• I already preordered a wii!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im not getting any of them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The wii browser totaly rocks.
A few days ago i wrote a small php script to encode any video into a flv file and watch it onto the wii, all you need is apache and mplayer/mencoder. Runs fine on windows and linux.
If someone wants to give it a try just drop me a message and i send it to you.

i finally got an rgb scart lead today having put up with the crappy red/white/yellow for 2 weeks, and it looks no different... then i get the new edge, see some screenshots of zelda and it looks f**k all like it does on my tv, and i know its not my tv, my 360/ps2/gc/dc etc.. all work fine through av1 scart, but i tried zelda and it looks fuzzy as hell, links face is just a blur, a bit like how i remember the n64. i have my wii set to 60hz and it makes no differnce. anyone got any ideas? cheers

SCART will give you pretty much the same quality as composite. What you want is the component video cables, provided your TV accepts that input.

I don't like the browser. At all. Besides the fact that I connect through my PC and could just use Firefox... I just can't read anything. The text is so blurry and small that it is hardly possible to make it out. Same for pictures. The lack of a keyboard is kinda annoying too, but I can deal with it.

I wonder if the Internet Channel Beta was the promised christmas surprise...

press + to zoom in!
How do you watch flv movies on the wii?
I downloaded the files from youtube but how do you play them?
My php script lets you browse the files on the pc and playbacks them on the wii through flash.

nickspoon posted on Dec 23 2006 at 11:47 PM said:
SCART will give you pretty much the same quality as composite. What you want is the component video cables, provided your TV accepts that input.

rgb scart is way better than composite isnt it??? has been with all other consoles ive had except this one

Last edited by a moderator:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyo posted on Dec 24 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
I already have flv files, I just need to know how to play them on the wii
you need a webserver for that. install apache or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
my wii component cable finally came today and now my virtual console games work fine on my tv :D Got a component switch thingy too so now i have my wii 360 ps3 and even ps2 connected with component cables :D Ps2 seemd to look a bit blocky tho :huh:

Im using component on my wii and HDMI on my PS3.

I jnust ordered an adapter so I can use the other HDMI cable i have on my cable :D Component cables are so bulky compared to an hdmi cable!!

Sort of off topic, but I really want to know...
Is the TG16 game "Military Madness" and/or the SNES game "SimCity" available on the Virtual Console outside of the UK? I haven't seen SimCity yet, but it's on a UK Wii Virtual Console release list.

not sure where sim city is available but her ein the UK only snes games are F Zero and donkey kong country 3. But i think sim city is available in america ?

But military madness is on the UK one is it good ? ive never heard of or played it :huh:

Seems strange that theres still only 2 snes games but theres 10 megadrive games !

I got a spare one I would be prepared to part with... however my uncle is interested in it and thinks about buying it from me. This evening I'll be able to tell you if he took it or not.

Technically It's a German one, but the language can be changed to english easily. It's completely untouched, I have never opened the box.
I'm not looking for an exorbitant price either, but I am of course not prepared to take a loss on that. Should be about 200 pounds plus shipping, but I did the conversion in my head; if you're interested I'll get you an exact figure.

Back