Wikipad quad core tegra 3 $199 tablet

It should have bluetooth most high end android tablets have it.

The controller with this uses a physical connection in the prototype, I'm guessing it will make it to the final verion

I can't tell you for certian if you can use sixaxis controller app with this tablet untill it is released, a lot is involved with determining compatiblity, mainly the which bluetooth controller they choose. There are some android phones that have incompatible bluetooth controllers with the sixais controller.

Another if is if you can root this device. If it comes with an unlocked bootloader you can easily give yourself superuser permissions so you can change hardware mappings and also install the sixaxis controller. If the question is will with work with gta3, seeing how this uses android 4.0 which uses standard gamepad mappings I would say yes it's compatible

It should have bluetooth most high end android tablets have it.

The controller with this uses a physical connection in the prototype, I'm guessing it will make it to the final verion

I can't tell you for certian if you can use sixaxis controller app with this tablet untill it is released, a lot is involved with determining compatiblity, mainly the which bluetooth controller they choose. There are some android phones that have incompatible bluetooth controllers with the sixais controller.

Another if is if you can root this device. If it comes with an unlocked bootloader you can easily give yourself superuser permissions so you can change hardware mappings and also install the sixaxis controller. If the question is will with work with gta3, seeing how this uses android 4.0 which uses standard gamepad mappings I would say yes it's compatible

thankyou ;)

i love this tablet so mutch :wub:

just an update on this, got a message back from them yesterday, they are on track for a US release in 3-4 weeks, europe and other countries to follow shortly there after

bs......really? as in the controller AND the tablet? weeks? im still doubtful. would love to see it though

just got a message from wikipad inc when asked about official announcements and release date

"An exciting announcment in the next few days about specs. Release Memorial Day."

EDIT: that's Monday, May 28, 2012 for all you non-american types... guess that "march release date" was a little too ambitious

EDIT2: another confirmation http://www.facebook.com/wikipad

EDIT3: two months™ :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
What this generally means is that they've seen the new iPad and are now shitting enough bricks to build a house.

Building a Tablet ain't worth shit if you can't get developers to crap out tech demos thinly disguised as games at the drop of a hat.

Which is sad, really, because all that spiel about the iPad being preferred by gamers over consoles is bullshit. I'd game on my Vita any day for everything but RTS games and throw-away time wasters.

Hmm, that's an odd turn of events... I suspect everything will turn out well, so long as they don't try to mimic Apple.

Also, they're preloading it with content. 3D games/films maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I assume the tablet slots into those controls?

It looks quite tasty, but I doubt i'll be picking up a tablet till they release one with Wacom grade pressure sensitivity.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Looks great but I'd be astounded if it can be sold at $199. Can't see any mention of retail price on the wikipad site.

Merged.

On topic...

I hope this doesn't end up being vapour, because they don't seem to be heavily promoting it considering that it's meant launch in May or June 2012.

At least for now Gaikai only provides cloud games demos. I'm using another more known cloud gaming service called OnLive. They offer full games like Batman: Arkham City, Dead Island, Saints Row: The Third and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. They also already have an OnLive App for Android that runs on most Android tablets and many smartphones like the Xperia PLAY.

Here are some quotes from an article about the Wikipad that mentions Gaikai and OnLive:

Until now, cloud gaming service Gaikai was reluctant to announce any plans about their coming to any mobile platforms. The company felt that 4G networks, which they feel are a minimum requirement for smooth and problem free cloud gaming, are not proliferated enough to warrant an entry into the mobile space. Looks like they changed their mind about that, maybe because their strongest opponent in the cloud gaming arena OnLive doesn't mind working even on 3G networks and up. Gaikai announced that their cloud gaming network will be available on the world's first gaming tablet, the WikiPad. Of course when the WikiPad launches, as they take their time with the launch.

Cloud gaming is changing the way video games are consumed. Today gamers have to either drive to a store, wait for games to arrive in the mail, or download games, which can take as long as visiting the store itself. Cloud gaming removes the friction and makes games -- no matter how large -- appear instantly. The WikiPad is capable of running games locally but will also offer extremely high performance games from Gaikai's cloud gaming platform. Without cloud gaming, many incredible console quality games could never appear on tablets.

Of course, since the WikiPad is an Android mobile gaming device and will surely have access to Google Play, OnLive will work on the device from the get-go as they are available on the Google Play marketplace and already work on nearly any Android tablet. In the past, OnLive has also shown a lot of flexibility and fast responses to adapt their controls support for various mobile devices like the built-in slide out gamepad on the Sony Xperia PLAY and the PS3 controller support on the Sony Tablet S. So, when the WikiPad gaming tablet launches, OnLive will surely support the controls on the device in no time.

SOURCE: http://www.onlivespo...-is-coming.html

This Wikipad gaming tablet looks really sexy and I hope it comes out very soon. I'd love to do some gaming on the go with this tablet and OnLive.

Back