When Do We See A Finished Pandora?

How would it feel to be a team of 6 guys and reading every day by aprox. 100 people every day what you are supposed to do and getting demands flung at your ears.

You should
they should give this
I demand prototypes
etc
etc

I think it would be pretty tiresome especially if in the midst of all that you are trying to bring a gadget to the world.

Bosbeetle said:
How would it feel to be a team of 6 guys and reading every day by aprox. 100 people every day what you are supposed to do and getting demands flung at your ears.

You should
they should give this
I demand prototypes
etc
etc
I think it would be pretty tiresome especially if in the midst of all that you are trying to bring a gadget to the world.

And then imagine if you could turn those 100 posts and demands into positive comments and discussions just by communicating the progress every couple of days, even with a "nothing happend since last update still waiting on X" or "Look here is a new picture..." or etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
MWeston said:
I just have the new lid section so far. I'm evaluating the hinge and LCD cable transfer to the base with this piece. Also, you can see the antenna and speaker placement. I will update with more when I can but I'm a little swamped with work these days. :)

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MW...new_FDM_lid.jpg

I think you need to adjust the vertical hold on your FDM machine :p

Bosbeetle said:
That's probably why you don't see the actual devs in this forum. They're too busy getting things done.

Chip said:
Bosbeetle said:
That's probably why you don't see the actual devs in this forum. They're too busy getting things done.

Chip my man, you just got sig'd, =]

Consequence9 said:
Chip said:
Bosbeetle said:

Well done you just placed something that is common sense into your sig. :p

Shadow of Chaos said:
Consequence9 said:
Chip said:
Bosbeetle said:

Well done you just placed something that is common sense into your sig. :p

You'd think so, but evidently common sense is pretty scarce in these parts ;]

I'm tired of reading all these whiny comments about the 'the lack of sufficient updates', so i can't even begin to imagine how tired chip & the gang are. Errbudy like 'WHERE CRAIG AT' and we all like 'WERKIN ON YER F*XING PANDORAS'..... in a manner of speaking...

Patience is a virtue.

Alot of the demands, are made as a direct result of promises made by the team failing to materialise.

Blame the bureaucrats and the bankers that created that situation... pandora dev team is doing everything humanly possible to materialise their promise, and deliver what others would have possibly not even tried doing in that kind of economic crysis.
So please respect their efforts, and help them however you can (psychologically, by coding, marketing, artistic, etc... your choice)
Don't worry I am also waiting patiently for my pandora ... and I will get it ... when its done. ;)

I'm sorry, but that is complete rubbish.

The banking delays are a result of them not being aware of the terms and conditions surrounding them!

Paypal. They're fault for not reading the terms. It wasn't the financial crisis which got those payments cancelled, it was the fact that the device wasn't going to ship in 20 days.

CC payments. Once again would have occured without the financial crisis. They just cannot be used to take payment for something which doesn't ship in 30 days (as was finally admited).

The reason all these problems occured is the fact that a couple of million was transfered into the account of a newly formed corperate entity, for a device which wasn't going to ship in 30 days (hell its now failry clear it would have been at least 90 days from payment to recieve it).
This rings alarm bells, and would have rung alarm bells whether there was a looming recession or not.

:lol: Its a team of 6 only 6 people, that has dealt with some stuff. For example running a store, etc. But never something at this scale. Mistakes of judgement are bound to happen at least lay of their backs a bit and let them get through this. On the other hand since non of them never done anything like this before and there isnt some big example of how to do it. There is no 'making pandora's & keeping custumers happy for dummies' they are managing quite well.

A lot of people here are acting as if everything should be flawless or if not everything is flawless every last bit of evidence should be dug up and made open. you cant expect craig and co to go posting bank statements or spell out every little argument between the 6 of them on the forum. Let alone all the dealings with 3th parties.

Also a lot if info that was released lately was once described by craig as "I could write a whole book about it, but I cannot tell everything just now". If your dealing with banks that dont even understand the meaning of a community driven customers base, how would you expecting them dealing 'some little company' that is blurping everything on the internetz and customers calling them (which is bound to happen) same holds for other 3rd parties. Imagine some angry forum members calling the LCD manufacturer to please send the LCDs. those things wouldnt help.

So sure this is an open 'operation' but openness has its practical limits. I advice people to lay back and enjoy the ride.

I'm not blaiming the team for it, mistakes are a part of any business cycle.

I'm just sick of people blaiming the finacial crisis, and the bankers and every other thing under the sun, when these delays would have happened at any time, and are a result of established codified procedures, not a quirk of fate, not a sadistic bank manager, and not the hand of a dark god.

maxSteiner said:
CC payments. Once again would have occured without the financial crisis. They just cannot be used to take payment for something which doesn't ship in 30 days (as was finally admited).
Bollocks. Since when do credit cards require item shipment in 30 days? I've preordered plenty of things by CC that took longer than that to be ready. The banks never cared where and how cards were used; just that they got their cut. In this case, the *destination bank*, not the card companies was the one to throw the wrench in the works.

Stop trying to come up with excuses to blame the Pandora devs, just because you can't bitch at the people who really are at fault.

craigix said:
Really the only system we are having any luck with is bank transfers, unless we actually ship something...

OR we actually ship you something with the Pandora free later on, we could ship the OS + some early software on a CD to you with the Pandora to follow.

What do you think? The credit card route is just causing us nightmares if we don't ship anything. (and in general)
Did your mother drop you a couple of times as a child?
What did you think that entire thread was about you loony?

Or is it just that you can't retain information over a week?

Craig was considering sending out a CD, because he would be able to take the £200 for the pandora, claim he was charging for that, and the transaction would go ok because something was shipped.

How about we stop blaming everyone, absolving everyone, and just await the next peice of actual news?

maxSteiner said:

Except that there's no such rule. I've paid for many things well in advance by credit card, always to reputable dealers. If it were in any way illegal, I assure you someone would have taken notice over the years. Delays happen. In fact, every single thing I've ever pre-ordered has ended up being delayed, pushing the final deliver as far as a year from my pre-order in one case. I'm convinced that the only reason Crono Trigger DS was released on time is because I got someone else to pre-order it for me this time. :p
Also, as I understand, the GP2X was purchased on pre-order, and GBAX had no problem taking those orders at the time. While it may have been foolish to think that because there weren't problems in the past, there won't be problems this time, it still is conceivable that the only reason the bank balked this time is because of the current economical situation people think they're in.

WizardStan said:
maxSteiner said:

Except that there's no such rule. I've paid for many things well in advance by credit card, always to reputable dealers. If it were in any way illegal, I assure you someone would have taken notice over the years. Delays happen. In fact, every single thing I've ever pre-ordered has ended up being delayed, pushing the final deliver as far as a year from my pre-order in one case. I'm convinced that the only reason Crono Trigger DS was released on time is because I got someone else to pre-order it for me this time. :p
Also, as I understand, the GP2X was purchased on pre-order, and GBAX had no problem taking those orders at the time. While it may have been foolish to think that because there weren't problems in the past, there won't be problems this time, it still is conceivable that the only reason the bank balked this time is because of the current economical situation people think they're in.
Once again I'd direct you to the Transfeers Transfers thread.
Craig, explicity outlines, that they cannot take that volume of sales on CC without something to ship (hence the terrible idea of a £200 CD being floated).

Its not the law, no. But it is one of the things banks look out for.
When the bank saw several million transfered into the newly formed companies bank account it set alarm bells ringing.
They look into it and discover that its all for something which doesn't exist, more alarm bells start rining once again and the money is locked.
Like I've said about 6 times, this would have happened at any time.
Financial crisis doesn't come into it, its just the banks are a little panicky when a brand new company takes a TON of money for something which as far as they can see isn't real.

Back