apps as they become available (if they are)

play as many psx games as possible within an hour, to see if they work, and after that I'm trying out the MP3 player.

EDIT:

actually, I'll probably cry because I've waited so damn long. :)

First thing for me is checking the video-out features, getting my usb devices to work (Xbox pad, video-in, keyboard + mouse, dancepad), checking if my teamspeak client works on it and obviously checking its 3D features =) (as I plan to port most off my engines sample projects so developers could use them as a base for future stuff)

take it out of the box?

lol, but no. Most likely play some music on it and play some old genesis and arcade games.

Hopefully the emulators are all optimized by then.

1. Finish porting rsvp4gp2x to it if I haven't already
2. experiment with control layouts for the above.
3. see about getting mp3s playing at the same time
4. play some games
5. check out web browsing

(just remembered from when I got the gp2x)
0. pace and read forums waiting for the initial battery charge : (
wait, will you need to wait out the first charge or will you be able to play "tethered" while the battery is charging? Even if possible, will it be ok for the battery for you to do that, or should you not turn it on until it has an initial charge?

Throw it on the ground and then smash it repeatedly with a hammer, then post the video on the internet and wait for people to send me money, because that seems to be a popular thing to do with new pieces of technology these days.

I'm looking forward to turn it on and experience some awesome boot animation. Assuming I've already checked out the shell while charging I'll probably turn on the SNES emulator and play Donkey Kong Country for some British action.

Anyone knows how long time it takes for the battery to fully charge, by the way?

The same three things I do with most new toys:
1 - Cross-compile and run HelloWorld
2 - Take it apart
3 - Put it back together again and check I can still perform 1.

Probably turn it on....Or maybe charge it and THEN turn it on...

Checking out any and all available software, honestly. That, in and of itself, is gonna be great fun. :)

Make a mad dash grabbing all homebrew and emulators while uploading dozens of videos to youtube :D maybe watch some po- er, documentaries.

1. Admire the box, put it someplace nice.
2. grab a PSX emulator and a copy of metal gear solid/FF7, at last.
3. F-Zero.
4. Wait for n64.
5. realize its going to be a while
6?????
7. post here on it.

I'd like to see it connect to my wireless network. That'd be pretty intresting, a device that small and it works just like your ordinary desktop PC and it dosen't cost a fortune! It will also be intresting to see how things pan out with regards to speed, usability, durability, reliability, etc. Will (for example) the speed of the pandora be at the top of everyones' estimates or be at the bottom? Will programs be easily installable, or will there be lots of unseen problems?

:) Just best to use it and have fun.

ljones

First, I'll give the configuration menus a good once-over, try a built-in game or two, then set up the wireless. Then I'll figure out whether to USB some MP3s over, WiFi them, or just put them on an SD directly from a PC... Obviously some self-education there will be required to find the easiest and quickest way to do it. (I have a feeling people here already know)

I hope I get it on a Friday cause I won't be going in to work the next day. :)

Back