When Is The Real Release Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix said:
I just expect something to go wrong
Confirmed: Craig's spirits have been shattered, leaving him a dry, empty husk of his former self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary13579 said:
B-ZaR said:
$ python -c "print 'The pandora will be ready %i.11.2009' % __import__('random').randint(1,31)"
The pandora will be ready 24.11.2009

gary@snuggles:~/qqbot/bin/Debug$ python -c "print 'The pandora will be ready %i.11.2009' % __import__('random').randint(1,31)"
The pandora will be ready 31.11.2009

*coughs*

You both lie:

H:\>python -c "print 'The pandora will be ready %i.11.2009' % __import__('random').randint(1,31)"
The pandora will be ready 2.11.2009

:)

Steve

Gary13579 said:
B-ZaR said:
$ python -c "print 'The pandora will be ready %i.11.2009' % __import__('random').randint(1,31)"

gary@snuggles:~/qqbot/bin/Debug$ python -c "print 'The pandora will be ready %i.11.2009' % __import__('random').randint(1,31)"

*coughs*

The pandora will NEVER be released!!! See what you've done, now, Pope Gregory XIII?

</sarcasm>

Rockthesmurf said:
Gary13579 said:
B-ZaR said:

*coughs*

You both lie:

H:\>python -c "print 'The pandora will be ready %i.11.2009' % __import__('random').randint(1,31)"
The pandora will be ready 2.11.2009

:)

Steve

Look up the date I posted on a calendar.

Balzac2m said:
A friend of mine registered openscamdora.org just to mock me.
Which might be funny if it actually did anything. I'm disappointed now. :(

WizardStan said:
Balzac2m said:
A friend of mine registered openscamdora.org just to mock me.
Which might be funny if it actually did anything. I'm disappointed now. :(

Well, i got an e-mail address with this domain. ;)
Guess he was just to lazy to mock me more :(

If the cases are good then things will probably work out. But there seems to always be *something* which gets in the way. Good thing we have a spare month+ before Christmas to deal with anything like that.

aesir911 said:
Everyone says Christmas the Pandora Handheld will be shipped out. Is this reliable? will it be sooner (fat chance) or much much later? I'm just nervous about my precious $330some dollars...

I don't think it was planned out like this, but at this point, the original buyers who pre-paid are essentially unpaid investors. To make matters worse, you paid significantly more than someone who buys today and most likely significantly more than people who buy after it comes out. The reason for that is that you paid with dollars that were worth significantly more than today. The worst case is that you paid in March 09 when the dollar was trading at nearly 90 (today it's at 75). I certainly don't blame the OP team for it, but it does show the folly of paying for something far in advance. OTOH, if the dollar keeps falling the price may have to go up and then you locked in at a lower (nominal) price.

Does anyone know if they plan on doing a second batch? Presumably it will be much faster since all the engineering will be done.

Chris

craigix said:
If the cases are good then things will probably work out. But there seems to always be *something* which gets in the way. Good thing we have a spare month+ before Christmas to deal with anything like that.

i forsee 4000 youtube videos mimicking the n64 kid on christmas day

OMG OPEN PANDORA!!!!

Christo930 > http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50093-another-8000-nubs-to-go/

christo930 said:
snip.

Does anyone know if they plan on doing a second batch? Presumably it will be much faster since all the engineering will be done.

Chris

See the 8000 additional nubs thread(Should be on 1st page), simple answer is yes there is a 2nd batch planned, at least 28 weeks from now as an estimate.

B-ZaR said:

Now we know why there is so many bugs in software! Remember:30 days has September...

Bosbeetle said:
Its always this mr. murphy that screws things up.

In England, his duties are taken over my a chap by the name of "Mr. Sod".

Loonie said:
Bosbeetle said:
Its always this mr. murphy that screws things up.

In England, his duties are taken over my a chap by the name of "Mr. Sod".
Except that Murphy was a real person, and his law was referring to a specific engineer he knew.
Your "Mr. Sod" is a made up anthropomorphism of repeated failure. :p

WizardStan said:
Except that Murphy was a real person, and his law was referring to a specific engineer he knew.
Your "Mr. Sod" is a made up anthropomorphism of repeated failure. :p

Mister Sod is real I tell you!! As real as you or I!! Tell him, Craig! Tell him Mr. Sod exists.

craigix said:

Spares are good to have.

Hello,

No matter when, it'll always be too long for me. I just can't wait.

As you can see on my profile, I've been waiting for it since 2006. Before even Craigix knew about the Pandora !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back