Why All The Discourse?

Instantjewmix

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
In relation to a topic i posted yesterday that seemed to be a hit, I have this one as a reply and a question. Why do Europeans hate Americans, and if at all, why do Americans hate Europeans? (don't say it's because of bush, we already know he's an idiot)

King of the Hill syndrome - we tend to sit around, get a beer-belly, and complain about our short, yellah neybers.

I don't hate shapes on a map ... I hate people. ALL of you, ya smelly bags o' meat ... :angry:

I don't think Europeans hate Americans as such, they perhaps hate some of the actions of the country but that isn't down to civillians it's the government. In regards to your post yesterday it did come across a bit as if you thought we were all a bit backward but I think most of the replies were light hearted (and some were damn funny)

I'll second that. Fattest, stupidest, loudest, rudest, most racist people on the damn planet. I'm ready to jump ship just to avoid my fellow AmeriKKKans, and I was born here...

Pariah B)

N American tourists tend to give the country a bad name. I've heard some horror stories of referring to the UK as a 3rd world country and other obnoxious behaviour. There's the fact that the majority of people from the USA refer to America in just meaning to the states. America is the continent!
Also there's the fact that on country selections on web forms everything is listed alphabetically EXCEPT for the USA. And lastly English is from England and yet a lot of countries are taught American English which to all intents and purposes is a dialect...

All that being said I have nothing against a N. American person as an individual, I have many contacts that I enjoy speaking with that live stateside... But as a country you really need to learn to drop that damn arrogance. We are all humans at the end of the day!

Why the fuck is this still in the general GP2X section? :angry:

Not really a gp2x topic but what the hell..

America>all

And therein lies the problem

I think the problem is to do with loud minorities and governments. Foreign gonvernement policies paint a picture of a country more than anything....look at lap dog blair. And also minorities who go abroad. For instance in the UK we have Chavs. I hate them they are everywhere. But in fact they are only a minority but they are loud and that makes the rest of us seem like that to everyone. Same as the I hate french topic. Everyone seems to think french eat frogs legs, etc. I dont even know if that's true.

Personally I dont know anyone who isn't English. For those in the US, I live in Devon in southwest England which is tradtionally a farming area. I don't know any europeans or any black, asians, etc. The only impression I get is from media which I do my best to ignore.

Only place I mixed with people was in August in Dublin. Loads of Europeans and Americans. Irish are a great laugh, so were the Norwegian chaps we got chatting with, totally wasted and hilarious. The loudest and the silliest (not in a good way) were I'm afraid to say the Americans in the bar. Think how the Spanish feel when Chavs invade the "Costa Del Sol".

But saying that the impression I get from US TV shows are that most Americans seem to hate America(US).....many episodes of the Simpsons to tell that...."U..S..A U..S..A", etc.

An just for the benefit of the US crowd I have perfect natural teeth, my partner, my kids, my parents. In fact no-one I know in my family has bad teeth. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love someone IMing me and starts yelling at me and calling me a faggot for being from the US, the worst of all most of them listen to ska, which is founded the idea of anti-racism... oh well, I guess those people were ignorant.

(I know american isn't a race but same idea)

N American tourists tend to give the country a bad name. I've heard some horror stories of referring to the UK as a 3rd world country and other obnoxious behaviour. There's the fact that the majority of people from the USA refer to America in just meaning to the states. America is the continent!
Also there's the fact that on country selections on web forms everything is listed alphabetically EXCEPT for the USA. And lastly English is from England and yet a lot of countries are taught American English which to all intents and purposes is a dialect...

All that being said I have nothing against a N. American person as an individual, I have many contacts that I enjoy speaking with that live stateside... But as a country you really need to learn to drop that damn arrogance. We are all humans at the end of the day!

I find this thread really objectionable. I'm neither American nor European and I have to say the Europeans are not covering themselves with glory today. I think this thread should be deleted or moved, as it is very offtopic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back