Where''s The Keyboard?

I'd be happy to test one also (I've pre ordered and :) I think I'm quite high up in the queue) again as long as I get a replacement if there is an issue with it.

I agree it's nice seeing the whole project coming together at long last. Great work and thanks Ed and co for your cool videos and unique sense of humour :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Volunteers? I'm in between classes for a couple of months so I have plenty of free time, anything to help the project!

Hey! Count me in on any early testing scheme, as long as any I get any defective hardware replaced, too!

Maybe it will be the first 200 people who pre-ordered the first time? I pre-ordered faster the first time but not as fast as I had hoped due to my cash cards not being where I thought they were on the day ;)

'danboid' said:
Hey! Count me in on any early testing scheme, as long as any I get any defective hardware replaced, too!

Maybe it will be the first 200 people who pre-ordered the first time? I pre-ordered faster the first time but not as fast as I had hoped due to my cash cards not being where I thought they were on the day ;)
I think that there's not a lack of volunteers here and you could pick people for this any way you see fit (first 200 sounds ok - but then i'm out :( ), but anyways count me in as a tester if "needed".

200 volunteers for keymat test? I'm vote for it and I'm not a volunteer, due to lack of time. But please, take 100 hard gamers and 100 hard typers (writers). So keymat will have been tested well.

i'd just like to throw in my volunteering for one of these test units. i'd be typing notes on it a lot, listening to music, ps1 emulation, all that.
I'm also probably relatively close to the beginning of the queue. (~10:00 first day of preorders)

I would be more than happy to test the unit and provide feedback. I have pre-ordered and am on the list to be a distributor.

Does being a Canadian have any pull ??? :p

Thanks,

David...

I am hereby declaring my volunteration to become a member of the Hardware Precision Squad of Two Hundred. I've preordered and have an application in the works.

This is totally reminiscent of the AOL "Me too!" phenomenon. Craig just said that....
'craigix' said:
It really DEPENDS on how we roll out the MP units, WE MIGHT ask for volunteers, say 200, to take delivery and use them intensely for a couple of weeks to try to find any faults.

I think you should simply take the first 200 orders and send them their Pandoras. Give them a test protocol and ask them to record failures in a test report. You could use a template for the report obviously. This is a very unique opportunity to try to stress test the product before a full scale product release. The test protocol would contain tests thay you believe will maximise the stress on the product over the 2 weeks. For example mechanical stability of ports - fitting and removing sd cards 50 times a time. Record any sticking of the card or catastrophic failure....blah,blah,blah. You guys are Engineers so you know how it works. It something that I often have to write up at work for characterising products and generating good-in test protocols for the QA department. I think that would be the best method so that you have consistency of testing across the 200 units.

Of course, the first 200 people would have to agree to do this testing and send back the results. Otherwise their test base could be extremely small. I'd think that they would ask the first 200 people, see how many accept and how many spots are available, ask the next many people (equal to the available spots) and so on till there are 200 people willing to do the testing.

I would love to put a pandora through hell for a couple weeks (It's gonna happen anyways and for alot longer...)

'Vorporeal' said:
Of course, the first 200 people would have to agree to do this testing and send back the results. Otherwise their test base could be extremely small. I'd think that they would ask the first 200 people, see how many accept and how many spots are available, ask the next many people (equal to the available spots) and so on till there are 200 people willing to do the testing.
right, that's what I was thinkin, that way there's no need for another refresh war or moaning over queue.

On that note, count me in! (if i'm in the 200)

I'm in the back of the 1. batch line, so I'd be glad to test vigorously if it gets my hands on a pandora sooner. :)

I missed out on the first batch (*sigh*) but am planning on getting in an order to batch 2.

If I got my hands on a test machine, I'd be giving it a good few hours every day of heavy coding on the thing (which I guess would also involve setting up a dev environment that actually works on the device!)

My office isn't that far away from Craig's location either, which is probably a bonus

If you're just looking for anyone who is going to be using it a hell of a lot, then I'll throw my hat into the ring also. If we're throwing hats into the ring.

If it's to the first 200 who preordered, I'm failry confident on that score too. \^_\^

Back