Why So Much Hatred Here?

I think it's ultimately good that we have 3 consoles, if they're all supported.
Then there's a price point for everyone. There's no point in becoming homebrew console fanboys, children.

Though admittedly I own none of them yet, and my GP2x is currently broken :S.

Orkie posted on May 19 2009 at 01:55 PM said:
I do not hate anybody, nor do I dislike for association. If people need an epic fairytale-esque battle of Good vs. Evil, feel free to cast me however you wish but it is starting to get a bit wearing.
zodttd posted on May 19 2009 at 05:09 AM said:
stop the attacks on people here.
And on IRC too please zodttd.

I actually just heard about some stuff said by ZODTTD on IRC. Not sure if believe, but whatever.

craigix posted on May 19 2009 at 01:57 PM said:
I think you should take this outside. Like Men.
This is third time this month. And it's cold out side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Orkie posted on May 19 2009 at 12:55 PM said:
You flame gp32x people on IRC more than anyone else I've ever seen. -_-

greenmikey posted on May 19 2009 at 12:42 PM) I think a lot of members that don't have feelings of hate towards anyone just don't post as much to avoid getting neck deep in shit. There are a small (larger these days said:
few that really press the differences between the groups and help push people on one side or another. I love everyone.
Amen to that

You cant please everyone, some people are so pro one console they have their head up their arses when it comes to other consoles, same for scene websites and so on.

Some people believe anything that some people say because they are a newsposter/coder/webmaster and dont challenge that they might be totally wrong.

personally i think its great to have so many homebrew consoles at this time, we certainly need new blood in the homebrew scene because the consoles out already have pretty much done what can be done, which makes wiz, a320 and pandora so exciting

I agree with Zod's sentiment, as most reasonable people will... I'm not a developer, but at this point I know either own or will soon own all 3 consoles and I'm used to seeing fanboys argue, but developers arguing is much worse than people who aren't improving the device in the first place

PoisonedV posted on May 19 2009 at 10:53 PM said:
I agree with Zod's sentiment, as most reasonable people will... I'm not a developer, but at this point I know either own or will soon own all 3 consoles and I'm used to seeing fanboys argue, but developers arguing is much worse than people who aren't improving the device in the first place
It's comparable to a clashing of the Gods themselves!

Peter R posted on May 19 2009 at 11:27 PM said:
PoisonedV posted on May 19 2009 at 10:53 PM said:
It's comparable to a clashing of the Gods themselves!
nah, i think that's more like mods arguing.

I really, really agree with this post. It's about damn time. This bickering is getting ridiculous.

In fact, I think that it is time to take a harsh stand against this idiocy. I think that hostile fanboyish comments and attitudes (i.e. Shifty's post on the first page) should be punished by an instant ban of a week, no matter which "side" the person is from, and no matter their status.

A thread should be pinned somewhere prominent saying that this behaviour is unacceptable. We will not let ourselves become like GameFAQs.

Anyone agree?

As Zodttd points out, these attitudes are off-putting to the very people we all rely on for our programs. The more we are divided, the more we all lose out on the interaction and collaboration that the open-source community thrives on.

I'm glad to get such a response as for awhile I was starting to feel alone in a sea of crazy.

Orkie, I've rarely spoken on #gp2xdev , #wiz, #pandoradev on EFNet. While I agree that nobody should show hatred on IRC, I can't possibly fathom how you would direct a comment about such speech on IRC at me. We barely even speak to each other.

This is why I have this topic Orkie. I want it to stop.

(naw)mcx posted on May 19 2009 at 02:04 PM said:
Orkie posted on May 19 2009 at 01:55 PM said:
I do not hate anybody, nor do I dislike for association. If people need an epic fairytale-esque battle of Good vs. Evil, feel free to cast me however you wish but it is starting to get a bit wearing.
zodttd posted on May 19 2009 at 05:09 AM said:
stop the attacks on people here.

I actually just heard about some stuff said by ZODTTD on IRC. Not sure if believe, but whatever.
(naw)mcx: Noting what I just said in my post above, I'd be very surprised if most even notice me on IRC. What did you hear? Will be good to know what sort of slander is being put out there.

I have my own lil private channel on the Freenode IRC server, though I'm mostly active on irc.saurik.com. Beyond that, I just idle.

I really appreciate your work. You are prolific. Don't see what there is to hate about. People who feel that way are often a lot more vocal. I am sure you have enormous community support. We're just really quiet.

Esn posted on May 20 2009 at 10:48 AM said:
I really, really agree with this post. It's about damn time. This bickering is getting ridiculous.
In fact, I think that it is time to take a harsh stand against this idiocy. I think that hostile fanboyish comments and attitudes (i.e. Shifty's post on the first page) should be punished by an instant ban of a week, no matter which "side" the person is from, and no matter their status.

A thread should be pinned somewhere prominent saying that this behaviour is unacceptable. We will not let ourselves become like GameFAQs.

Anyone agree?
I agree. Another forum I frequent includes a "Be excellent to each other" rule in the guidelines. There is still plenty of room for debate and friendly flaming, but if it gets out of hand you get a short holiday for "not being excellent".

Perhaps a moratorium on "vs" threads needs to happen too. They tend to encourage rivalry between systems, and we've already got more than enough spec comparison info available.

Gruso posted on May 19 2009 at 08:37 PM) [quote="Esn posted on May 20 2009 at 10:48 AM said:
In fact, I think that it is time to take a harsh stand against this idiocy. I think that hostile fanboyish comments and attitudes (i.e. Shifty's post on the first page"] should be punished by an instant ban of a week, no matter which "side" the person is from, and no matter their status.[/quote]A thread should be pinned somewhere prominent saying that this behaviour is unacceptable. We will not let ourselves become like GameFAQs.

Anyone agree?
I agree. Another forum I frequent includes a "Be excellent to each other" rule in the guidelines. There is still plenty of room for debate and friendly flaming, but if it gets out of hand you get a short holiday for "not being excellent".

Perhaps a moratorium on "vs" threads needs to happen too. They tend to encourage rivalry between systems, and we've already got more than enough spec comparison info available.

Sounds familiar. Is it from GAF or TIGsource? I think i've seen it one of those two

I guess I'm in the minority here. I'm enjoying all this melodrama. It's very entertaining. How do you take something personally from another member when he/she will never likely see or know you in person? Has any member arranged a social face to face meeting with another aside for business purposes(OP team)? I highly doubt there are any stalkers here. I for one am to lazy and that big yellow ball in the sky kinda scares me.

DisgruntleElf posted on May 19 2009 at 09:21 PM) I guess I'm in the minority here. I'm enjoying all this melodrama. It's very entertaining. How do you take something personally from another member when he/she will never likely see or know you in person? Has any member arranged a social face to face meeting with another aside for business purposes(OP team said:
? I highly doubt there are any stalkers here. I for one am to lazy and that big yellow ball in the sky kinda scares me.
You should probably redefine your own perspective. As much as people love making fun of internet 'srs bsns', it's coming to the point where it's about as valid as anything that would happen in real life

Indeed. The biggest job offer I received in the past while was due to something I did online. Then there was one face-to-face meeting, and subsequently our communications have been digital. Face-to-face doesn't count for as much as it once did. Neither the Wiz nor the Pandora would have turned out as they had without the internet and this community in particular.

PoisonedV posted on May 19 2009 at 08:25 PM said:
You should probably redefine your own perspective. As much as people love making fun of internet 'srs bsns', it's coming to the point where it's about as valid as anything that would happen in real life
Yeah, I'm guess I'm just an old fart. The internet wasn't around in my teens so its not the real world to me but for someone growing up with the internet it does become a reality.

Back