Wikipad quad core tegra 3 $199 tablet

well as you might or might not know I've been watching this device intensely over the past months... it's now about 3 weeks from the supposed pushed back release date. Still no confirmation of the actual specs which is discouraging... also the date is probally a "pre-order date" which also infuriates me a tad.... in addition something was posted on their facebook page that looks suspiciously similar to their prototype. One "Gadmei T8830-3D tablet"... for a visual point of reference

http://usb.brando.co...718c051d15.html

cheap Chinese garbage ass tablet

The specs on THAT device are a reasonable $200 spec'd device... the tegra 3 rumor looks to be well off their pricepoint if they want to make a profit with the niche they are targeting. So I'm assuming this is one of the single core cortex a9's with a mali 400 gpu... with a high resolution = crap performance

On their facebook they are mentioning a revamp of their controller to be more styleish and cutting edge.... WTF!!! the thing was perfect the way it was... DON'T TOUCH IT!!! people with money and ability to design something revolutionary are fucking retarded sometimes.. I hope they dont' screw it up even more.

There was a press release that mentioned they changed it to a 10" tablet from a 8" one... which kinda goes against what I was hoping for. An 8 inch would work for a gaming handheld, a 10" with the size of the bezel as they were showing puts it right outside portable.... for shame... also makes that $200 even more unrealistic if it's to have any quality what-so-ever.

After comming to those conclusions I took my saved money and bought a new pandora... This hasn't even been released yet but I'm soo disappointed in this, I had great aspirations of this being a dream handheld.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Tegra 3 might cost $20-25 instead of $10-15 that a cheap Amlogic might cost. Suffice it to say that the former doesn't break the budget for a cheap tablet, and nVidia themselves have expressed desire to see Tegra 3 in $200 devices.

That said, I don't know why anyone would have assumed Tegra 3 without an announcement.

basically i hope it isnt delayed they said available end of march were here now? still not available i hate predictions.

basically i hope it isnt delayed they said available end of march were here now? still not available i hate predictions.
As you may know by me earlier posts here i love MAME now mame4droid reloaded 1.1 has multi core support so if this is as powerful as they say it is ie i believe tegra 3 trounced a core2duo2 desktop in the benchmark test so radiant silvergun fullspeed gradius 4 fullspeed(fingers crossed) even dreamcast emulation on the go, before this thread gets alot of trolling(just a thought).

Many people have had a Pandora for years now...This tablet...no-one has.
Unfortunately many aint as many as it should be as much as i love the pandora its starting to feel dated to me and i think its time too move on android is the way forward and nintendo and sony better watch or theyll get washed away( i hope this doesnt happen but remember sega thought they were invincible and look what happened there sony are cutting to many corners no tv out on the vita is a seriously bad call and flash support? is it happening? nintendo are just rolling out underpowered crap and are dead in the water to me now.

A Tegra 3 might cost $20-25 instead of $10-15 that a cheap Amlogic might cost. Suffice it to say that the former doesn't break the budget for a cheap tablet, and nVidia themselves have expressed desire to see Tegra 3 in $200 devices.

That said, I don't know why anyone would have assumed Tegra 3 without an announcement.

the youtube videos they danced around the tegra 3 specs, and when they were asked directly about tegra 3 chipset they said yes, but there's no official press release confirming or denying it yet. Also if you look closely even the port flaps are identical to their prototype..

with everything considered I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but everything about it... previously unknown company, size of operation, lack of technical information, amount of self propelled hype, unneeded secrecy... just all very very fishy.

the youtube videos they danced around the tegra 3 specs, and when they were asked directly about tegra 3 chipset they said yes, but there's no official press release confirming or denying it yet. Also if you look closely even the port flaps are identical to their prototype..

with everything considered I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but everything about it... previously unknown company, size of operation, lack of technical information, amount of self propelled hype, unneeded secrecy... just all very very fishy.
But if it was?? keep the faith android.

i believe tegra 3 trounced a core2duo2 desktop in the benchmark test

No, just no. That claim from nVidia was completely fraudulent.

I don't know what MAME does with threading these days but most emulators struggle to benefit a lot from it. No point getting your hopes up just now.

Yes, the whole thing looks sketchy and reminiscent of a lot of other product announcements. But I don't think that really casts doubt on the Tegra 3 claim. They could be using the exact same mechanical design as that tablet and still have different hardware inside. If anything, being connected to Gadmei would at least mean they're capable of making something.

Talking about releasing this in a few weeks while also talking about redesigning it is a total joke, though.. And I agree, there's no way they'll keep their claimed price point with a 10 inch screen, so expect to see a price bump if they change it.

Back