Who Thinks They Should Bring Back These Cartoons?

I knew this was a good idea starting this topic as its allowed me to remember countless other cartoons that I completely forgot about that I loved when I was younger.

Have to disagree with who ever it was that said if u were to go back and watch the old cartoons again u'd see they are just as terrible as cartoons nowadays. I began watching Thundercats again along with samurai pizza cats and i have to say, its much better than the cartoons now even though its 20 years old. The passion that the artists had for their work back then when creating these classics is non existant now as animators just look to churn out countless episodes of crappy shows that kids will only watch because they dont know any better. The only people in the world that have the passion for creating animation with out the use of pc's are miyazaki and that french guy who did belleveuz rendevuez.

yea i agree with you ganepark - watching those cartoons now is still a pleasure. i'm 20 now and i started downloading/buying all episodes of spiderman/turtles/saber-rider/galaxy rangers - more stuff will soon come i guess. i really am proud to be part of this generation and not of the tv generation now. in 10 years they will have nothing to report.

imagine that:

guy 1: hey i watched pokemon again, you know that series from 10 years ago! great stuff! i have all 3225 episodes on advanced blu-ray.
guy 2: ah yea you mean that digimon stuff, yea really great.
guy 1: no i mean pokemon, i guess, you know with little monsters, err, in balls.
guy 2: ah yea and weren't there cards? you know to duel.. or something..
guy 1: yea maybe... or was that pokemon 3000 - the sequel to mega-pokemon and pokemonXD?
guy 2: i guess it was. and you could play all 47 games released on the sony psp3.
guy 1: it was 48. you missed super-pokemon-mega-challenge-ranger-XP-yellowish-leaf-green-edition.
guy 2: aaaah yes you're right. you really know all about that yugimon stuff.
guy 1: digimon!
guy 2: yea right digimon. with pokatchi. of course.

see... stupid.
cowabunga!

Actually the original Loony Tunes beat them all. My boyfriend and I have quite a collection of them too!

I'd have to agree. These are probably my all time favourite toons. They are so clever and well drawn. As in really drawn, not comp-gen. It's the characterization that make's 'em.

I also like Robotech, although I've just started watching the original Japanese version Macross - so much better!
The story is full of holes but for it's time it's quite entertaining. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite looney tunes episode has to be either the operatic one with bugs bunny and elmer fudd that end with fudd carrying bugs down some stair because he thinks he's dead. Or the one where Fudd is hunting Bugs and the keep having different hats fall on their heads and take on the roles of the people that would wear those hats.

My favourite looney tunes episode has to be either the operatic one with bugs bunny and elmer fudd that end with fudd carrying bugs down some stair because he thinks he's dead. Or the one where Fudd is hunting Bugs and the keep having different hats fall on their heads and take on the roles of the people that would wear those hats.
Kill the Wabbit, Kill the wabbit, Kill the... Wait, I think I have those episodes somewhere....

Children of the sun
See your time has just begun
Searching for your ways
Through adventures every day

Every day and night
With the condor we'll fight
With all your friends in tow
Search for the Cities of Gold

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Wishing for the Cities Of Gold...
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Someday we will find the Cities Of Gold!

Do-do-do-do-do
Ah, Ah, Ah!
Do-do-do-do-do
Cities Of Gold!
Do-do-do-do-do
Cities Of Gold!

Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah
Someday we will find the Cities Of Gold!

Kill the Wabbit, Kill the wabbit, Kill the... Wait, I think I have those episodes somewhere....

I think any of those cartoons with Daffy Duck and Porky together were my favorites. I think they were the best comedy team of all time. My momma done told me.........

I think any of those cartoons with Daffy Duck and Porky together were my favorites. I think they were the best comedy team of all time. My momma done told me.........
Agreed, I love Daffy and Porky together, My fave cartoon of those two is "Prize Pest" Where Porky wins a grand prize - Daffy duck. Daffy then pretends to have a split personality turning himself into a nasty monster by ruffling his head feathers, making his eyes go weird and inserting false teeth whenever Porky does something he doesn't like, it's hilarious!!

I also love the ones with Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam together, Sam is such a fiery character and easy to rile :)

Oddly enough, My favourite Loony Tunes cartoon doesn't even have any of those in them at all. It's called "Canned Feud" and stars Sylvester the cat and an anonymous mouse. Sylvester gets locked in the house when his owners go on holiday for two weeks, but no worries as he has plenty of cat food. The only problem is that the mouse has stolen the only can opener, and he really runs rings around Sylvester, very clever cartoon and extremely funny.

One thing I have noticed, when I was a girl I didn't appreciate the cartoons for what they were, they were just funny at the time. But now I can see all the effort that has gone into creating these masterpieces. The crazy gags, amazing animation and musical scores that went into the originals were awesome. Also if you look carefully, there's lots of hidden things on signs etc relating the the cartoons creators. Friz Freleng pops up everywhere.

The downside is that the newer Loony Tunes were terrible: The jokes were just copies of old ones, the comedy timing is completely off as they pad out a single joke to make up the length of the cartoon as they have no original ideas. Everything about them sucks. Gimme the originals any day.

Another interesting fact is that you can get a few boxed sets of Loony Tunes on DVD, and a lot of them are missing classics as Warner Bros really do not know what they have got in their own vaults until they actually come across them. In other words, they were never originally cataloged. I'm sure we will see some amazing masterpieces on DVD in the near future.

:)

Back