Which Version Of Tetris Do You Like The Most?

My vote goes to Duotris on the Commodore 64.

It may not be the most flashy version but it is the only version I know of that has a 2 player co-operative mode.

And the music simply rocks. It's the only Tetris, variant or otherwise that I have gone into a trance-like state while playing.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 13 2006 at 08:27 AM said:
mattmagoo posted on Feb 12 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
Disney's Magical Tetris Challenge - it rocks, thats all you need to know

No it's not! What platform is it on? :)
It appears to be on the GB Color and it's called "Magical Tetris Challenge".
I haven't played it so I'm still wondering if matt is pulling our legs or not. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio posted on Feb 13 2006 at 05:26 PM said:
BaDToaD posted on Feb 13 2006 at 08:27 AM said:
mattmagoo posted on Feb 12 2006 at 08:28 PM said:
Disney's Magical Tetris Challenge - it rocks, thats all you need to know

No it's not! What platform is it on? :)
I haven't played it so I'm still wondering if matt is pulling our legs or not. ;)

I just checked on GameStats (to prove a point) and the average press score for the game was 9.2 IGN even gave it 10

I've gotta say its great fun, and there are so many modes, don't worry bout the disney image, this is made by capcom and its as hardcore as they come (except for grandmaster, thats just stupid)

trooper posted on Feb 12 2006 at 10:06 PM said:
BlockOut on mame, Great game. :D

Trooper

Then you shoudl have said this on my excellent "Mame High Scores" thread, wgich has now sadly dropped off the bottom off the list...

You turnips!

(Trooper for Mod)

mattmagoo posted on Feb 13 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
Radio posted on Feb 13 2006 at 05:26 PM said:
I just checked on GameStats (to prove a point) and the average press score for the game was 9.2 IGN even gave it 10

I've gotta say its great fun, and there are so many modes, don't worry bout the disney image, this is made by capcom and its as hardcore as they come (except for grandmaster, thats just stupid)
I'll have to check it out then. ;)
I wasn't sure if you were being tongue in cheek or not. Some Disney titles are classics but there are a few turds as well.

My fav is Ztris on my TI-83

the gameplay is intact and it's the easiet version to play in class

Radio said:
Oh and going to bed at night and still seeing tetris blocks was a bit disturbing. blink.gif
Yep, those tetris shapes that glow on your retinas aren't all fun and games after all sad.gif

- Alex

Shit I used to get that with the DDR arrows :lol:

I imagine being able to play tetris competitively any time will be super fun, but will it be as good as lumines.

I mean tetris is old hat and whilst still fun is still like 20 or so years old, what I want these days is to go into a trance whilst playing games but hmmm... will it work?!

also I will be doing this: taking the day its released off of work so it better!

mattmagoo posted on Feb 13 2006 at 06:58 PM said:

GIT! :p

Sorry but I had to say it. I'm now totally addicted to this damn version on Rlyehs Fday gb emulator. Arrrgh... must go finish game...

Back