Which Os Can Be Installed In Pandora?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Pirated OS?

Any OS compatible with ARM Cortex will work with appropriate drivers. From your other topic, I'm also going to say that this will exclude Windows Vista. Think Linux and "Windows Mobile if someone pays the licensing fees" (eg. highly unlikely).

To explain how to install any pirated software would be against board rules.

To save you time, NO Vista cannot be installed on Pandora - buy a UMPC instead with Vista pre-installed if it is that important to you.

Also, buy your own software instead of stealing it. Aaaar :p

maybe hes talking about pirated source for Operating systems :p

hasnt the win 2000 source been leaked few years back? :D

Wonder if the author of Pc: Bochs (A windows 95 emulator) will do something for the Pandora. Don't know how good it was as I never tried it on the Gp2x. It took like 6 minutes to boot up. I'll be sticking with the OS that comes on the Pandora tho I think.

I've heard on secret irc channels (I can't say which ones, sorry!) that there's an illegal torrent of encrypted pirated debian somewhere on thepiratebay. I've heard that it's potato! I'm sure that it will work after basic porting to ARM :ph34r:

What OS can be installed?

Anything you can put on an SD card and boot into.
Basically, any ARM port of a Linux-based distro, maybe FreeBSD [I dunno what archs they support]

Why do that though? I guess there may be some decent CE software out there but how much is made that's compatible in comparison to the Linux stuff out there?

I am a little ambivalent on piracy myself. I switched to Linux because I prefer the open source mindset to that of proprietary software.

The only exception to this is that I do use windows for some games, but I buy all my games.

I've found that most pirates are pirating things they couldn't really afford in the first place. I remember downloading 3dsmax/etc. a few years ago. I certainly didn't have the thousands of dollars it cost to purchase it. If I want to use something for this now, I use blender. I don't need to pirate photo-shop because GIMP is a perfectly acceptable open source alternative. If you are pirating because of the high prices of some software I really think you should at least check out the open source alternatives that exist. Many of them are very good and they won't get better without support. They also probably won't get better without users, because many people develop open software because they like to see people getting use out of it. They usually aren't doing it for the money.

[Off topic yet relevant]
Well... So far your 2 posts don't put you in a very high standing with the community. I personally think that you should be banned as I'm fairly certain we have rules against pirating.

[On topic]
Only OS that will work with the Pandora will be any OS that works with the Arm processor and is open source.
You will see Angstrom on the Pandora, with the possibility of Ubuntu and any other open source OS.

V***a would be the most retarded OS to put on the Pandora.

Pirated OS downloaded through a hard drive? Yeah along with kittens that can fly through water with flippers as ears and a giant toad to back him up on a Wednesday.

Mods mind implementing an audio preview button?

Xanas: most GPS systems are arm based and run software on top of Windows CE. If you were to hook up a USB GPS to the Pandora and pirate the software too, you'd be set.

fischju2000 said:
If you want to pirate an OS, Windows CE is your only option
Could probably pirate whatever OS X derivative runs on iPhones, although that would be somewhat less sensible than your suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
PhillipJ said:
fischju2000 said:
Could probably pirate whatever OS X derivative runs on iPhones, although that would be somewhat less sensible than your suggestion.

Wouldn't work - the drivers aren't available. You think Apple would be silly enough to not lock down the iPhone firmware to a point at which that isn't possible?

Vorporeal said:
PhillipJ said:
fischju2000 said:

Wouldn't work - the drivers aren't available. You think Apple would be silly enough to not lock down the iPhone firmware to a point at which that isn't possible?

Didn't say it would work, the OP just seemed like he really really wanted to pirate something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back