Where''s The Keyboard?

for christs sake people, let it go. he said MAYBE... not, "HEY GUYS WHO WANTS AN EARLY PANDORA".
and fucking LOL at the people who havent even ordered, but want a "test" pandora anyway. get a grip!

'gibberish' said:
for christs sake people, let it go. he said MAYBE... not, "HEY GUYS WHO WANTS AN EARLY PANDORA".
{cough} is this thing on? [cough}

CONFIRMED: Pqndora delayed by 2 weeks as 200 test units sent out to latecomers who didn't even order one.

'gibberish' said:
and fucking LOL at the people who havent even ordered, but want a "test" pandora anyway. get a grip!
Awww common - you've got to admire their hutzbah!

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I'm near the start of the queue for the first 200 - but as much as I'd like one, I know for a fact that I won't be able to dedicate the time required to give it a proper test at the moment, so I'd not actually be a good pick for a tester.
I'm sure there are others in the list of pre-orders who'd be in the same boat, so just picking the first 200 isn't necessarily going to garner the best test feedback.

'Monk' said:
'gibberish' said:

CONFIRMED: Pqndora delayed by 2 weeks as 200 test units sent out to latecomers who didn't even order one.

'gibberish' said:

Nice try at using a yiddish word - it's spelt chutzpah you goy. ;)

'Vorporeal' said:
'Monk' said:
'gibberish' said:

'gibberish' said:

Interesting. Hutzbah was the spellinmg that Google suggested I use when I tried searching on the definition to make sure I was using the word correctly. The problem with using The Internet as a research resource however is that even considerable shlepping (shelping? Etc.) can result in numerous hits that look reasonably genuine and yet are still not correct. I apologise - I had a stab at ensuring what I said was intelligable, but I apparently missed, for you at least :(

I would certainly get in on testing the keyboard. As others have stated, if they break during testing and we are given replacements, what's the harm. I'm used to things not quite working my way, I use gentoo... And I think I am pretty near the beginning of the queue, think I ordered within the first 2-3 hours or something like that. Anyway, only if they are taking volunteers(guinea pigs!?).

JDGBOLT

Bosbeetle said:
'craigix' said:
Michael has the only keyboard prototype.

The final version, ie mass production keyboard is coming soon.

Rubber is a very difficult material to make prototypes with.
How come it grows on (in) trees

;)

Nice to hear everything is really comming together, is end of april still a safe estimation for the first mass produced units ?

Rubber used to come from tree's but it was not as robust as it is today. now rubber is a petroleum product, you will be hard pressed to find a rubber product today made with the tree sap like the original rubber.

Who would say no to this, right?

However this works out -- IF OP decides to ask for volunteers -- where you (think) you are on the queue may be WAY off. Remember that the servers were overloaded when all the orders flooded in. I know I ordered within the first 20 minutes, but given all the orders, I may have been order number 1081, not 154.

It matters not to me. I would hope that if OP does offer test pandoras, the testers would have the good sense not to advertise their highly-coveted prize on these boards to prevent unnecessary bickering ("NO FAIR! I WANTED A TEST PANDORA!!1!!" etc.).

'Monk' said:
Interesting. Hutzbah was the spellinmg that Google suggested I use when I tried searching on the definition to make sure I was using the word correctly.
Did Google suggest "spellinmg" as well?

Oh I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's Monday and I couldn't resist. :p

'Loonie' said:
'Monk' said:
Interesting. Hutzbah was the spellinmg that Google suggested I use when I tried searching on the definition to make sure I was using the word correctly.
In fact, this is a hebrew word.

חוצפה

'Monk' said:
'Vorporeal' said:
'Monk' said:
'gibberish' said:

'gibberish' said:

Interesting. Hutzbah was the spellinmg that Google suggested I use when I tried searching on the definition to make sure I was using the word correctly. The problem with using The Internet as a research resource however is that even considerable shlepping (shelping? Etc.) can result in numerous hits that look reasonably genuine and yet are still not correct. I apologise - I had a stab at ensuring what I said was intelligable, but I apparently missed, for you at least :(

I'm not a spelling nazi, hence the wink of sarcasm.

@cronopio: I didn't know that it was a Hebrew word. Something tells me that it's both Hebrew and Yiddish (which wouldn't surprise me in the least).

(After a quick look at Wikipedia, it looks like it entered English and Yiddish from Hebrew (or maybe English from Yiddish, dunno), and then it entered Polish from Yiddish. Interesting.)

Back on topic... ;)

'cronopio' said:
'Loonie' said:
'Monk' said:
In fact, this is a hebrew word.

חוצפה

Ah! I must admit, I wondered rather whether someone would come up with the CORRECT word, given that "the real deal" doesn't use the "English" alphabet. Of course, I've no idea if you're right or not but I AM suitably impressed that you've not only done it but you've posted without a hint of negativity (not an easy feat to achieve on a forum, IMHO). Bravo!

'Vorporeal' said:
Back on topic... ;)
Ah! Optimism! :D

Back