When Is The Real Release Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
MWeston said:
RedBaron said:
Gruso said:
Release isn't "stalled". This is just how long it takes to make something like this.

Why edit to make the font bigger?
Actually you are wrong because I use to be a electronics design engineer and this project should have taken less than 4 months from conception to on the shelf, I have dun more complicated projects in 6 weeks
So why the delay
The font bigger because I am sick of wating
Well, within four months time of starting to do the hardware layout, we HAD a working board that ran Linux and played games but what kind of dipshit would go into production at that point without doing any serious testing and software work? Probably the same person who would double their text font size to get attention. Bigger projects in six weeks; What a load! Thanks for trolling.

Well well well your from Canada, your country is using a lot of gear I have designed, just because you cant do things to a deadline there is a lot who can, if you working in the real world you would be fired
4 months you got to be kidding, I thought only NASA took that long

Last edited by a moderator:
RedBaron said:
MWeston said:
RedBaron said:
Gruso said:
Release isn't "stalled". This is just how long it takes to make something like this.

Why edit to make the font bigger?
Actually you are wrong because I use to be a electronics design engineer and this project should have taken less than 4 months from conception to on the shelf, I have dun more complicated projects in 6 weeks
So why the delay
The font bigger because I am sick of wating
Well, within four months time of starting to do the hardware layout, we HAD a working board that ran Linux and played games but what kind of dipshit would go into production at that point without doing any serious testing and software work? Probably the same person who would double their text font size to get attention. Bigger projects in six weeks; What a load! Thanks for trolling.

Well well well your from Canada, your country is using a lot of gear I have designed, just because you cant do things to a deadline there is a lot who can, if you working in the real world you would be fired
4 months you got to be kidding, I thought only NASA took that long
banhammer_forecast.gif

MDave said:
Open Pandora are not Nintendo. They don't have the massive departments full of people in lab coats working on the next handheld on their list with pockets brimming with cash.

Yet.

;)

They have at least $1,400,000 USD from sales alone... I don't think they are lacking too much...

Sick of waiting? Don't make me laugh...

It's sad today's "Electronics Design Engineers" use sentence structure like, "I use to be a electronics design engineer," and, "I have dun more complicated projects..."

You may be a genius in engineering, but essentially useless in common knowledge and comprehension.

aesir911 said:
MDave said:
Open Pandora are not Nintendo. They don't have the massive departments full of people in lab coats working on the next handheld on their list with pockets brimming with cash.

Yet.

;)

They have at least $1,400,000 USD from sales alone... I don't think they are lacking too much...

If you would do a little background reading about the project, all the funds that we have given them so far have gone into the production of the product. How much do you think this project actually costs? This isn't a science fair project...

The OpenPandora team doesn't see any principal revenue from this first batch.

MrBlais said:

It's sad today's "Electronics Design Engineers" use sentence structure like, "I use to be a electronics design engineer," and, "I have dun more complicated projects..."

You may be a genius in engineering, but essentially useless in common knowledge and comprehension.
It is obvious you have never been in the electronics manufacturing industry jugging by your comment,
your comment confirm you are an idiot and should keep your mouth shut

RedBaron said:
MrBlais said:

It is obvious you have never been in the electronics manufacturing industry jugging by your comment,

Haha - OMG, "Jugging"... You, sir, are the idiot! It doesn't matter if I have been to a manufacturing plant or not, you need to go back to school... Your relevancy has been nullified!

RedBaron, were any of your projects cutting-edge mobile technology with a couple of people around the world without corporate funding/status and during an economical collapse?

RedBaron said:

Likewise.

Large companies do have the money and the luxury of time but the small R&D company do not have ether, so they get on with it, make a better product and finish before the set deadline

MrBlais said:
RedBaron said:
MrBlais said:

Why do you bother in replying? You are obviously here to stir up sh*t.

Did you mean to say judging or juggling?

Unless you have something remotely interesting, relevant or at least witty to say, go back and play some Warcraft.

southpark.jpg

(No offence to other anyone else here who plays Warcraft :p )

MrBlais said:
RedBaron said:
MrBlais said:

Haha - OMG, "Jugging"... You, sir, are the idiot! It doesn't matter if I have been to a manufacturing plant or not, you need to go back to school... Your relevancy has been nullified!

You gotta be kidding me. You realize he was kidding, right? Or are you an absolute dummy?

RedBaron said:
Large companies do have the money and the luxury of time but the small R&D company do not have ether, so they get on with it, make a better product and finish before the set deadline

There is no deadline. The deadline was always that it would be released when they felt the quality and usability was up to expectations, and no sooner. They wanted to make sure that there were no issues the first time around, so that they could easily make subsequent batches and not have to pay more to fix bad molds or redesign PCBs.

If that doesn't make sense to you, stop belaboring the point. No offense, but nobody terribly cares if you're impatient. They also care even less when you whine, insult them, and post in obnoxious fonts.

EDIT: @aesir: I see NOTHING in his post that seems like sarcasm or humor. Seems dead serious to me.

hum, is it the right place to feed the tr... hum... redBaron?

Vorporeal said:
RedBaron said:

EDIT: @aesir: I see NOTHING in his post that seems like sarcasm or humor. Seems dead serious to me.

in that case, he needs to stop... the waiting may be frustrating, but it isn't that frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back