When Is The Real Release Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
aesir911 said:
MWeston said:
aesir911 said:
agreed... after spending a fortune on this device, it must should be expected of the company to provide us with an exact date, not a loose "whenever".
Have you ever dealt with companies in China? If not, then you won't understand why it is so hard to nail down actual dates. I can't even get a question answered for a different project that I started asking about back in September. It's like talking to a Genie that grants you one wish and then ignores you the rest of the week.

I have dealt with China more than you know... it's disgusting, isn't it? I thought this "company" was in England though, not China. I was disappointed that they are making these moulds in China. Earlier posts from EvilDragon said they were to be made in Texas rather than China because...well...it's China. They are cheap because they use cheap materials, cheap labor, and the list goes on...

I believe it has been said that the PCBs (at least) are also being made in China, but that they are of a very high standard IIRC.YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
All the test FDM CNC etc. cases were. But the moulds, well, China is the only place to do them right now. Everything else is done in the west.

Not everything, not the PCBs. Let's not open this can of worms again ;P

Exophase said:
craigix said:
All the test FDM CNC etc. cases were. But the moulds, well, China is the only place to do them right now. Everything else is done in the west.

They better not make the PCboards in Chinaville...

aesir911 said:

Yeah, they BETTER NOT, or else, or else.. you might.. not buy one? Oh, is that all? That doesn't sound that scary afterall, nevermind.

What's with all the prejudice.. just because something is made in China doesn't mean it sucks. Face reality, a lot of parts in the things you use come from China and you probably didn't even know it.

Exophase said:
aesir911 said:

Yeah, they BETTER NOT, or else, or else.. you might.. not buy one? Oh, is that all? That doesn't sound that scary afterall, nevermind.

What's with all the prejudice.. just because something is made in China doesn't mean it sucks. Face reality, a lot of parts in the things you use come from China and you probably didn't even know it.

Such as the dingoo, many ds games in circulation (pirates), and the gpx wiz? Yeah, I love China, I just hate how long they take...

aesir911 said:
Such as the dingoo, many ds games in circulation (pirates), and the gpx wiz? Yeah, I love China, I just hate how long they take...

The Wiz is made in South Korea, not China :| Get your crap straight. I can't believe you even mentioned pirate carts.

Last post it was about everything they make being done with cheap parts and bad labor, now it's about taking a long time? Damn near everything electronic that's more complex than a diode has a long lead time, welcome to the industry.

Exophase said:
aesir911 said:

The Wiz is made in South Korea, not China :| Get your crap straight. I can't believe you even mentioned pirate carts.

Last post it was about everything they make being done with cheap parts and bad labor, now it's about taking a long time? Damn near everything electronic that's more complex than a diode has a long lead time, welcome to the industry.

i like your passion... (i realized the gpx wiz thing was made in south korea, but i thought you'd get the point... i thought wrong...)

Exophase said:
aesir911 said:

Most take a long time, but most don't take your money without giving you a release date... (yes, cheap parts, bad labor, and long production times are all downers - I'm not saying there's no good aspects though)

I have a hard time trying to compare Chinese stuff to the rest of the world's stuff because there isn't much of other countries' stuff to compare it to... ;)

craigix said:
You should probably get excited when you hear that Michael is in Dallas, which will be sometime in november.

Nope i aint going to jinx it. Im going to pretend not to care ;)

craigix said:
You should probably get excited when you hear that Michael is in Dallas, which will be sometime in november.
All aboard the hype train!

6ps1sx.jpg

Sometime in November, he will be in Dallas? So is he going to load them up in his personal jet and deliver each one to the kids around the world? No? Oh I see then.

You may as well just keep saying "two more months"

On the chineese topic. Everything made in china. It's a reality! Motorolla phone lying near by - says on the back - made in china. Iphone - assembled in china. Jabra headphones - made in china. Logitech keyboard - made in china. LG monitor - assembled in china. Dlink router - made in china. We live in a world that is being made in china!

Abd I dont have a problem with that, exept when china uses it's own designs to produce stuff.

if i dont get my pandora by xmas i think im goan explode , / buy a touch book or smart q 5

Hotcooler said:
On the chineese topic. Everything made in china. It's a reality! Motorolla phone lying near by - says on the back - made in china. Iphone - assembled in china. Jabra headphones - made in china. Logitech keyboard - made in china. LG monitor - assembled in china. Dlink router - made in china. We live in a world that is being made in china!

Abd I dont have a problem with that, exept when china uses it's own designs to produce stuff.

China owns the world. The United States is owned by them right now too, due to the "loans" we took from them. That is why they take so long at producing items!

muchalucha said:
if i dont get my pandora by xmas i think im goan explode , / buy a touch book or smart q 5

Please! Please do not buy a smart q! Wait for a real tablet to come out. Satisfy your gaming urges with the onestation, dingoo, or gpx wiz!

aesir911 said:
Earlier posts from EvilDragon said they were to be made in Texas
Exophase said:
craigix said:

Not that it matters any more than if they were made by Scientologists out of Human Faeces, but ..

http://openpandora.wordpress.com/2009/01/26/official-blog-chinese-new-year-delays-wifi-working/

Just one of many references to the CNC cases being made in China.

aesir911 said:
muchalucha said:

Please! Please do not buy a smart q! Wait for a real tablet to come out. Satisfy your gaming urges with the onestation, dingoo, or gpx wiz!

Stop purposely multi-posting. You've done it multiple times in this thread, and once is already too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back