Who Thinks They Should Bring Back These Cartoons?

Yay, I've returned! Thanks Hando and mods :D

Anyway, cartoons they should bring back are the classic Nick shows, such as Rocko's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy. Man, back in the day that was all I watched!

I got a few bootleg dvds of Rocko. Too bad they haven't released an official, nice quality set though :angry:

Anyway, cartoons they should bring back are the classic Nick shows, such as Rocko's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy. Man, back in the day that was all I watched!

I got a few bootleg dvds of Rocko. Too bad they haven't released an official, nice quality set though :angry:
Rugrats dammit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugrats dammit!
I never loved rugrats. I prefered Doug, actually.

Rugrats dammit!
By the time they pulled the plug on Rugrats it had gotten pretty terrible. Anything further would have just been beating a dead horse.

when i was a kid i liked goof troop, bonkers, darkwing duck...but i'm damn sure that if i saw any today i'd just feel stupid for liking it...the dialogue in kid's cartoons is usually worse than in sitcoms (of the non-seinfeld variety).

i do think billy and mandy's pretty cool, and i have a lot of love for the stuff genndy tartakovsky has done, especially dexter's lab.

but the classics just beat all...merry melodies, loony tunes, old hanna-barbera & mgm (like tom & jerry). even the old disney shorts. never a huge fan of the tex avery stuff, though. looney toons is so great though. i'm pretty sure that stuff was targeted at adults as well as kids (keep in mind that it was created in a time before there was a such thing as "teenagers" and there was not a sharply separated kid's market in entertainment.

oh yeah, and danger mouse!

the new adventures of winnie the pooh was extremely well done. i still enjoy watching those, if i happen to catch one. the voice acting is superb, the animation is gorgeous, etc etc.

slightly off-topic...does anyone know where i can get a copy (legally or otherwise) of this chuck jones toon:

Now Hear This (1962). I'm a musician and love the music ones, like "The Three Bops" and this one always seemed cool and trippy. There's an old Betty Boop cartoon on archive.org where they rotoscope a walrus over Cab Calloway while he's dancing. It's really insane to watch.

What about poddington peas ? I uploaded a wee bit of an episode i found on an old video to youtube a while ago ------>HERE

What about the wuzzles ? jimbo and the jet set , Dogtanian , Telebugs , Potsworth and Co. Raggy dolls . teddy ruxpin .denver the last dinosaur.shoe people , bananaman I Could be here all day listing great old kids shows !!

Heres some more videos ive uploaded to youtube :-
Ox Tales part 1
oxtales part2
potsworth and co part 1
potsworth and co part 2
JIMBO

All this remembering has made me remember about a tv show that i cant remember the name to. It had a family of dinosaurs (guys in suits) and it looked quite spiffy. If i remember correctly, the baby dinosaur always hit its dad over the head with a frying pan. Any Help? not a really a cartoon but since we got a good thing going i thaought i might as well ask as its bugging the crap outta me.

yea it's called dinosaurs i think. it's called 'die dinos' (1to1 translated 'the dinosaurs') in germany

and the baby says 'nicht die mama' or in english something like 'not my mom' ;)

sorry i never watched it with the original english dub.
it's a great series by jim henson. very funny

is that proper english? 'not the mama' sounds strange ;)
season 1 and 2 are outon dvd in the usa. you lucky bastards :) i have to download them here in euroland

All this talk about classic cartoons and no one mentions Astro Boy? Come on people....
I really loved the 80s series but the original 60s series is pretty good too.

Oh man dont get me started on todays cartoons. I miss the classics so much that I have thought of starting my own cartoon stream, lots of looney toons are in the public domain here in america and there are some good free modern independent modern cartoons ... but bandwidth and lack of server space caused some issues....

Need classics like Bobbys World, Life with Louie, Spiderman, Xmen, The Tick, and Samurai Pizza Cats. Who can hate these? :p

I actually got sick of Looney Toons, maybe its because I watched the episodes too many times and now I know what episode it is by watching it for 10 seconds ;)

Need classics like Bobbys World, Life with Louie, Spiderman, Xmen, The Tick, and Samurai Pizza Cats. Who can hate these? :p

I actually got sick of Looney Toons, maybe its because I watched the episodes too many times and now I know what episode it is by watching it for 10 seconds ;)

You just named some of my all time favs! Yea looney toons can get old after a while... but just dont watch them for about 5 yrs then they seem good again :)

A good example of how much today's cartoons suck is the new series of Tom and Jerry. Compare this series to the original cartoon and it pales in comparison. Its digraceful how the new series has been unable to recapture the essence that made the original tom and jerry good.

A good example of how much today's cartoons suck is the new series of Tom and Jerry. Compare this series to the original cartoon and it pales in comparison. Its digraceful how the new series has been unable to recapture the essence that made the original tom and jerry good.
Blame that on Tom & Jerry, the fame just got their heads.
You know how actors are ;)

anyone remember a kids program in england called Zap?

There was one thing where a guy would draw on the walls and then take his drawings off the wall.

And another bit where a girl in yellow dungarees would challenege kids to obstacle courses.

Anyone know if theres any information bout that on the net?

anyone remember a kids program in england called Zap?

There was one thing where a guy would draw on the walls and then take his drawings off the wall.

And another bit where a girl in yellow dungarees would challenege kids to obstacle courses.

Anyone know if theres any information bout that on the net?
ZZZap was awesome! It had that music that played the whole time, and no speaking. Was actually meant for the deaf, but I loved it all the same :)

Thank you Wikipedia.

Cuthbert Lilly Sketch

Back