Who's Staying?

What are you going to do?

• Total voters

Excellent, now I can make the point that people who put others on ignore shouldn't be eligible for mod status.

Oooh, what a life, making it hard for willing mods to keep the community alive and functioning, yeah .. that must be rewarding. I guess its a certain kind of devotion.

Actually, I've changed my mind .. I'm going to read every single thing you've posted in the last 48 hours and see if I can educate myself about elite snobbery and so on, and so forth ..

Apologies, quote. I shall hereby refrain from further poking-with-a-stick of the insult machine known as Exophase.

I wonder what a mod is suppose to do about this... Personally i think both of the should have gotten a PM saying "stop it you baby!" (in a more pc way), and anyone failing that, receiving a "cooldown" period. It is fun to watch, but this thread isn't a pissing contest between two people, and it doesn't look like a nice place to newcomers with urine all over the place :)

Cheers
Uni

u9i said:
I wonder what a mod is suppose to do about this...

A PM to cool down is about the only reasonable reaction, I would imagine. Certainly, mods shouldn't be so strict and rigid to crack down on all such discussions where individuals raise ire to sufficient levels worth of personal insults, but if it looks like the thread isn't going to be of any benefit as a whole, to the group, then it warrants a warning, at least..

Me though, I just don't like to be told to shut the fuck up, so I don't think I'd be doing a lot of that, personally, as a mod ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for getting here too late, I vastly overslept. Quote seems to have dealt with it well anyway.

To be honest, the exact same content on both boards is making me less interested in both.

I don't know why. It's the sense of futility I think :)

I always thought these boards should have a subforum where fighting is permitted. Then whenever a discussion gets too heated it can be moved there and the rest of the boards can be kept polite and respectful. I'm only half joking.

Tickles said:
I always thought these boards should have a subforum where fighting is permitted. Then whenever a discussion gets too heated it can be moved there and the rest of the boards can be kept polite and respectful. I'm only half joking.

Remember the first rule of GP32x Fight Club...

Tickles said:

I like this idea :>

Exophase said:
Tickles said:

I like this idea :>

I'm pretty sure that's how the Slipzone started...

In league with my dear colleague Exophase, I also like this idea. Lets have a fight/flame-zone where anything goes..

Ok, i'm not good at navigating, so it actually took me 2 days to find this thread again... damit! Curse this off-topic section :) Well, time also went on reading up on what happened (yeah yeah, i'm a slow reader). Just wanted to say I also like Tickles idea. There are a lot of people that just don't like being silenced, and are not good at keeping even a moderately polite tone. But i guess that attempt was no success?

[On topic]

I'm not sure i should vote or not. I had interest in the project, but am at a point where i probably won't ever re-order a pandora because of arrogance. So I don't think i will be checking the new forum out much.

/Uni

Back