Will The Pandora Be Finished And Ship By May Of 2010

Will Pandora be Ready by 05/2010?

• Total voters

The thing that pains me so is that this *really* is like my dream device in the making. My device budget will probably only allow me to have this one device and so my money is stuck :/ I'm so eagerly awaiting this, and I don't want to get a bad attitude, but my only gadget money is tied up in this thing :/

Even I remember that someone did not believe me about the launch of Pandora for May.

When you pass the time tell me who is right ...

Even so, I doubt May.

More than anything by "false promises".

Greetings.

I'd just like to move past the cases so we can be delayed by something else.

Hi, I hate to interrupt or anything but I thought that this would be the most appropriate place to ask a question.

I am going to Japan in April and I was wondering how likely it will be that I will have my pandora by then. I know that the date keeps changing and everything due to the unreliability of the Chinese manufacturer (I do follow the blog and everything) but it sure would be nice to have this for the 12 hour plane ride.

To those who answer my question, Thanks.

bananajamslam said:
Hi, I hate to interrupt or anything but I thought that this would be the most appropriate place to ask a question.

I am going to Japan in April and I was wondering how likely it will be that I will have my pandora by then. I know that the date keeps changing and everything due to the unreliability of the Chinese manufacturer (I do follow the blog and everything) but it sure would be nice to have this for the 12 hour plane ride.

Assuming that everything runs smoothly, the cases are green lighted on Friday (Jan 29), they spend all next week producing the cases (Feb 5th), 8 days shipping (Feb 15th) and the following 10 days shipping (we'll exclude weekends for calculation purposes) the last Pandora from the first batch should go out March 1st. If they're shipping straight from Texas, then you should have yours by March 8th. If they need to be shipped back to the Craig, ED, and Fatih, that'll add an extra couple weeks. So, assuming the cases arrive this week and all is well, adding in some buffer time for shipping, the last Pandora should arrive no later than march 22nd.
Of course, I've done these calculations several times before, and it never works out.

edit: I forgot to mention, February has Chinese new year. If the cases aren't done by (around) the 10th, they aren't going to get done. More likely, since they know it'll take about a week to produce them, if they don't get the go ahead by the 3rd they probably won't be producing any. That's my guess, just adding up the numbers. So these next samples had better arrive this week and be perfect, or we'll lose a minimum of 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bananajamslam said:

I'm going to Japan in April also and I concur, it would be fantastic. Being able to plug my camera into the Pandora and upload pics to flickr for friends and family whenever there is wifi about would be great...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Of course, I've done these calculations several times before, and it never works out."

Ain't that the truth.

@bananajamslam

I don't anticipate the cases coming in this week, so more than likely we won't see a green light at best until next week. If they can produce the full kit and kaboodle before Chinese New Year, there may be a slim chance you'd get it before you went to Japan. If they produce the cases after Chinese New Year, then it's probably safer to say we will be well into April before they start shipping.

So best case scenario - yes
second best case scenario - maybe
anything else - don't count on it.

Edit: Like WizardStan said, if we miss Chinese New Year, we forfeit February. And than you can take all of what WizardStan said from (Feb 5th) but replace it with the following month.

Sorry if this disappoints. I'd rather expect the worst and hope for the best. I, myself, wanted the Pandora for PAX East ~March 25th.

Magic 8 ball says...
magic8ball.jpg

I believe that unless something terribly goes wrong, they'll begin shipping this very month... then again I've always been bad at judging this type of thing, but the amount of work needed to be finished, if I understand correctly, is just waiting for the cases to arrive then assembling the parts, and the parts are already there (well, at least 1000 each). The boards are done I think?

Back