Wikipad quad core tegra 3 $199 tablet

i believe tegra 3 trounced a core2duo2 desktop in the benchmark test

No, just no. That claim from nVidia was completely fraudulent.

I don't know what MAME does with threading these days but most emulators struggle to benefit a lot from it. No point getting your hopes up just now.
so basically until they can get single core clockspeed up we are stuck where we are? strange i tried mame on a hp touchpad and the difference was substantial

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got another vague tidbit... when asked more directly about specs etc... the reply was

"all will be revealed at E3"

June 5th -7th ...

may 28th order my ass...

IMHO it would be an advantage if the pad would be plugged into the control-frame from the bottom and not from the top and stick in firmly enough to not drop down by gravity+shaking.

Why?

Because I can imaging well sitting in a train, the train stops at a station, the doors open, someone runs by, pulls your pad out of the frame and is gone while you sit there for far too many seconds with an empty frame thinking "ermm...wtf!?"

Edit: However if the control-frame would be shaped like a boomerang you could strike the thief down like Crocodile Dundee and get back your pad while the crowd applauds.

Edit: However if the control-frame would be shaped like a boomerang you could strike the thief down like Crocodile Dundee and get back your pad while the crowd applauds.

my_interest_you_have_it.jpg

I don't know why I still follow this... but there's some new renders of the redesign

http://gd.wikipad.com/

they didn't mess with the design too much and did actually improve it with the dpad (resembles the pandora's) and start/select placement...

but... if they push it back agian I'm going to punch a kitten

EDIT: also notice the "powered by nvidia" so that tegra 3 chipset is looking pretty likely

EDIT2: june 6th (tomorrow) will be the "offiicial offiical" announcement about specs and release informtion

By the time this gets released it won't be relevant their talking of a price increase now.

Back