What's The First Thing You'll Do With Your Pandora?

First I will make large love explosion on my stummach! Then I will try to get my Bluetooth headphones to pair up. Then I intend to do a "Pandora wheelie" down the interstate while cranking some Yanni.

Play cps3 games and PS1 games, as far as there are confirmed working emus for them (I assume finalburn will play cps3 games already on Pandora). The thing about a open umpc like this is that you go as far as devs let you, so whatever I do will be in the hands of all those loving devs around the world.
Also I'll try to fit it in my trousers, which in the worst case scenario may suppose the need to purchase new bigger trousers or a vasectomy, I hope the first option is good enough though.

Well obviously in the days leading up to it's launch I'll be downloading everything emulator related and sticking it on a 16Gb SDHC Card (unless 32's are priced in a scalar manner by then) so I'll be hoping there's a TG16 emu by then so I can do a bit of Parasol Starring, then a little Yoyo's Puzzle Park on the PS1 followed by a smidge of R-Type 3 on the SNES. Then I'll have a furtle to see what's included on the internal storage.

WizardStan said:
Every single one of you is lying and you know it.
First thing you'll do is load some pr0n. Admit it!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
first thing i'll do is see whether or not my car stereo plays nice with it. :) after that i'll take it down to the pub and drink beer while browsing these forums before posting a drunken, rambling message about how the Pandora is the greatest thing ever. :lol:

Edit - and i will be sure to watch this amazing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Get it online.
2. Find the best way to emulate civ1 on it.
3. Get some music software running make some little tunes.
4. Goto 1.

I might stop to eat every now and then.

First of all I will likely try out some music and videos, and download proprietary codecs if needed.

Then I will try some SNES emulation.

Then, it's time to see if I can get TIE Fighter going. Oh yeah.

I'll probably watch some Simpsons on it, which is how ive broken in both handhelds before it. (gp32/gp2x) Then enjoy some sweet full speed Amiga gaming. ;)

Civ - Should be able to get FreeCiv up and running.

Proprietary Codecs - Could be tricky for some, there can be issues relating to the architecture (this being ARM rather than x86) and OS (a Linux derivative) which mean this may not be possible. That said most common audio/video codecs (excluding anything with DRM) have some form of open alternative. I'm not sure where things will even stand with common plugins like like Flash though. This was a definite no go for some devices until Adobe opened things up earlier this year but it's by no means a guaranteed for Pandora from the get go (unless I've missed an announcement).

Cry with joy, then try to play CTR and GT 1/2 as well as play some SNES games.

Look up po... err.... art... yes... art.....

I'm surprised no one's said "post to the Pandora forum". I think that would be a pretty awesome first thing to do with it.

Check it out and make sure it is fairly functional, then spend a lot of time playing around with what comes preinstalled and try to get used to the keyboard a bit.

Probably spend some time after that reading these forums and seeing what else is out, and then seeing what of that can help me study.

Back