Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already preordered a wii!

• Im not getting any of them

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

i'll be staying with the 360 til probably the end of this generation as I really have no desire to pick up a Wii. If I want good first party games, i'll just play them on the Gamecube, i don't see any real reason to pay $250 to play pretty much the same type of game only with a different controller, plus, i really like my 360, and Gears of War totally kicks ass. I'm a graphics whore, so i expect my next gen console to perform next Gen, with a wii it feels like a step backwards, except for the controller.

The generation after this will be interesting, will Nintendo continue with this control scheme or go back to more traditional methods?? I can't wait for the end of this generation.

i'll be staying with the 360 til probably the end of this generation as I really have no desire to pick up a Wii. If I want good first party games, i'll just play them on the Gamecube, i don't see any real reason to pay $250 to play pretty much the same type of game only with a different controller, plus, i really like my 360, and Gears of War totally kicks ass. I'm a graphics whore, so i expect my next gen console to perform next Gen, with a wii it feels like a step backwards, except for the controller.

The generation after this will be interesting, will Nintendo continue with this control scheme or go back to more traditional methods?? I can't wait for the end of this generation.

I can't see how people can view it as a step backwards... it IS more powerful than the Game Cube. It just doesn't go to extremes as previous console generations have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is good, because that means that developers will most likely spend more time trying to wring the last bit of innovation and power out of the hardware instead of taking to the laissez-faire attitude to making games that is prevalent in the pc industry, and on "other" consoles. :)

To be honest, graphics only matter to a few people.

I've got housemates who can't tell the difference between an N64 game and a GC game. You may think they are retards, but most people really dont give a shit up to a point.

If a game is fun, it's good. I think the success of the DS even when there is a far more powerful machine on the market proves what I am saying.

A dramatic change in control method is more noticeably new to most people than graphics which look slightly better on a normal TV.

Zelda is god.

DSCN1603.jpg

I can't see how people can view it as a step backwards... it IS more powerful than the Game Cube. It just doesn't go to extremes as previous console generations have done.

Because the graphics are crap. Every Game I have seen looks like an old gamecube game. Blocky models, blurry textures, bland lighting. All it has is a gimmicky controller. It is like they aren't even trying to do decent graphics on it. Meh.

Graphics are not a measure of the game. I'm really, REALLY starting to get sick of everybody who screams for better, faster, more beautiful graphics, and then cries because the gameplay is shitty. You can't have it both ways people, Storyline & Gameplay should ALWAYS come before graphics (unless its a game with niether). What the industry needs is less companies always pushing for better graphics, and more companies trying to strike a balance between the two. Something that the Wii is most likely going to pull off very well, i'd wager.

Graphics are not a measure of the game. I'm really, REALLY starting to get sick of everybody who screams for better, faster, more beautiful graphics, and then cries because the gameplay is shitty. You can't have it both ways people, Storyline & Gameplay should ALWAYS come before graphics (unless its a game with niether). What the industry needs is less companies always pushing for better graphics, and more companies trying to strike a balance between the two. Something that the Wii is most likely going to pull off very well, i'd wager.

Concurred!!

We recently got Final Fantasy XII ... we're about 15 hours into the game ...

We're bored already.

Yes, it looks amazing.
Yes, the battle system is 'innovative' and 'flexible'.
.. but the story feels derivative and cliche'd, and I don't give a rats ass about any of the characters (especially that fag Vaan and his queer-boy costume).

I just got FF3 for the 'DS ... Now there's a great game. It's kinda sad to see that the only decent RPG to come out for years is a re-issue of an old-ass game (albeit with a few tweaks and gfx upgrade) that never even made it to the U.S.

If it weren't for Oblivion, I'd pass on the PS3 completely and get a Wii instead. What turns me off to the Wii is that gimmicky controller. I'm a lazy old fart, and can't picture myself flailing around to control a video game.

Fucking wiitard.

DaveC wants technological advancements with the next gen, not same grafix and a "special" controller. Just drop it, it's his opinion and he's entitled. Im really, REALLY starting to get sick of everybody who screams for "innovative", interactive gaming, and dismisses everything else because they use normal controllers and nice graphics. Go blow your wiimote if you love it so much, fuck.

If it calms anyone down, the Wii is capable of far superior graphics than what we're seeing so far in launch titles. These are rushed-out games for a launch, they aren't going to exploit the machine's real capability, which is roughly 70-100% faster than the hardware in the NGC with more memory available, and the same architectures for easier transition from the NGC to Wii hardware for developers. Improvements in the graphics of the games for the platform should improve rapidly for that reason, whereas it will take a very long time for developers to tap what CAN be tapped of the PS3/XB360's capability due to their more complex design.

At any rate, echoing the sentiment that graphics mean fuck-all in my purchase decisions. I got a DS over a PSP because there is not jack shit I want to play on the PSP, the DS is lighter, neater, more compact and comfortable, has far superior battery life, and a thriving homebrew scene that requires minimal effort and no reverse-engineering to take advantage of (also I love ARM processor-based hardware). Do I care that I can't play RIIIIIDGE RACER with 90,000 polygons onscreen at once? No, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Give me some fun 2D games with excellent sprite artwork and a higher intensity of gameplay any day.

My clever girlfriend, who bought me this wonderful, wonderful system, wisely said yesterday morning "Costco won't have any fucking kids, plus you need a membership". We showed up an hour before opening time, got in line, and received ticked #32 out of 46 systems sold. The bundle is on the previous page. To make my day extra-perfect, as we left we walked past a towering stack of unsold Zunes with someone literally saying "What the fuck are those pieces of shit?". Very Happy

Watched Happy Feet after lunch (highly recommend), then settled in to some solid hours of gaming. Excite Truck is getting traded (I think racing games are the devil), but Wii Sports and ZELDA got a solid workout.

Wireless setup was very easy, even with my no-SSID-broadcast network (more than I can say for winblows machines).

Wii Sports is awesome. Everyone at home made Miis, and we all had a blast. Consensus is that Boxing, Bowling and Golf are the most solid, but I'm going to give Tennis and Baseball more chances.

Zelda is god.

I poked around the Virtual Console, but paying $8 for Altered Beast seemed whack. I'll wait till those prices collapse, as I assume they will. My ROM collection is already flawless, but I'm willing to toss the Big N $0.50 for 8-bit games, $1 for 16-bit and maybe $2-5 for N64.

but I'm willing to toss the Big N $0.50 for 8-bit games, $1 for 16-bit and maybe $2-5 for N64.
Get the needle out of your arm ;)

Of course, if some clever person writes something to let me just upload ROMs to my SD card and then play those, I wouldn't complain.
lol yeah count on that :D

I love coders who put their knowledge to good use :D

I can quickly forsee this SD card capability being the Wii's version of

"OMFG GUYS! Sega lets the DC read NORMAL CD'S! And they think we're gonna BUY those games now? XD"

You see my point...

Back