Will The Pandora Ever Arrive?

mrdremel said:
rabidpoobear said:
quartercast said:
I am expecting to receive mine in December. Any date earlier than that is a treat for me :)
+1. I'm expecting for SOME people to get theirs by November, but I was further down the list so I'm guessing Dec / maybe Jan for mine. Back in June when craigix said "I'm prepared to say July", I said "Well then I'll give him half a year extra on that one." So if no one has gotten one by end of January I'll get a refund. But that's extremely unrealistic now.

I'm expecting the Pandora to pleasure it's end users around the time hell freezes over... :p

Have seen so many dates and estimates about it now
Pick out a nice sweater, I've got a box of 2 shot for those flying pigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for taking so long to answer, there is no good reason why it can now fail because all the good reasons have been defeated in the last year.

All the parts have been delivered, the cases are in mass production, the first 100 boards are awaiting cases.

For something to go wrong now it would be a titanic event such as Texas Instruments going bust.

Remember OpenPandora has no debts so a bank/investor can't suddenly shut us down - we did this by taking preorders and throwing our own savings in.

There is no secret middle man, it's direct us to you, you are the people who invested to get your machine made and we will deliver those as promised.

By doing it this way we have produced a machine much cheaper than it would usually be. Take a look at the price of other omap3 devices which have similar specs (I know nothing is really the same as the Pandora, but it gives you an idea how expensive much more simple things are even to the likes of apple).

The whole team would have to be dead before this project stopped, and since we live on different continents that would be conspiracy theory stuff...

:)

Or all out nuclear war, which case none of us will probably need one anymore. ( no internet, no way to recharge, no food, no water, no life, etc.)

Then again, I can't think of a better way to die of radiation sickness than to play MAME or something on Pandora!

Poem58 said:
Or all out nuclear war, which case none of us will probably need one anymore. ( no internet, no way to recharge, no food, no water, no life, etc.)

Then again, I can't think of a better way to die of radiation sickness than to play MAME or something on Pandora!
This made me think PIP boy :D

craigix said:
Remember OpenPandora has no debts so a bank/investor can't suddenly shut us down - we did this by taking preorders and throwing our own savings in.
They can, however, still freeze your account for any bloody reason they dang well want, just by calling it "suspicious behavior". That may not be a good reason, but it's still a possibility.
Those bastards.

No way to recharge? Surely if we have solar power chargers now SOMEBODY could make something that would charge a Pandora from the fallout of a global thermonuclear war? I mean - we might as well make use of all that free energy just hanging around...

Personally my bet is on space junk falling out of the sky onto each Pandora team member. There's a reason that the US government won't tell us where all their space junk is, and that's it - powered by the almighty dollar they are afraid of the loss of tax revenue if the big three can't charge extornionate amounts for EVERYTHING so are positioning several old satellites even as we speak for a simultaneous "oopsie - was that a Pandora team member?" strike. No cost effective alternatives PUHLEASE! (or we'll drop space junk on you).

Ta,

craigix said:
It would not do them much good, there isn't much in there
smile.gif

Everything is paid for!

Even the carriage? It'd do us no good to know our Pandoras are at your place - or in Texas (or wherever). And the wan...err, bankers most likely know that. The fiends. I can just picture them stroking their fluffy white pussies now and gloating "Soo, SOOON! Wait until they are built and THEN freeze the accounts... BWAHAHAAAA!"

Ahem.

Banks only seem to get a bit strange if a)you have too little money or b)you have a lot and they didn't loan you it.

We have easily enough to pay for shipping and any other little issues which might come up, but not so much that we would show up on any radar.

craigix said:
All the parts have been delivered, the cases are in mass production, the first 100 boards are awaiting cases.

:)

The final moulds have been created and approved?

What? the 30 days are finished? the moulds of the case are ready? thats awesome , we hafe also only 30 days to wait for our panodoras?
i can play super mario world in the middle of september? thats good news craig!! :lol:

or hafe i understand everithing?..

30 (thirty) days is better than 60 (sixty) days :)

edit: i dont now how greath would written, i changed it whit "awesome"..

i made a thread about a month ago asking about the likelihood of the first orders going out before the 5th of september. i was told by craigix "maybe"... is this still the case?
i ordered within the first hour or 2. i guess that means im probably out of the first 100.

atomicthumbs said:
First 100 emails? Names? GP32X usernames?

Either way this would be awesome :D

I'd prefer the addresses so I can intercept one. I promise I will deliver my order to the person to replace it ;)

Back