Where are we now?

That was the main reason I wasn't seen that much here or elsewhere - I'm basically working all the time.
So, you work MORE during the Corona crisis than less, unlike many other people? Wow, that's rare these days. Are you sure you are not from a mirror universe where everything is the opposite of our universe? ;)
Well, we still need to coat the cases and make a final color decision.
ONE decission? I thought the Pyra will get various colour options anyways? Could be old news of course, I don't follow the project that much anymore.
Just choose a colour that does not look cheap. ^^

I've been thinking that we are two months away for the last 6 years, so long.

@EvilDragon
Can you coat the logo plate with the case?

I remember at first the logo was supposed to be just a cutout in the lid but the plastic was too soft, then it was supposed to be a metal plate annodized in black.
I don't know why you decided to go for a metal coloured plastic, I suppose it's because it can adapt to different lid colors.

The logo is too visible IMO and not very aesthetic.
If it could be sticked before the coating, it would look like it was originally planned and probably much better, maybe try it with the samples ?

And then that one month will only take 3 years. I guess it's like dog years except these are dragon months. Dragons live longer so one dragon month is 3 human years.
That's very good! May I add that to the Book of the Dragon?

Are you sure you are not from a mirror universe where everything is the opposite of our universe? ;)
Of course he is, and we might be as well. After all, from an exterior point of view, we're all waiting for the late release of an obsolete palmtop with lackluster software support like it's the 1990s again. And we couldn't be more excited !

Of course he is, and we might be as well. After all, from an exterior point of view, we're all waiting for the late release of an obsolete palmtop with lackluster software support like it's the 1990s again. And we couldn't be more excited !

Exactly this! We're waiting for something that has been taking years to develop, and I'll be hoping to still be using my Pyra for many years after. It reminds me of those older gadgets which you would use for years at a time (I still use my Amiga).

That's the exact antithesis of modern consumer electronics, where it's basically obsolete 2 months after release, and/or has "planned obsolescence" up until a maximum of 1 year (if you're lucky). The latest android phone no longer excites me, as it's simply tomorrow's landfill.

Uh what’s going on here?
Very weird...

(I didn’t write or quote the “are you sure you are not from a mirror universe...”; @fusion_power did!)

Attachments

• 6D1B7E43-F3E7-47D6-B979-D6E6FA8744C9.jpeg
    6D1B7E43-F3E7-47D6-B979-D6E6FA8744C9.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 162D27EC-4F58-4DB4-9307-C4095788124A.jpeg
    162D27EC-4F58-4DB4-9307-C4095788124A.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 6CA855C8-B309-412A-9662-DAE7FF5861CB.jpeg
    6CA855C8-B309-412A-9662-DAE7FF5861CB.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 262
Exactly this! We're waiting for something that has been taking years to develop, and I'll be hoping to still be using my Pyra for many years after. It reminds me of those older gadgets which you would use for years at a time (I still use my Amiga).

That's the exact antithesis of modern consumer electronics, where it's basically obsolete 2 months after release, and/or has "planned obsolescence" up until a maximum of 1 year (if you're lucky). The latest android phone no longer excites me, as it's simply tomorrow's landfill.
In my experience, you can only continue to use old kit reliably that isn't connected to the internet, at least without updating it regularly. That's less true with unusual kit that isn't a big attack surface, like Amigas and such I guess, but I guess if you could still get a malformed packet to it it'd crash it. But phones these days run so many services and are so secretive about their updates that you don't know if you're compromisable at any time. I personally am running a kind of feature phone (that these days at least has a 3.5mm headphone jack and plays mp3s, so I can still use it for more than phone calls). I guess bad texts can still crash it, but the mp3 player crashes by itself sometimes so that's not a big thing. The only personal data on it is a few text messages.

But phones these days run so many services and are so secretive about their updates that you don't know if you're compromisable at any time.
Modern phones use "trust me, bro" security. It's the kind of security where they say that they are really secure and despite the fact that they do everything in their power to prevent you from checking their claim you're supposed to just trust them.

Back